IGNORED

Jomtien Too Far?

Azathoth

Is Jomtien Beach too far from the action? Am I going to get ate up with transportation fees/hassle? I'm looking at the Nirvana right now, maybe residence garden.

Don't know about Nirvana but i've stayed at Residence Garden and it's very nice and not far out of the way. I would recommend that to anyone. It's maybe 5 minute baht bus to Walking St. No further than Soi 8 to Walking st.

msg-16802-1244750478.jpg

How to resize your Photo's

I live my life like I type. Fast and with a lot of mistakes. ©

Shoot me an Email

Don't know about Nirvana but i've stayed at Residence Garden and it's very nice and not far out of the way. I would recommend that to anyone. It's maybe 5 minute baht bus to Walking St. No further than Soi 8 to Walking st.

not Jomtien

Edited by mike_asia

Is Jomtien Beach too far from the action? Am I going to get ate up with transportation fees/hassle? I'm looking at the Nirvana right now, maybe residence garden.

The baht buses run 24/7 for 10B to/from Pattaya and Jomtien. So, no I don't think you will run into transportation fees and hassle. The baht buses line up at the intersection of S. Pattaya and 2nd road in front of the school yard and leave very often. To get to Pattaya from Jomtien I see baht buses passing bt usually every minute.

The baht buses run 24/7 for 10B to/from Pattaya and Jomtien. So, no I don't think you will run into transportation fees and hassle. The baht buses line up at the intersection of S. Pattaya and 2nd road in front of the school yard and leave very often. To get to Pattaya from Jomtien I see baht buses passing bt usually every minute.

Last trip I stayed a while in View Talay 2A before moving to View Talay 6. My experiece was the same as BangkapiBoy, and I didn't have any problems even at 3am.

The only hassle was catching a bus back to Jomtien because they wait until the busses are packed to overflowing (guys hanging of the back) before going. But kinda fun if you happen to be sandwiched between a couple cute TGs. :P

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Many people choose to stay in Jomtien as iots close enough but also far enough away. However if you are "hard party" type its probably too far.

Residence Garden is in Pattaya not Jomtien and although not "in the thick" is only a short hop from Walking Street. Many BMs stay there.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I lived at Nirvana for 8 months. The soi can get really noisy late at night with young Thai guys on motorcycles using it as a shortcut to get to the beach road. Also there is or was a Thai karoke acorss the street with a lot of Thai guys getting drunk and yelling quite a bit from 4-8 AM. With such a wide choice of hotels in Pattaya at great prices, why go to Jomtien. BTW, had to stay out of my condo for 2 nites due to construction and stayed at the Nova Platinum hotel. Decent rooms, great pool, great price, and within stumbling distance of Walking Street. www.armari.com

AFTERDARK MAGAZINE

ONLY THE HOTTEST GIRLS!

Volume 15 available April 2nd

2010 AFTERDARK CALENDAR

Available NOW

I am staying at the Residence Garden in August and stayed there last May 08. No problem with getting to the action, baht busses go either direction constantly. Very nice rooms (they are actually suites with a separate kitchen/living room and bedroom) for a good price of about $50 a night. 24/7 mini-mart across the street.

The only drawback to me was that the beds were a little hard for my taste, but I adapted (drank more). :Drunk_Party:

I hate board signatures, but love irony.

One former BM, Gabor, used to get bar girls to stay long time for the cost of short time because he lived in Jomtien.

He would bar fine them and agree on short time. However many of the girls did not fancy a late night trip back to Pattaya and so would opt to sleep over night at his condo in Jomtien.

One former BM, Gabor, used to get bar girls to stay long time for the cost of short time because he lived in Jomtien.

He would bar fine them and agree on short time. However many of the girls did not fancy a late night trip back to Pattaya and so would opt to sleep over night at his condo in Jomtien.

Sounds like a winner idea!

ElCubanito's Diary Volume 1Trip Report Archives PART 1 - 22.NEW NUMBER! Coming soon! Pattaya May 25 - December 2010. 6 months Biatch!!! Lb hunting, Foursomes, MMF, Soi 6 Crawls.....lets do it!

