IGNORED

Motorbike Rental Warning

LaaMok

A friend of a friend was renting motorbikes out and had a steady earning of 50,000 baht a month, it took him a while but he got there.

Recently someone took a photo of him putting fuel in one and sent it to immigration, now he's in the shite. Just a quick warning to those that rent out bikes as an addition to there company.

Does he know who sent his photo to immigration? and what's going to happend to him? a big juice bribe to Pattayas finest or what?

I'm lovin' it!

Cant he say he was just topping it up to use the bike himself (privately)?

Yet ANOTHER effect of this downturn.........ratting on your competition

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

• 2 months later...

Hi, any news on what or how this ended up.

I guess many people could end up in the same situation very easy if you have a business down ther

why would anyone do something like that, just dirty, he must have some enemies, so try not to make any.

please excuse my ignorance but whats the problem with him putting fuel in a bike

To work in Thailand you need to have a work permit if you are going to be "hands on" rather than paying a minion to do everything.

Filling up a motorbike that you rent out is considered as working in the eyes of Thai Immigration, and, therefore needing a work permit, which i assume the friend of LaaMok..............didnt have. So someone ratted on him

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Any news, would be interesting to find out if he got away with it, and how.

Or how bad it really went....

Could it be a someone else that runs a same business that got jealous of him making money on his motorbike rental.....

I think ratting someone out is the lowest of the low and I would never condone it

however

If he was a farang working here, what did he expect. I wouldnt want illegal immigrants working in Australia, I wouldnt rat them out but I wouldnt accept it either. Bottom line is a westerner is taking food from the mouths of the Thais

Do it legal or dont do it

c'est la vie

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry