IGNORED

Are Thais Racist?

money number 1

Compare with Cubans, Brasilians, Colombians, even Spanish and Filipinos. They have a racist aptitude. Even in the way they look at you. Compare with Koreans. they are like Nelson Madela. But compere with most of you. Central Europeans and British. They are so so.

I never thought about racism in Thailand until my Thai language skills got pretty good. If you understand a bit of Thai just listen sometimes in Bangkok or Pattaya when a farang is doing something stupid near you and in a crowd....now when I go to "my village" up Korat way I have yet to hear any bad mouthing about farangs....of course I am the only farang in the village EVER....and of course I do not understand Esan. samuijim

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica

Of course they're racist. Just read the Employment ads in the paper. They're also sexist and ageist. Honestly, though, racism/sexism/ageism is everywhere. It's just more blatant in some countries (like Thailand) as there's less of a perceived need to be "politically correct".

How can you tell if your wife is dead?

The sex is the same, but the dishes pile up.

Of course they're racist. Just read the Employment ads in the paper.

Good point!

First when I felt the same when I read the remarks in ads such as 'Thai National only".

But after a while I figured out the real meaning, which is often hidden behind this remark.

- cheap workforce, far lower salary than a Farang (in most cases)

- no extra expenses for visa, work permit, extensions, etc.

- fluent in Thai language, spoken and written

- no cultural conflicts or misunderstandings, no inconvenient questions asked

- loyal to the superior

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

I say yes - very yes AND don't forget class concious.

S C