IGNORED

Help for old incapacitated Expats?

Jumbo

I have come across a sad case of an old bedridden Farang who after 18yrs in Pattaya with a GF, who has bled him dry

is in a bad way.

I have organised a cafe next door to feed him 3 times a day and someone to wash him, give him medication for high BP etc.

So he is going to be ok now.

But I wonder how many such sad cases there are in Pattaya?

And is there a group of kind peeps who will look after them?

There are charities galore for needy Thais,it seems, but what about our own?

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

I dont personally know of any you could try the Pattaya Expats club or maybe post on Thai Visa.

Al.

Doe's he have any income i.e a pension being paid every month.You could try contacting his embassy to see if he has family.

Is he suffereing some form of dementia, or what?

Other than having some sort of whipround for him, a quiet word with am immigration official would be the only recourse to any repatriation. And the answers that are given wont be THAT nice, tbh, as my guess he is a long term overstayer, whether by choice or circumstance.

Does he have any family in his homeland that you know of?

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I have come across a sad case of an old bedridden Farang who after 18yrs in Pattaya with a GF, who has bled him dry

is in a bad way.

I have organised a cafe next door to feed him 3 times a day and someone to wash him, give him medication for high BP etc.

So he is going to be ok now.

But I wonder how many such sad cases there are in Pattaya?

And is there a group of kind peeps who will look after them?

There are charities galore for needy Thais,it seems, but what about our own?

Fair play to you... It is nice to know that there is someone up there who do cares...

Took him 18 Years to learn? Some people never learn--Just allow it to happen...Most of these X-Pats go home a beaten broken man...Meeting Visa requirements etc..Most just dissapear...

I have seen X-Pats eating out of Trash cans...They lost the plot..Save yourself first...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

• 4 weeks later...

He was very sick last night spitting Blood etc. In Chonburi Hospital now. But he will make-it I hope.

I cant believe there is no charity to help old gits like him in reduced circumstances. There are plenty of charities for Thais......we should look after our own first.

"If you think you can do it, or you think you can't.....You are right!"

Henry Ford.

He was very sick last night spitting Blood etc. In Chonburi Hospital now. But he will make-it I hope.

I cant believe there is no charity to help old gits like him in reduced circumstances. There are plenty of charities for Thais......we should look after our own first.

I think that we do look after our own but they have to be here to take full advantage. I hate being cynical but as hedonist alluded to there are a lot of people in Pattaya who just don't want to go home. There was probably a time at which he could have bailed out easily and returned home but it sounds like he might have left it too long.

A person or charity helping him with food and money might be a short term fix but it won't cure the problem in the long term. I really think he should try to get back home. Pattaya the last place you want to be as a farang without any resources.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel