IGNORED

Any Airlines With Leg Room Space In Economy?

iluvasians/latins

Well, just got back from Pattaya and had a blast, review coming. I am just wondering from all you fellow mongers that come out here all the time, are there any airlines out there that have adequate leg room in economy? I flew China Airlines from LAX and the ride was a killer. No room at all. I had a window seat coming out, but changed to an aisle seat coming back. I am only 5'9" inches and weigh 180 pounds. I fly economy for that is what I can afford. No space and seats are very tight to one another. Any help and suggestions on other airlines would be appreciated. YES, I am now addicted. Coming back in December. :D

Also, I am a dumb arse, but I have been playing around on JAL's website, and for the life of me, I can't figure out their reservation screen. I get to the schedule section and get stuck right there. Can't pick an itenary and see prices. :WTF1:

Thanks to all, and "I shall return."

In my experience Thai have the most legroom in economy.

The downside being old aircraft and no 'On Demand' entertainment.

My favourite airline at the moment would be Etihad - not sure if they fly from where you are though.

I know what you mean about the trips being a killer. I fly from a regional airport on the US east coast and can only choose from US carriers (unless there is a code-share). It usually takes me about 30 hours with stopovers.

I just booked an economy award ticket with United (they were having a sale with discounted miles for economy). I spent an extra $300 to upgrade to economy-plus. I have never used it before, but it is supposed to give you an extra 5-6 inches of legroom. I usually find that upgrades are the best uses for miles, but I figured that I would give this a try as the trip is less than $350 all in.

Airbus A380. The new Double decker plane has huge amounts of leg room in economy.Flew in it on the 4th of june from Dubai to Bangkok with emirates. They also fly the A380 from London to Dubai so can fly from London to BKK with lots of leg room. If you can fly from the US( im guessing because of your flag) I would check with airlines to see if they fly the new airbus and give it ago.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

George Best the World Greatest.. Just ask Pele

I know what you mean about the trips being a killer. I fly from a regional airport on the US east coast and can only choose from US carriers (unless there is a code-share). It usually takes me about 30 hours with stopovers.

I just booked an economy award ticket with United (they were having a sale with discounted miles for economy). I spent an extra $300 to upgrade to economy-plus. I have never used it before, but it is supposed to give you an extra 5-6 inches of legroom. I usually find that upgrades are the best uses for miles, but I figured that I would give this a try as the trip is less than $350 all in.

I am a United Million mile, 1K flyer, and the $350 for Economy plus is well worth it on trips to SEA. You have as much leg room as the premium economy seats that SIA, Thai, BA and Virgin has, In fact on domestic configurations, Economy plus has more leg room then United First.

I am a very very hansum man, just ask any of the BG's I have BFed!!!

Airbus A380. The new Double decker plane has huge amounts of leg room in economy.Flew in it on the 4th of june from Dubai to Bangkok with emirates. They also fly the A380 from London to Dubai so can fly from London to BKK with lots of leg room. If you can fly from the US( im guessing because of your flag) I would check with airlines to see if they fly the new airbus and give it ago.

I can concur with this. I didn't even realise I was on the 380 at first, and I thought I'd been upgraded when I saw my seat!! I hadn't but legroom was fantastic and Emirates is now my fave airline, even the 777 I flew on the Dubai London leg had good leg room and their IFE is 2nd to none

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Worth bookmarkng this one at the moment they do not fly to the US but do have plans to when their new 777s arrive. For any Aussies they have Bangkok - Perth at 8000 Baht return and no extra charges. A great airline never had an accident or incident of any kind and has never had a flight canceled or depart/arrive late.

A great Thai Airline

Al.

Worth bookmarkng this one at the moment they do not fly to the US but do have plans to when their new 777s arrive. For any Aussies they have Bangkok - Perth at 8000 Baht return and no extra charges. A great airline never had an accident or incident of any kind and has never had a flight canceled or depart/arrive late.

A great Thai Airline

Al.

Been on them twice for domestic flight, not much more than a Bus and you get free Som tum and Red Fanta

If you’re not happy with economy seating at all, try Eva Air Deluxe Class.

http://www.evaair.com/html/b2c/english/

Seating is similar than business class, service more or less economy and pricing in between.

A cost effective option for tall and elderly people.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

The worst seat i have ever had was a Asia air x flight from Kl to Gold coast a brand new plane seat squashed together the seats dont recline , the slide inside the seat frame , Never AGAIN

The worst seat i have ever had was a Asia air x flight from Kl to Gold coast a brand new plane seat squashed together the seats dont recline , the slide inside the seat frame , Never AGAIN

Cathay Pacific has these Shell seats on some flights that only slide down, hard as hell, I hate them

What about the armrests? can you lift them up on every seat in the row, I ask cos ob the A330-200 the middle armrest do not come up preventing one to lie down if one is lucky to get a whole row to themselves

Been on them twice for domestic flight, not much more than a Bus and you get free Som tum and Red Fanta

Emirates does fly a nonstop flight from JFK to dubai with the new A380 but I'm not sure how good the connection in dubai is.

Well, just got back from Pattaya and had a blast, review coming. I am just wondering from all you fellow mongers that come out here all the time, are there any airlines out there that have adequate leg room in economy? I flew China Airlines from LAX and the ride was a killer. No room at all. I had a window seat coming out, but changed to an aisle seat coming back. I am only 5'9" inches and weigh 180 pounds. I fly economy for that is what I can afford. No space and seats are very tight to one another. Any help and suggestions on other airlines would be appreciated. YES, I am now addicted. Coming back in December. :D

Also, I am a dumb arse, but I have been playing around on JAL's website, and for the life of me, I can't figure out their reservation screen. I get to the schedule section and get stuck right there. Can't pick an itenary and see prices. :Oops5:

Thanks to all, and "I shall return."

From the US, look at these options . . .

United Economy+ has more space btwn the rows.

Upside if you join the mileage plan, they typically upgrade you once you've flown over 25k.

Downsides, you're often on old 747s without seatback systems and not the best arrival/departure times from SFO or LAX typically through Narita.

EVA Evergreen Class only costs a couple hundred more but that gets you an old style bus class seat (probably best bang/buck option).

Singapore has an Economy Plus and best equipment (either trip 7 or latest gen 747). Not the cheapest ePlus option.

Hope this helps

Edited by arbiez

I dont think the A380 is on the JFK to DBX(dubai) any more i believe that plane is was taken off that route and put on the dubai bangkok route if i remember right. I dont know about the armrests on the plane because with emirates the flights are always full. When i walked on my first flight with them and said aw great no where to lie down the air hostess said welcome to emirates is always busy. But im sure they would lift up as IMO emirates or Qatar are the best airlines that ive flown on

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

George Best the World Greatest.. Just ask Pele

Thanks for all the info. EVA Air looks promising.

• 2 weeks later...

I can concur with this. I didn't even realise I was on the 380 at first, and I thought I'd been upgraded when I saw my seat!! I hadn't but legroom was fantastic and Emirates is now my fave airline, even the 777 I flew on the Dubai London leg had good leg room and their IFE is 2nd to none

I'm sure that Emirates are the only air line with 3-4-3 seating in economy (777 aircraft)

That doesn't seem roomy to me.

I'm sure that Emirates are the only air line with 3-4-3 seating in economy (777 aircraft)That doesn't seem roomy to me.

Did to me!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......