Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bargain Like Mad

PeterKe

Sorry its a bit late now, but the hotel & travel sale at the Queen Sirikit Convention Centre in Bangkok for the past few days was excellent, and featured loads of Pattaya hotels, that had some great offers.

Goes to show that you are in a really strong position at the moment to bargain for the best deal. Use the earlier great advice & don't show up with all your bags and try to negotiate as they know you are stuck, but either call ahead, or personally check out the hotels you want & make sure that you ask for the very best deal, with any possible extras. Maybe try booking a hotel a grade higher than you normally would as you will likely get it for the same price as a lower graded hotel a year ago. Or with extras, maybe ask for Internet access, breakfast etc.... they want your business!!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination

Being myself employed in the hotel industry I suggest:

- Walk-in and bargain

Makes sense for guest houses or some smaller family run hotels. They might need your business and are flexible therefore.

Most bigger hotels have implemented SOP’s (standard operation policies), so their front office is not authorized to offer any complimentary services or discounts exceeding this policy.

- Bigger hotels with 4 – 5 * rating

For reasons stated above I recommend to do some research and book though an agent.

Walk-in is usually the most expensive option for these places.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Flexibility is the key, the problem with a lot of Thai run hotels/guest houses is they try to tell you they only have more expensive room available and don't tell you all the extras, been there and done all that.

I prefer room reservations via email as any questions can be answered by email so you the customer knows where you stand, but do often have guests walk in and I always offer them a deal depending on length of stay etc.. If we have anything available.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg