IGNORED

Are hotels near NANA also good for sightseeing during daytime?

thaifel

Hi !

I changed my plans not to go directly to Pattaya, but to stay 2-3 nights prior in Bangkok.

Beside checking out the "nasty" :MonkeyFight: areas (Nana, Soi Cowboy etc.) at night, I would also like to do some typical tourist sightseeing in BKK during the days.

So basically my question is , if you think it makes sense to get a "close to NANA"-hotel (ie. Dawin) and take the subway/taxi for the

daytime trips or the other way round?

I've never been to BKK and would like to visit as much as possible during my time there.

How cheap is it from Nana-Area to ie. Patpong or some famous sightseeing places? What is preffered way to get there (taxi?)?

Comments highly appreciated!

best regards,

thaifel

Hi !

I changed my plans not to go directly to Pattaya, but to stay 2-3 nights prior in Bangkok.

Beside checking out the "nasty" :GoldenSmile1: areas (Nana, Soi Cowboy etc.) at night, I would also like to do some typical tourist sightseeing in BKK during the days.

So basically my question is , if you think it makes sense to get a "close to NANA"-hotel (ie. Dawin) and take the subway/taxi for the

daytime trips or the other way round?

I've never been to BKK and would like to visit as much as possible during my time there.

How cheap is it from Nana-Area to ie. Patpong or some famous sightseeing places? What is preffered way to get there (taxi?)?

Comments highly appreciated!

book into nana hotel and you can ask the hotel to recommend a guide

or can more than likely get one of the girl that sometimes sit outside trying to pull

or even ask some of the girls at the nana disco if they would be intrested

im sure you will find someone and cheapish as well

and you can even get to a lot of the tourist areas from there as the skytrain is down a street from there

so quite easy really

plus plenty of girls around that area

and not far to crawl from most of the decent bars/ go gos

you can also book nana hotel online and get a cheaper rate

have fun :GrinNod1:

book into nana hotel and you can ask the hotel to recommend a guide

or can more than likely get one of the girl that sometimes sit outside trying to pull

or even ask some of the girls at the nana disco if they would be intrested

im sure you will find someone and cheapish as well

and you can even get to a lot of the tourist areas from there as the skytrain is down a street from there

so quite easy really

plus plenty of girls around that area

and not far to crawl from most of the decent bars/ go gos

you can also book nana hotel online and get a cheaper rate

have fun :GoldenSmile1:

if getting a taxi always remember to ask for price and then try and haggle if you dont

you will pay more than you should as they charge falangs more than they would a thai

how far is it from NANA to Patpong area? Is it easy+safe to get from any BKK area back to the hotel at night?

best regards,

thaifel

• 1 month later...

From Nana to Patong by "meter-taxi", it's about 10-15mins drive. Will cost around 70b.

There are taxis everywhere in BKK especially around the tourist areas so there is

really no need to arrange a tour. Take a taxi from Nana to ie. Grand Palace. From

there you can walk 5 mins to the river and take a boat-trip and see Wat Arun and other temples.

From there take a taxi to the next destination. If you're on a tight budget

you may want him to ativate the meter, otherwise 100b will get almost around

everywhere in BKK.

This way you will have more freedom than if you arrange a tour with other people

or use one taxi for the whole sightseeing.

• 4 weeks later...

I always stay around Nana and get to see a lot of the city via sky train and the odd motorbike taxi

Also youre not to far from the canal (Klongs)..just past grace hotel i think, these take you up to near the grand Palace and personally I think is a nice way to travel with the locals, and its cheap...just keep your mouth covered if it gets choppy!

Hi

I can't see past The Nana hotel & I would try & stay there again if & when I return to Bangkok.

I stayed there November 2007 & just walked everyhere. It was fully-booked at the time & I did witness at Reception staff turning away several people of all ages looking for rooms. I booked direct with the hotel well in advance.

No problems at all at Nana, & the breajkfast buffet is beyond fab.

The Nana Entertainment Plaza (NEP) is directly opposite & is much better at night when lit up, than it looks during the day.

The "action" in & around the Nana hotel carpark after 2am, when NEP closes, has to be experienced.

Good luck & stay safe

Tone

Edited by supertony

Try the majestic suites ,just around the corner from nana.If you ask me nana hotel has seen better days and not as clean as it used to be,just my opion and my mate who stayed there on several occasions .Vowed not to go there again

Hello all...If you want to stay in the Nana area I suggest you start walking on soi 4 toward Nana from Sukhumvit. Get on the same side of the street as Nana Plaza is on and keep walking past Nana Plaza for about 7-10 minutes or so until you see a really tall hotel/condo called Omni Tower. Many people who find the Omni always stay again...just something about that place. TOTALLY girl friendly and total family friendly with a excellent pool and fitness center. The Omni looks just like a hotel (which it is) but it's also a condo with plenty of long time stay folks who add to the mix. A very enjoyable place to stay for a night or a month.

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica