IGNORED

BEACHSIDE RESORTS NEAR NIGHTLIFE CENTRE IN PATTAYA

sherryduets

Can anybody suggest a beachside resort near the main nightlife centre in Pattaya.It must have a beachside opening & I'll be grateful to the forum to mention prices also.I'm visiting Pattaya in June,06

There is a beach in Pattaya????? :Raspberry6:

Really though, the beach in Pattaya is a dump. If you want to sit next to the water, then I would find a hotel with a nice pool (Sabai Resort - Ruen Thai rooms). That being said I have never been over to Jomtien. It might be nicer out that way...

Can anybody suggest a beachside resort near the main nightlife centre in Pattaya.It must have a beachside opening & I'll be grateful to the forum to mention prices also.I'm visiting Pattaya in June,06
Edited by bambu

Sounds like you'd like Koh Samui better

• 2 weeks later...

Sherryduets,

As bambu said above, the beach in Pattaya is a dump. So if it's a nice beach your looking to plant yourself on each day, then you might consider looking at Jomtien. Loads of hotels right off the beach. One that comes to mind is the Jomtien Boathouse,,,but there's plenty more on offer. You can sit all day with comfortable chairs and under umbrellas for around 140Baht. Drinks and food are brought to you,,,,so you don't even have to go back to the hotel.

Jomtien is just down the road from Pattaya and the Baht Buses do make regular runs there and back. So it's not a problem getting to Pattaya. You'll also discover that Jomtien has a great little nightlife of its own in the Jomtien Complex, as well as up several of the smaller Soi's that run up from the beach.

CM

I might be ancient, but my dick still rises in the east.......the Far East that is!!!!

Have you looked at Rabbit Resort, based in Jomtien. Looks pretty good but as others have said if you want a resort type place the islands are alot better.

Like the other guys say the beach is a dump.

It also attracts a lot of the rougher looking freelancers and ladyboys as well as more underisable people.

During the day people selling you tat swarm over the beech like flies and won't leave you alone, late at night it can be a scary place.

Jontien is a better choice for a more tourist oriented beech, but even then its not great.

There are island you can vist during the day and stay overnight on which are better, but pattya really isn't a beutifull beachside resort.

• 2 weeks later...

Hard Rock is probably the best hotel on beach road, not cheap but if you are not budget concious then do a google search and should get their prices. try using a hotel wholesaler as they will give you a much better rate. as they say, the beach is not the best, but if you dont care, try this place!

If your not Interseted in bringing a girl back every night the "Dusit" has some fantastic deals from time to time,and it backs onto the beach.

It is about 15 minutes by baht bus to Walking Street, In case you havent been to Pattaya it is 15 minutes to WS but only 2 minutes to Soi 2 &3which has hundreds of BGS, Soi 6 is only another 2 minutes up the road then another 2-3minutes to soi's 7-8.

Where ever you stay you are never going to be far from the action, unless you consider the action starts and stops in Walking Street

• 2 months later...

Dear all,

Pls adv how to enjoy in Pattaya,without the AIDS RISK.

During the day people selling you tat swarm over the beech like flies and won't leave you alone,

I really think that this is a misrepresentation. Sure there are sales people that come along in ones or twos but I have never been harrassed. I just shake my head and they move on. Even when the ice cream sales people approach the children they just do the same thing; with the same result.I just love the smell of BBQ Plamuek and prawns..

I always spend my first few days in Patts under the umbrellas reading, eating, drinking and sleeping...