IGNORED

Visa For Daughter.How

griffinz

hi all had a baby girl born 7th this month, want her to have dual passport nationality etc, how do i get her this we are in thailand dec so want to sort it then ,will be living in thailand in 4 years once wife gets her passport for the uk .

Picture 007.jpg

Congratulations mate.

My understanding is that Thailand does not allow dual citizenship, but there are some considerations available while they are children. Many people simply carry passports for both countries, while not legal, is am ok work-around. I would take a look at Thaivisa.com's forum for additional information, they are much better informed about those issues over there.

• 5 weeks later...

Congratulations on your new daughter. First off, as well as getting her Thai birth certificate, which I guess was organised at the hospital, you need to register her birth with the British Embassy in BKK. With her Thai birth certificate, you can apply for her Thai passport, With her British birth certificate, you can apply for her British passport. I'm not sure if Thailand really approves of dual nationality, but if she always leaves and enters Thailand on her Thai passport, there's no problem.

Hi if you look through the visa section you will find how to register a birth at the British Embassy and apply for a passport for her. And then simply apply for a Thai passport under the immigration rules your wife maybe entitled to gain ILE the UK if you have lived with her for 4 years or more.

I would also suggest she takes the KOL requirement when she enters the UK next.

Regards Paul

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. I believe that by International law your daughter is entitled to dual nationality. She is entitled to British nationality as you can transfer your nationality to her, the same applies to her mother in transfering her Thai nationality to her. For indepth details with regards to Thailand, read the Thai Nationality Act 1965 amended 1992 and 2008.