IGNORED

Qatar Airways London-Bkk.Any good?

siamsam

Just wondered if anyone has taken a flight with Qatar Airways recently?Prices are very competetive and transfers in Doha fast,well,according to their timetable.They are only one of 5 Airlines in the world with a 5 Star rating so i thought i might give them a try.Usually fly direct with Thai but am tempted by Qatars prices i must admit.

I have flown with them, found it a very nice flight with good entertainment and good food. Just the stopover at Doha I didn't like, so much for being 40 minutes! was about 3 hours, but other than that, a very nice flight.

Have flown with them 4 times now but always from Manchester never had any problems at Doha hopefully will be using them again in the next two weeks.

Have flown with them 4 times now but always from Manchester never had any problems at Doha hopefully will be using them again in the next two weeks.

Thanks for the info lads, did you check your luggage right through to Bangkok from UK? No need for a transit visa is there?

All fine from UK, also they have a 30KG limit which is higher than most if not all!

Also, just thought I would let you know, get up to 25 posts and you can get access more area's here as a trusted member!

Welcome to the forum!

:Mom1:

Ive flown to thailand several times using various airlines and i found Qatar Airways to be streets ahead!!! The inflight meal, the cabin crew, the stop over in Doha and the seating on the plane, i found to be excellent!!!

Best economy seating of any airline I reckon. Audio & video on demand. Go upstairs at Doha airport you can usually find a quiet corner.

Edited by gogo dog

I FLY WIT THEM DUBLIN TO BAHRAIN 3HR STOPOVER SO I GET TANKED UP SINK A SLEEPING TAB AND WAKE UP IN BKK HAPPY DAYS R WHAT.

yes my brother and me got our second flight with this company on 24 12 06 yes xmas eve our first flight was no problem however the one on xmas eve was a nightmare

we arrived at doha dont remember the time but our connecting flight was roughly in 3 hours so we decided to go for the smoking room after chatting and smoking numerous ciggarettes whilst waiting for the connecting flight roughly 2 hours later decide to go board the flight only to be told that we had missed it and there was no way we would be getting on the plane and our luggage is being offloaded when we asked why you havnt called out our names the reply was we have been maybe they dont have speakers in the smoking room i dont know

anyway we were told that there was no way we are going to fly untill tomorow night xmas day hence having to stay in doha a dry state for the period and having to pay for a hotel

anyway we got to pattaya xmas night and did enjoy the drinking even though we didnt have a dinner but who cares now were in heaven

so be carefull my friend if you visit the smoking room at doha either they have no speakers for announcments or wot i dont know but it would have ruined our holiday having been going anywhere else in the world other than pattaya

paul

พอล

babydollsaddict.gif

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/38.jpg&text=the%20party%20starts&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=11&day=21&hour=15&minute=30&second=27&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

• 2 years later...

better book fast bud, ive been looking for next week and there very limited and getting dearer.

im lookin at a 10 hour wait at doha gutted. thats with qatar. used etihad last year and found them really nice although my case did get trashed but which airline dosnt do that tbh.

better book fast bud, ive been looking for next week and there very limited and getting dearer.

im lookin at a 10 hour wait at doha gutted. thats with qatar. used etihad last year and found them really nice although my case did get trashed but which airline dosnt do that tbh.

Have you looked at the date of the post you are replying to was made?

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

yes my brother and me got our second flight with this company on 24 12 06 yes xmas eve our first flight was no problem however the one on xmas eve was a nightmare

we arrived at doha dont remember the time but our connecting flight was roughly in 3 hours so we decided to go for the smoking room after chatting and smoking numerous ciggarettes whilst waiting for the connecting flight roughly 2 hours later decide to go board the flight only to be told that we had missed it and there was no way we would be getting on the plane and our luggage is being offloaded when we asked why you havnt called out our names the reply was we have been maybe they dont have speakers in the smoking room i dont know

anyway we were told that there was no way we are going to fly untill tomorow night xmas day hence having to stay in doha a dry state for the period and having to pay for a hotel

anyway we got to pattaya xmas night and did enjoy the drinking even though we didnt have a dinner but who cares now were in heaven

so be carefull my friend if you visit the smoking room at doha either they have no speakers for announcments or wot i dont know but it would have ruined our holiday having been going anywhere else in the world other than pattaya

paul

Paul-some sort of watch might be in order here along with checking flight times.

Quite frankly you were lucky they took you FOC the next day as invariably you weren't entitled to it.