IGNORED

dentists

yummy

just like to know who has used the dentists in pattaya and what they are like and if you reccommend any for good dential treatment,if possible what you had done and prices please cheers :GoldenSmile1:

marching on together super leeds

Well, there are alot of topics going regarding dentists so do a search and you will find more than enough information. But in short - there are many good dentists here and the prices are great both for exam, drilling/filling and teeth whitening and whatever you are after. As an example i paid i think it was 3200 Baht for an exam and fixing of 7 holes a few days ago at the "dentist @ beach" clinic on 4th floor Central Festival shopping mall. They are very proffesional and it feels safe and gives good results.

Dentists like mechanics are all over Pattaya. Both are very good at fixing things and pimpin up the looks of vehicles and teeth alike! However, both dont't tend to get to the root (forgive the pun) of problems and if you have serious medical-dental problems its best to go to the two up market hospitals in Pattaya.

My friend who`s travelling with me for his first time wants his teeth lasered as he`s a heavy smoker

whats the cost and any recommendations where to have done??

also i`ve heard it hurts alot when its done anyone had it done??

i won`t mention the pain bit to him as he won`t have it done other wise !!

i got to look at his manky molars so its in interest he has it done aswell :D

i got to look at his manky molars so its in my interest he has it done aswell !!!!

missed a word out above :D

i will recommend to him price is`nt an issue over there as lots cheaper than UK but quality of treratments is

thanks

i use the one on soi3.pdc i think it is called,you can do a search as they have website.

I believe that there are obvious cost advantages to using dentists based in Thailand. however a cautionary tale might be in order to keep things in perspective. i once paid to have my teeth professionally cleaned at a dentists in Bangkok. as he was cleaning them he informed me that I needed 11 fillings which he would be willing to do for me at a bargain price. I was nearly tempted but didn't follow up on his offer. A few years later I needed treatment for a cracked tooth here in the UK. I inquired about getting my fillings done and the dentist told me that I only needed 1 and that it was not particularly urgent!

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

I been getting all my dental work done in patts for years. I use "Pattaya Smile Dental Clinic "South Road.

Great surgery modern and well run oh and did I say Cheap. Never had a problem with anything they have done.

I believe that there are obvious cost advantages to using dentists based in Thailand. however a cautionary tale might be in order to keep things in perspective. i once paid to have my teeth professionally cleaned at a dentists in Bangkok. as he was cleaning them he informed me that I needed 11 fillings which he would be willing to do for me at a bargain price. I was nearly tempted but didn't follow up on his offer. A few years later I needed treatment for a cracked tooth here in the UK. I inquired about getting my fillings done and the dentist told me that I only needed 1 and that it was not particularly urgent!

I suggest to always get at least two quotes on proposed dental treatments. Regarding fillings, I'd suggest to only get quotes after your teeth have been professionally cleaned, otherwise it's difficult to get accurate quotes. But as you mention some dentists may still try to upsell anyway (such as during cleaning in the above example). Buyer beware. Note someone using e.g. in-mouth camera technology on dirty teeth to quote for fillings is just fishing for $$$ IMO.

Your friend may prefer home whitening treatment as its painless but takes longer. See the other thread.

If he's insistent on laser whitening, apparently Zoom is the the least painful laser system (compared to cold light and other methods/ brands).

Chilled, neither shaken or stirred.

I have been to several dentists in Pattaya' including bph. The best I have found after much research is B.K. dental.

Located on Soi Buakhoa, across from LK Metro. He does excellent work. He did an 8 crown bridge, using a tooth

with an old pin and root canal. This year there was underlying decay, he fixed it free and added 3 more crowns, that he only charged 200 us for. And I got to come back for an extra trip, Dr.s orders. Two long time e-xpats reffered me to him.

I'm always a little bit leery about all these "dental centres" and dental "worlds" there are around Pattaya. Theres just too many of them for then ALL to be any good, so i wonder what the qualifications are these days to open one up. Its not as if they say "dentist", is it?

I mean do they actually HAVE qualified dentists in them? Just because they wear white coats, and masks dont mean they know what the fuck they are doing, does it? In a land where everything can be copied, i wonder what value is their "diplomas"

Just like all the places where you can get spectacles made. Are there any PROPER opticians in there, or are they just trained to read the results of the machines they use?

I only got one set of teeth and one pair of eyes. I dont want them fucked up by some amateur that passes himself off as qualified. I would go the the dental dept of the hospital when the time comes that i need work doing on my teeth.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I'm always a little bit leery about all these "dental centres" and dental "worlds" there are around Pattaya. Theres just too many of them for then ALL to be any good, so i wonder what the qualifications are these days to open one up. Its not as if they say "dentist", is it?

I mean do they actually HAVE qualified dentists in them? Just because they wear white coats, and masks dont mean they know what the fuck they are doing, does it? In a land where everything can be copied, i wonder what value is their "diplomas"...

...I would go the the dental dept of the hospital when the time comes that i need work doing on my teeth.

Hedonist

It's a fair question - qualifications can be easily falsified. All dentists in Thailand require a DDS or DDM or equivalent; at least 6 years training but how does one know if the paper on the wall is legit? I'd agree to get a quote from someone recommended by someone you know & trust AND a hospital's dental department.

But I wouldn't simply trust the hospital alone; they're known for upselling too. Always get at least a couple of quotes and tell the dentist you're doing so - I've found it the best strategy to get honest and accurate info.

Note, none of the dental assistants IME in Phuket are qualified; in Bangkok they usually are. Also dental labs rarely exist outside of BKK too. Don't know about Patts in detail but assume it's more like HKT than BKK. Cheers, Pete.

Chilled, neither shaken or stirred.