IGNORED

Dancewatcher's VT5 penthouse condo

hooky

On my recent trip to Pattaya I fancied staying in a condo apartment in the relative peace and quiet of Jomtien, a little way away from the madness of Pattaya central. There are many people offering such condo rentals, but one name I have heard recommended many times on the internet forums is that of Dancewatcher (Tik’s rooms).

I had a look at www.dancewatchers.com and was impressed by the range of condos on offer. One in particular took my fancy – the View Talay 5C penthouse condo. I contacted Tik with the dates I had and she came back to me with the various options available. The price was, I thought, very reasonable. Prices vary depending on length of stay and time of year, so contact Tik to get a quote.

The condo is very nicely equipped indeed. A total area of 86 m2, huge lounge, balcony you could hold a rave on, separate bedroom, fully fitted kitchen, sumptuous bathroom. There are no less than two flat screen TVs, including a huge 40” Panasonic job in the lounge, sound system, computer with flat screen monitor, fast ADSL internet connection, etc. Check out my Youtube video to get a better idea:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

One thing I particularly liked about the condo was the bedroom. The bedroom could be closed off from the lounge area by a sliding door and featured its own (near silent) air conditioner unit so you didn’t need to chill the whole condo when asleep. The bed was absolutely fantastic – I don’t think I have ever slept on such a comfortable mattress. This and the fact that there was virtually no noise at all in the condo caused me to sleep better than I have ever done in Pattaya.

The View Talay 5C condo building is a fairly typical condo – laundry, minimart and a couple of small bars and coffee shops on the ground floor. There is a swimming pool and a gym, though I didn’t get round to using either. The security guys are very friendly and helpful. If you turn up with a companion who they haven’t seen before, they will ask for an ID card, once they recognise a face she/he can come and go as they please.

The condo building is about 500 m from Thuppraya Road and about 200 m from the beach. There are a number of decent restaurants nearby – I had brunch most days in a small bakery/restaurant called the Continental. There are various 7-Elevens, Family Marts, clinics and bars nearby. Fantasy bar in the nearby Jomtien complex is a decent air-con bar that charges only 40 baht for a San Miguel Lite or a large glass of wine.

You can catch a baht bus from Thuppraya Road all the way into Pattaya (right to the end of Soi Six, should you wish) for only 10 baht. I never had to wait more than a minute. If you’re feeling exceptionally lazy (like I was on occasion) you can get one of the security guys to call for a motorbike to pick you up right from the condo door.

All things being equal, I was absolutely delighted with the condo and the service provided by Dancewatcher and Tik. I’ll be back!

Hooky

view.JPG

view2.JPG

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

thank you very much for the VID.... the place looks very good!!!!!!

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

On my recent trip to Pattaya I fancied staying in a condo apartment in the relative peace and quiet of Jomtien, a little way away from the madness of Pattaya central. There are many people offering such condo rentals, but one name I have heard recommended many times on the internet forums is that of Dancewatcher (Tik’s rooms).

I had a look at www.dancewatchers.com and was impressed by the range of condos on offer. One in particular took my fancy – the View Talay 5C penthouse condo. I contacted Tik with the dates I had and she came back to me with the various options available. The price was, I thought, very reasonable. Prices vary depending on length of stay and time of year, so contact Tik to get a quote.

The condo is very nicely equipped indeed. A total area of 86 m2, huge lounge, balcony you could hold a rave on, separate bedroom, fully fitted kitchen, sumptuous bathroom. There are no less than two flat screen TVs, including a huge 40” Panasonic job in the lounge, sound system, computer with flat screen monitor, fast ADSL internet connection, etc. Check out my Youtube video to get a better idea:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

One thing I particularly liked about the condo was the bedroom. The bedroom could be closed off from the lounge area by a sliding door and featured its own (near silent) air conditioner unit so you didn’t need to chill the whole condo when asleep. The bed was absolutely fantastic – I don’t think I have ever slept on such a comfortable mattress. This and the fact that there was virtually no noise at all in the condo caused me to sleep better than I have ever done in Pattaya.

The View Talay 5C condo building is a fairly typical condo – laundry, minimart and a couple of small bars and coffee shops on the ground floor. There is a swimming pool and a gym, though I didn’t get round to using either. The security guys are very friendly and helpful. If you turn up with a companion who they haven’t seen before, they will ask for an ID card, once they recognise a face she/he can come and go as they please.

The condo building is about 500 m from Thuppraya Road and about 200 m from the beach. There are a number of decent restaurants nearby – I had brunch most days in a small bakery/restaurant called the Continental. There are various 7-Elevens, Family Marts, clinics and bars nearby. Fantasy bar in the nearby Jomtien complex is a decent air-con bar that charges only 40 baht for a San Miguel Lite or a large glass of wine.

You can catch a baht bus from Thuppraya Road all the way into Pattaya (right to the end of Soi Six, should you wish) for only 10 baht. I never had to wait more than a minute. If you’re feeling exceptionally lazy (like I was on occasion) you can get one of the security guys to call for a motorbike to pick you up right from the condo door.

All things being equal, I was absolutely delighted with the condo and the service provided by Dancewatcher and Tik. I’ll be back!

Hooky

view.JPG

view2.JPG

Why do you go to all of that trouble to pump a promo but not even give the rent?

I have problems with rental places and realtors who advertise places and then not list the asking rent.

I didn't give the rent because it varies depending on time of year and length of stay. Just email them with your dates and they will give you a price.

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

Why do you go to all of that trouble to pump a promo but not even give the rent?

I have problems with rental places and realtors who advertise places and then not list the asking rent.

A lot of people likewise have problems with BMs who flame those that take the time to post decent reviews. Reviews like this are exactly the kind of content that make this board so valuable, so lighten up "Brad".

Hooky, thanks for the detailed review. A buddy & I have stayed at a couple of the different View Talay buildings with condos from Dancewatchers also with good results. I may check out VT5 my next trip.

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"