IGNORED

Chaweng Hotels?

forest51

Hi All, Would appreciate any info re hotels in Chaweng.

Its my 1st visit to Samui, after many to Thailand.

Interested in clean, walking dist to beach or on beach..., not too noisy, not dark musty and dingy...pool great but not essential, walk to nihtlife , shoppig etc......

For those familiar with Pattaya ..i usually stay at JP Court/Opey de Place in Soi Lengkee, or Sunview in Buhkao..so thats the type of place i m after...

Travelling with pinoy missus, but she also enjoys bars, massage etc....

Price from 800 - 1500 , will b staying 5 nights....

Been looking at many sites and done many searches but end up confused :) ...anyway thought best to ask here .....thanks heaps

http://www.chawenggarden.com/index.html

forest the link in the post , its called chewang beach garden resort,

i stayed last xmas , sounds kinda like what your after.

its located on the beach (great beach to )

short walk (1 minute)to main rd

from main rd right across the street is green mango soi

green mango has the livest bars and clubs on samui

has a great pool right next to beach (for residents only)

staff very helpfull if you have any problems(not happy with room etc)

have fun .... stay safe class

Edited by classnotgas

Thanks for the repies so far its appreciated..

Classnogas......Chaweng Gardens looks the go at this stage......1500 for standard /....

The Chaweng Buri, .... Grubert, looks nice but too expensive at 3000 per night...thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the repies so far its appreciated..

Classnogas......Chaweng Gardens looks the go at this stage......1500 for standard /....

The Chaweng Buri, .... Grubert, looks nice but too expensive at 3000 per night...thanks

ANYMORE SUGGESTIONS PLEASE ...also interested in guest houses clean, cable tv , not too noisy, close to beach and a walk to nightlife.........for under 1000???????? anyone??

• 1 month later...

Central Bay Resort , direct on the beach , no pool , rooms range between 700 bht fan , 1200 aircon , 1500 aircon direct on beach , the resort is inbetween the bannana fan on the left and paradise on the right though i have never seen it marked on a map , it isnt the ritz but its clean , cheap , on the beach and girl friendly , IM000997.JPGsamui 2008 387.jpg462.jpgsamui trip 2007 488.jpgsamui trip 2007 492.jpgsamui trip 2007 941.jpgthailand old pics 073.jpgthailand old pics 066.jpg

if it doesnt look like your place try the website sawadee.com , a place that i can recommend where my friends stay is the PR guesthouse , rooms are cleaner and newer but a little away from the beach , but also not that far , around 600-700 bht aircon sorry no pics of that place

samui trip 2007 462.jpg

Edited by gareth

"And were you pleased?" they asked Helen in Hell.

"Pleased?" answered she,when all Troy's towers fell;

And dead were Priam´s sons, and lost his throne?

And such a war was fought as none had known;

And even the Gods took part; and all because

Of me alone! Pleased?

I should say I was!"

Lord Dunsany

• 1 month later...

I don't know if it's too late, but I would highly recommend staying at Maenam Beach at the very north of the island. Lots of options and you'd be best placed to just turn up and look around at a couple until you find something. Maenam is a fantastic beach - perfect white sand, no litter and not too busy.