IGNORED

Phuket Day Time Fun?

LMNOP

Staying in Patong for 5 days, last time just really did the Bangla Road thing and spent time in bed sleeping/hungover

Have had a google of things to do but just really open to suggestion for day time things to do

Planning to go ride Elephants in Phuket and maybe d some Island hopping.

What do you all suggest?

The sea canoeing doesn't sound great but if the weather is good then this is a must, as is a boat tour of the islands. The water is fantastic and is a great way to see some other parts surrounding Phuket.

The only downside is the water can take a bit out of you so maybe just a massage (happy ending) to finish the night when you get back as a big night may not be the way to go... as they say 'up to you.'

a trip to phi phi is a good idea :P

later GD

the general and his knights swept through the holy land towards certain victory.........

• 2 weeks later...

Marquis

Just spent 2 weeks in Patong. I enjoyed doing very little! Stayed at the Amari first then at the Bursari (sp?). Can recommend both hotels as clean, neat and comfortable. My routine was exercise, beach, pool and troll. Next time I will explore adjacent beaches and include Pattaya in my trip.

The open air market across from the new Marriott can rock on some nights. It was slow on several nights though. The shows along Bangla were inconsistent. Sometimes they totally nude and most times bikini - turn off!!

I chose to take a Thai campanion I met on the net so I was only in the market to look and flirt with the bar and go-go girls. My friend was remarkably ok with that. Given the choice, I'd rotate companions on about a 5 day cycle.

Have a great trip!!

Pl

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Marquis

Just spent 2 weeks in Patong. I enjoyed doing very little! Stayed at the Amari first then at the Bursari (sp?). Can recommend both hotels as clean, neat and comfortable. My routine was exercise, beach, pool and troll. Next time I will explore adjacent beaches and include Pattaya in my trip.

The open air market across from the new Marriott can rock on some nights. It was slow on several nights though. The shows along Bangla were inconsistent. Sometimes they totally nude and most times bikini - turn off!!

I chose to take a Thai campanion I met on the net so I was only in the market to look and flirt with the bar and go-go girls. My friend was remarkably ok with that. Given the choice, I'd rotate companions on about a 5 day cycle.

Have a great trip!!

Pl

did you combine Phuket with Pattaya on a trip yet. I kind of like the same daily routine as you. I'd like to know what you mean when you say the market rocked on some nights. Is there entertainment or do you mean lots of eye candy and people watching?

• 1 month later...

Marquis

Have a great trip!!

Pl

Mr. pleasureII, you mentioned; My routine was exercise. Was there a gym you went to? Anyone recommend one? Cheers

I can vouch for the Phi Phi island thing, but make sure you grab a girl to go with you. I would have liked to go to the James Bond island, but the Phi Phi island trip was enough sight seeing and it was back to the nightlife for me!

I got a driver 2 days in a row. He took me to all the places I wanted to go zoo, gun range, elephant trek, up/down the coast to different beaches and a snake show.

Went elephant trekking on a previous trek which was ok. Also went go karting which was a laugh! Hopefully do it this coming trip. Wouldn't mind going to the shooting range even though it is pricey.

imo, the shooting range is not worth it. It's only some .22 handgun/rifle, shotgun, .45 and .38 handgun and something else I can't remember.

I also 100% vouch for going to Phi Phi island.

It's a change to Patong and good to get out of the area for a while.

You really do need to BYO Girl to Phi Phi though..I stayed at The Viking Resort...basically it's treehouses...it's an amazing place to stay.

Just wish I had brought a girl with me. The bars on the beach have a fantastic atmosphere the the fire dancing etc.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

• 4 months later...

I still haven't visited a Thai temple as yet, are there any particular ones that anyone can recommend, or a big Buddha or something on Phuket?