Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What happens if I just rock up?

Temujin

Out of all the hotels I have seen I am most taken by Baywalk Residence.

I will be arriving in Mid October and given that this is close to the end of the low season, what are my chances of getting a good deal from a 'walk in'?

Or any of the hotels for that matter?

Edited by Temujin

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

You may not get any deal without something to haggle with. Find a cheap deal somewhere for a stay at their hotel and ask if they can better it.

You may just be better off booking at Late Stays if it's on that site. (just checked, they are)

msg-16802-1244750478.jpg

How to resize your Photo's

I live my life like I type. Fast and with a lot of mistakes. ©

Shoot me an Email

Thanks mate. Very helpful. :Oops3:

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

i have usually had very lil sucess at getting good rates if i walk up to a hotel with my bags, however in case u do get a room to stay sumwhere around for a nite, walk up , show some interest and haggle like hell, well im sure the hotel can break a good deal

Bear in mind though that, even with things quiet, the hotels that people recommend on here and at other fora tend to be more fully booked due to those recommendations , so they offer no, or very lilttle in the way of deals

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

And also the receptionists at the best rated hotels don't have the authority to offer any discounts.. so have to be lucky and hope the manager is about.

My advice is to book a cheap room for your first night, then depending on when you arrive in Patts you can immediately put your bags/luggage and valuables in a safe secure place.

Now you can freely walk around to different hotels and bargain to get a good hotel/room at a good rate.

IF you just turn up without.... "ANY" .....room or hotel confirmed, you have bags to carry around, baht bus drivers to haggle with, it may be raining, hot and humid and uncomfortable to

search for this good rate and good room. They already know that you have no room and all your luggage is with, you so trying to play hard ball and get a good rate is much harder.

When they know that you already have a hotel and you are just looking to get a better deal or better accomodation, the negotiation process is somewhat easier.

As a previous poster stated, at most hotels the clerks and desk ladies do not have the authority or power to give you any discounts or great room rates,

so you will have to wait to speak to the manager........ when ever he or she turns up.

Good Luck.