Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa Extension

syeard

my visa runs out on the 1st of August though I dont fly again until 6th August. Its the visa you get when you arrive at the airport for 30 days. Can I go to the immigration office in Jontiem and have this extended by 1 week and if so does anybody know the cost ?

Yes. The cost is 1,900 baht.

You need to go to the Pattaya Immigration office on Soi 5 in JOMTIEN.

Enter the office lobby thru the glass doors. As you enter you will see the 'Information' desk on your left.

Take an 'Extension' form from the info desk and fill it out. There are examples posted on the tables outside.

Next, get copies made of your passport pages at the copy center(outside)just to the left of the entrance to the Immigration office.

You will also need a (recent) passport size photo. If you need to have a new photo made then it might be a good idea to have 10 or 20 made at the same time for future use.

Once you have your form filled out, copies made, photos made, you can now go back inside the lobby and get a numbered ticket stub from the dispenser next to the Information desk.

Once you have your number, take a seat, look for your number to show up on the display and listen for it to be called. You will probably be called to desk number 3.

Greet the officer politely and hand him your paperwork and photo. (It never hurts to be on your best behavior when asking officials to do something for you). He will then review everything, and if all is well he will ask you for 1,900 baht. If you give him 2,000 baht you will receive 100 baht back along with your passport.

They will call you by name to pickup your passport (and your 100 Baht)with the extension now stamped inside.

My understanding is that you can go there anytime before your current visa expires.

In other words you needn't wait until the very last day. They stamp the extension (probably 30 day)with a date that is 30 days from the last day of your current visa, not from the day you go there to apply.

You may want to verify this, but I'm almost positive that that's the case.

Summery:

You will need;

Your Passport.

A current passport photo.

An extension form, filled out. (The photo need not be attached.)

Copies of certain passport pages. (The copy people know which pages to copy).

1,900 baht.

A numbered ticket from the ticket dispenser.

The whole procedure should take less than an hour in total.

I hope this info will help.

Cheers !

Yes. The cost is 1,900 baht.

You need to go to the Pattaya Immigration office on Soi 5 in JOMTIEN.

Enter the office lobby thru the glass doors. As you enter you will see the 'Information' desk on your left.

Take an 'Extension' form from the info desk and fill it out. There are examples posted on the tables outside.

Next, get copies made of your passport pages at the copy center(outside)just to the left of the entrance to the Immigration office.

You will also need a (recent) passport size photo. If you need to have a new photo made then it might be a good idea to have 10 or 20 made at the same time for future use.

Once you have your form filled out, copies made, photos made, you can now go back inside the lobby and get a numbered ticket stub from the dispenser next to the Information desk.

Once you have your number, take a seat, look for your number to show up on the display and listen for it to be called. You will probably be called to desk number 3.

Greet the officer politely and hand him your paperwork and photo. (It never hurts to be on your best behavior when asking officials to do something for you). He will then review everything, and if all is well he will ask you for 1,900 baht. If you give him 2,000 baht you will receive 100 baht back along with your passport.

They will call you by name to pickup your passport (and your 100 Baht)with the extension now stamped inside.

My understanding is that you can go there anytime before your current visa expires.

In other words you needn't wait until the very last day. They stamp the extension (probably 30 day)with a date that is 30 days from the last day of your current visa, not from the day you go there to apply.

You may want to verify this, but I'm almost positive that that's the case.

Summery:

You will need;

Your Passport.

A current passport photo.

An extension form, filled out. (The photo need not be attached.)

Copies of certain passport pages. (The copy people know which pages to copy).

1,900 baht.

A numbered ticket from the ticket dispenser.

The whole procedure should take less than an hour in total.

I hope this info will help.

Cheers !

Right on. I extended yesterday. I went one day earlier than my stamp expiry date and got extra days from the stamp expiry date, not the date from when I visited. From the time I took my number to getting my passport back was less than 15 minutes(yes, low season). Very efficient office

Amazing how many people overstay and then complain about having to pay, the 'overstay' line was the longest. Some guy was complaining about it, saying the office was closed on Sunday when his stamp expired. Officer told him if he came Monday morning then it would not have been a problem but he came on Tuesday so gotta pay up for the overstay

• 2 weeks later...

Right on. I extended yesterday. I went one day earlier than my stamp expiry date and got extra days from the stamp expiry date, not the date from when I visited. From the time I took my number to getting my passport back was less than 15 minutes(yes, low season). Very efficient office

Amazing how many people overstay and then complain about having to pay, the 'overstay' line was the longest. Some guy was complaining about it, saying the office was closed on Sunday when his stamp expired. Officer told him if he came Monday morning then it would not have been a problem but he came on Tuesday so gotta pay up for the overstay

Hi Mike, I'd just like to thank you for your information. I went there this morning and everthing went just as you said. In and out in 20 minutes once the paperwork was given to them. Very helpfull and efficient office.

