IGNORED

Where can I catch a bus to Nong Khai in Pattaya?

wester1967

1) There is a 'bus station' or empty lot on Third rd(North side) at Pattaya klang that is for Issan. There is a booking office close to there, ask the moto taxis if you don't see any buses at the time you vist. Not sure if they go 'directly' to Nong Kai but you can surely get a connection in Korat or another place. Go check it out and say you want the 'VIP' bus.

2) You can go to Mochit station in bangkok, take a bus or minibus to Mochit station. Most choices

3) Rayong bus station has buses to Nong Kai.

I would start with number 1) I think it is the easiest.

Edited by mike_asia

There are buses every day no. 407 from the bus station Nong Khai Map in Nong Khai to Rayong that stops in Sukhumvit Road Pattaya takes around 11 hrs cost around 500 Bhat

Al.

Sorry I have just read your post again I thought you were in Nong Khai. The Bus Station in Pattaya is in a Petrol Station on Sukhumvit Road go up Pattaya Klang to Sukhumvit Road turn Left 1st petrol station (not far 100 mtrs) best to get the VIP bus overnight one leaves 20.30 another 22.00 amongst others.

Edited by Al.

There are buses every day no. 407 from the bus station Nong Khai Map in Nong Khai to Rayong that stops in Sukhumvit Road Pattaya takes around 11 hrs cost around 500 Bhat

Al.

I know you are the Bus Expert :) on this board but how do you remember the bus no?

Does it stop at the bus station in Pattaya or the side of road on Sukhumvit ?

Edited by mike_asia

I know you are the Bus Expert :) on this board but how do you remember the bus no?

Does it stop at the bus station in Pattaya?

I used to live in Udon mostly I would drive myself to Pattaya or fly however I did take the bus a few times there is also the overnight sleeper train to Bangkok never used it myself but another good option.

The bus does not stop at the bus station it stops on Sukhumvit Road plenty of Bhat Buses & Motorbike Taxi's waiting.

One advantage of getting the bus all the girls coming and going to Pattaya use it :P

Al.

560 bahts to Nong Khai, but you can get more comfortable bus VIP for 900/1000 bahts.,It had bed like chair, Plenty of leg space with toilets for Farangs with service too for drink and snack... If you go on 560 bahts bus, that 12 hours travelling with no farang toilets all the way to Nong Khai...

Edited by jocky king

I used to live in Udon mostly I would drive myself to Pattaya or fly however I did take the bus a few times there is also the overnight sleeper train to Bangkok never used it myself but another good option.

The bus does not stop at the bus station it stops on Sukhumvit Road plenty of Bhat Buses & Motorbike Taxi's waiting.

One advantage of getting the bus all the girls coming and going to Pattaya use it :rolleyes:

Al.

Good information.

Is there a fare booth or something at the Petrol Station on Suk?

~Sa-teef

DSC02938.jpg

If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind. John Stuart Mill
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/john_stuart_mill

"If all mankind minus one were of one opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person

than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."  John Stuart Mill

Good information.

Is there a fare booth or something at the Petrol Station on Suk?

~Sa-teef

DSC02938.jpg

Yes it's on the left hand side and a waiting room times of the buses are on the window you want the VIP bus.

Re. Jocky Kings post I there used to be a Super VIP bus (SVIP) from Pattaya but I believe they no longer run from Pattaya although they do from Morchit in Bangkok. I only go as far as Udon Thani the cost of the VIP bus is about 480 Baht they are double deckers if you want to pay more you can sit downstairs probably only about 8-10 bigger seats (think business class) not sure how much extra at a guess 200-300 Baht more.

The bus stops in Korat (make sure you remember what bus you are on) for a break also stops Khon Kaen etc.

Best to book in advance if you want to be sure of a seat.

Al.