IGNORED

Belgium Embassy In Bangkok & Tourist Visa

tjb30i

Looking for some advice on obtaining a tourist visa to visit Belgium for my Thai GF. Process looks straight forward on gathering the required documents from the commune, bank statements etc.

Facts of my case:

- Looking for a 90 day Schengen tourist visa done through the Belgium embassy

- I am a resident of Belgium living in Brussels

- Bar girl but mother owns the bar and employees her. Actually she just works as the cashier behind the bar nowadays. Won't be any problem getting her mother to provide proof of time off or proof of employment. Actually name of bar is her first name (nice of mother).

- She has a daughter than won't be accompaning her

- Her entire family lives in Pattaya, mother, daughter, sister

- She has gone to Denmark previously under a tourist Visa for 1 month but 6 years ago

- I will be the financial sponsor and rent her an apartment for 2 months. Money in bank not a problem

- Getting the commune documents not a problem (guarantee letter certified by commune and family composition from commune). They will issue immediately to me.

Questions:

- Is the title on her job description important, i.e. should it not say bar girl but something like cashier?

- Do I need to use a Visa company to faclitate based on the above facts. Their fees seem excessive around 800 Euros. My attorney in Pattaya (Siam Legal) was a bit cheaper around 500 Euros.

- How do you reserve a plane ticket without paying for it in advance and how important is it to show this reservation?

- Any warnings or past experiences on the Belgium embassy? A lot of discussion around the UK but nothing the Belgium embassy in Bangkok

- Do I need to show she has ties to Thailand like her daughter? Nothing mentioned around this as required documents from the Belgium embassy

- Would it help if I go with her if questions come up? Understand I can't physically attend the interview.

- Any other advice or watchouts?

- How long did it take other people to get Visa?

- Do you need to schedule appointments with the embassy ahead of time to apply?

Thanks

Edited by tjb30i

13 years back i had the same problems and questions as u right now. Then it wasn't as frequent as nowadays that a Belgian guy applied for tourist visa for Thaigirlfriend, besides for us it was a visa to marry in belgium which even needs more documents, time and money!!!! So on which papers u will need nowadays i cann't say for 100% but u can get a lot of info on the following website : http://www.diplomatie.be/nl/travel/visa/default.asp.

The first steps will always be the same:

1. applay for pasport for lady and make copy of it for u to take to Belgium

2. go to your city hall with copy of pasport, her adress and your idcard to obtain a garanty and family-status (in dutch = ten laste neming + gezinssamenstelling)

3. documents you defenitily will need to show when applying in belgian embassay in bangkok for visa: garanty + familystatus + copy of your idcard + 3 copies of your last 3 months paycheck-deposit from your work + a statement of your employer that u work there since how long + a letter in which u invite her to come over to belgium for a holiday where u repeat all the possible info u can get and where she is going to stay + maybe new things i don't know???

4. for the girl: 3-4 idcardpictures, pasport, Thai idcard, birthcertificate, a travel and healtinsurance for her stay in belgium and ???? u will have to find out yourself at the embassy maybe.

For the plane-ticket u will need to buy this only when the visa is approved,the 90 days of visa will commence when she arrives at the customs in Belgium! earlier u needed to have a return ticket before applying visa but these days are over!

The hardest part will be the interview which they perform randomly when they feel the need for it! here u have to prove your goodwill, history between u two and the purpose of her visit and so on. They just want to give u a hard time when they are up to it! Sometimes u won't get an interview at all, go figure!!!!

But eventually u will succeed just have patience a whole lot of it!!!!!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Looking for some advice on obtaining a tourist visa to visit Belgium for my Thai GF. Process looks straight forward on gathering the required documents from the commune, bank statements etc.

Questions:

- Is the title on her job description important, i.e. should it not say bar girl but something like cashier?

- Do I need to use a Visa company to faclitate based on the above facts. Their fees seem excessive around 800 Euros. My attorney in Pattaya (Siam Legal) was a bit cheaper around 500 Euros.

- How do you reserve a plane ticket without paying for it in advance and how important is it to show this reservation?

- Any warnings or past experiences on the Belgium embassy? A lot of discussion around the UK but nothing the Belgium embassy in Bangkok

- Do I need to show she has ties to Thailand like her daughter? Nothing mentioned around this as required documents from the Belgium embassy

- Would it help if I go with her if questions come up? Understand I can't physically attend the interview.

- Any other advice or watchouts?

- How long did it take other people to get Visa?

- Do you need to schedule appointments with the embassy ahead of time to apply?

Thanks

[/quote

The Belgian embassy is not that "difficult". Just get the paperwork done properly, DO NOT make use of a Visa agency, but tell your GF to apply herself. Avoid the "bar girl" designation (cashier sounds much better)and tell her to answer questions straight forward. Your presence at the interview would not help. I was present when my Tilac was interviewed for her first visa application a few years ago and was asked to be silent during the interview. She went through it in 4 minutes and got her visa in less than 10 days (it actually takes that long due to Schengen requirements). No need to make appointments, just walk in, take a number and wait for your turn. It gets a bit crowded on some days, but never more than 10 or 12 people in queue. Good luck!

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I spoke to a couple of Visa agencies and they made it out to be a big deal which is of course in their best interest.

For the Belgium embassy did you have to provide documents she had ties strong ties to Thailand, like her daughters school reports affiliation? I saw no reference to this sort of documents on the embassy web site but other people have mentioned this for other embassies.

No harrashment or bribes required like at the UK embassy?

Did you just pay in cash or did you have to get a money draft?

No need to have a reserved plane ticket in advance?

Just found out she had a Schengen tourist visa before for Denmark end of 2004 beg 2005 so this should help as well.

Thanks

You don't need to mention her work however just advise them she works for the family business.

Feel free to pm myself if you require professional help.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 1 month later...

hi,

don't forget Insurance (Bupa)for those 90 days stay (Bupa is near Ambassy) Bupa Location

tourist Visa takes about 20 till 30 days

visa pdf model

and here you can check online if it's delivered

Online Check for Visa

no appointments only open from 9 till 12 if i'm right

good luck

My Thai GF screwed up the interview so bably they called back in two days to redo it over the phone. This should have been a basic submissions. She has been issued Schegen Visa's with the Denmark embassy twice before so that was good support and I had more than enough financial capability to support her. All the paperwork was perfect. Where we ran into problems is the family composition I had to bring along showing a wife and 2 kids. She first claimed we were only friends and she had been helping me out as a guide. They called back in two days and said they did not believe it and wanted to get the truth before they submitted the application. She then told the truth and said she was my GF. They then went ahead and asked questions if she had met the wife and where is the wife etc. It has been two weeks and no news yet maybe next week. I expect a denial and would be surprised otherwise. I don't know what the wife has to do with anything, financial capability no issue, she has previously been issued Schegen visa's and returned no problem but think this is going to shoot us in the foot.

I have since been advised that she should have just applied at Denmark again (Sweden is also easy) and only takes a 2-3 days to get the Visa and the last time she applied at Denmark they did not even ask any questions at all and then you just fly from Denmark to Sweden.

So the question is what to do if she is turned down? You can't just walk across the street and apply at Denmark embassy in the same way as they have a database of all the applicants and it would look strange she got turned down at Belgium. I don't want to wait 3 months to try again with someone else. This is my contingency plan and wanted to get some input from others:

- Put enough money into her account to show she can support herself (she did the same for the Denmark visa's)

- I know one official bank (probably more out there) that for a small amount of BAHT will create 6 months of history in a new bank book so it looks like the money has been there for a while with transactions in and out

- Apply straight away at Denmark embassy without me as the financial sponsor

- When she applies she just says upfront she got turned down at Belgium to see boyfriend, has more than enough money to support herself, got approved to take vacation time anyway so wants to go back and see friends in Denmark that she has previously done twice before. As evidence we have bank book and previously issued Schegen Visa's from Denmark as support.

Thoughts on whether this would work?

hi,

don't forget Insurance (Bupa)for those 90 days stay (Bupa is near Ambassy) Bupa Location

tourist Visa takes about 20 till 30 days

visa pdf model

and here you can check online if it's delivered

Online Check for Visa

no appointments only open from 9 till 12 if i'm right

good luck

I checked online but nothing comes up. Does it only show up when it has been approved?

I checked online but nothing comes up. Does it only show up when it has been approved?

yes

status should show something like "en traitement" (processing)

as soon it's approved, it will appear online and you or she should get a call from Ambassy

good luck !