Hi Mike, I'd just like to thank you for your information. I went there this morning and everthing went just as you said. In and out in 20 minutes once the paperwork was given to them. Very helpfull and efficient office.

You're very welcome. I'm glad I could help, and I'm glad to hear things went well for you.

LateNiteMike

Now I'm confused! Mike_asia suggests a 7day extention organised locally for 1900 baht. That was also my understanding, but then latenightmike states that you can actually get a 30 day extention for the same price. It's always been my understanding that you need to leave the country and return to get the 30 day extention - ergo visa runs to Cambodia etc... and that recently even these are now only rewarded with a 15 day extension when using land borders, and you need to fly out and back in for the full 30 days. All this is when we are discussing updating a tourist visa of course. Can we get some clarification - I do hope I havn't been eading off for a day trip to Cambodia when I could have popped down to Jomtien!! :D

Now I'm confused! Mike_asia suggests a 7day extention organised locally for 1900 baht. That was also my understanding, but then latenightmike states that you can actually get a 30 day extention for the same price. It's always been my understanding that you need to leave the country and return to get the 30 day extention - ergo visa runs to Cambodia etc... and that recently even these are now only rewarded with a 15 day extension when using land borders, and you need to fly out and back in for the full 30 days. All this is when we are discussing updating a tourist visa of course. Can we get some clarification - I do hope I havn't been eading off for a day trip to Cambodia when I could have popped down to Jomtien!! :D

Mike+Mike=Confusion :D

Firstly if you have a passport from a Western Country and show up at the airport without a visa in advance you get a 30 day stamp at the airport and then you can get 7 more days at the immigration in Jomtien for 1900 Baht. The OP is confused, he did not get a visa at the airport but entered under the Visa exemption and got 30 days at the airport. again, he did NOT have a visa if he has a UK Passport and got 30 days. If he has an Indian passport it is a different story.

If you have a 'tourist visa' which you obtained outside of Thailand at a Thai consulate you can extend for 30 days for most passports(UK, US, Aust, Euro, etc) for 1900 baht and then another 7 days for 1900 baht.

Hope I did not confuse you more

Thanks Mike-asia, no that's er.. Crystall .... I think. :D

• 2 weeks later...

my visa runs out on the 1st of August though I dont fly again until 6th August. Its the visa you get when you arrive at the airport for 30 days. Can I go to the immigration office in Jontiem and have this extended by 1 week and if so does anybody know the cost ?

Hi guys,

I know that on arrival you need to have proof of departure from Thailand be it a return plane ticket or ongoing to another country to receive a 30 day visa.

The Op stated that he was given a 30 visa on arrival even though his departure date had him as a 6 day over stayer,was this a slip up on airport immigrations part or can you get away with having a departure date after the 30 days expire?

I know this is my first post but this is one bit of information i could not search and find the answer.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I have been cominh in and ut of the counry for over 15 years and have never been asked to see a ticket exiting the country!!!

there has another visa and passport service that can really big help in availing defferent type of visas.

they offered many types of visa services for many types of visas and other services.

• Fiancee (Fiancé)

• Marriage Visa

• Tourist Extension Visa

• Overstay problem

• Children Visa

• Employment Visa or work permit visa

• Notification of staying longer than 90 days.(90 days report)

• Non “O” and Non “B”Visa in Thailand

• Registration of business corporation

• Arrange married in Thailand

• Also Divorce in Thailand

• Translation of Defferent Languages

• Prenuptial Agreement in Thailand

• Retirement visa

• Education visa

• Re-entry permit

• Visa Run to Cambodia and Laos

• Extension for 7 days, 1, 2, 3 up to 6 month no need to leave Thailand.

• Taxi and Mini bus to all destination in Thailand

• Air tickiting

• And other services

VISA2BRITAIN

try to visit there office located at soi 13-13/1.soi yamato. pattaya beach road

Hi guys,

I know that on arrival you need to have proof of departure from Thailand be it a return plane ticket or ongoing to another country to receive a 30 day visa.

The Op stated that he was given a 30 visa on arrival even though his departure date had him as a 6 day over stayer,was this a slip up on airport immigrations part or can you get away with having a departure date after the 30 days expire?

I know this is my first post but this is one bit of information i could not search and find the answer.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

In my experience the service in Jomtien is variable, particularly in the period before lunch. It does not matter how long you have been waiting, everything stops for one hour.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men