I stayed at Viewpoint Villa back in December. By car, it took me around 15 minutes to get to the action...d

The atmosphere in Jomtien is nice...it was quiet and very peaceful!!!!

If you are looking to get to the action very quick..I recommend staying somewhere on 2nd or Beach Rd.

ST$ME- Did you stay in the Boutique or the Couture wing?

Where do the baht buses pick up and drop off for 10 baht?

I'm looking for a little nicer beach and maybe a nice view. That huge tub looks like fun, that's why I'm looking at Nirvana.

how long does the baht bus take for the journey ?

10 minutes from WS in the low season, up to 20 in the high season but also depends on the time of week and day

10 minutes from WS in the low season, up to 20 in the high season but also depends on the time of week and day

thnaks for that sounds very resonable and doable .

I was gonna stay in Jomtien because of the nicer beach but my tg told me Jomtien is where all the gays hang out so I gave it a miss.. don't know if she was joking or not but she looked serious.

There is a Gay area in Jomtien as there is in Pattaya but not all of it by any means it all depends where you are I live in Jomtien and I am not Gay.........................but my boyfriend is :Laugh1:

Al

I think that if you were going to stay 1 week or less, it may not cause you to much hardship,

however if you stay longer, I feel the commute back and forth to Pattaya will wear you down.

Waiting on baht buses, waiting until they get a full load of passengers, leaving WS late at night

and traveling back to Jomtein in and of itself presents a hardship. Your personal security will be diminished

as there are not as many people out and about on the journey to Jomtein at late night.

To my knowledge there are no malls like Big C or The Avenue or Royal garden in Jomtein so you will have

to be coming to Pattaya 2 or 3 times daily. If you are a beach person ans do not party hard, maybe

Jomtein will suit your taste.... quite & laid back.

You can find a hotel that is quite in Pattaya or any other hotel easier than staying in Jomtein and adding transportation issues to your holiday.

Just my two cents worth.

If you're a noob, I'd recommend staying in Pattaya rather than Jomtien. The trip (albeit short) is a pain, IMHO. Its not far, but I like to go back to the hotel with a ST or just for a nap in the afternoons sometimes, and the extra distance seems a hassle to me. If you have a motorbike, then not a problem - then again, I tend to get really, really drunk in Patts and I am pretty fond of all my limbs and internal organs, so I tend to just stick with the baht bus.

Check out Jomtien on your first trip - see if you like it, see if the ride to and fro a couple times a day would bother you or not, then decide. If I were you, I'd stick to a hotel in Pattaya near to a major baht bus route and not worry about the transport issue. Either way though, its really not that big of a deal, you'll still have a good time.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

walk from Residence garden to walking st is 12 mins timed by yours truly. that was a slow mosey not a speedwalk.

jomtien is far further away though.

i wouldnt walk it. easy to get bahtbus though outside of school on second rd (1 min walk from walking st entrance).

Aza: Residence Garden is good. 2 big pools and large rooms. The road in front was being worked on my last visit and it was a mess. I assume that's done with. It comes down to this, if you like the beach a lot and you don't want to contract bubonic plague, I would stay in Jomtien, and put up with the mild inconveniences. There's bars and girls there too. You can get a nice big apt. for 1200/nite or so. If you're going to hang by the pool, book the RG or something at the quiet N. end of PTY. wj

I'm not a cherry, but wouldn't call myself a veteran either. I was kind of looking for something with a nice beach and a nice beach view. The thing that caught my attention about Nirvana was that giant looking tub, looked like fun. I'm also planning 1-2 days diving. The boat picks up in Pattaya right on the beach at Soi 11. I'm thinking I'll stay more that way again. Thanks for all the help.

I Stayed in Jomtien many times but i always get a motobike so transportation is newer any problem

more nice and layd back than pattaya and cheaper rooms if you look around litelbit

my 2 cents

Ac :Whistle:

Coming down agust 11 :Whistle:

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/32.jpg&text=Days%20until%20some%20hard%20riding%20in%20Pattaya%20agen&untilColor=16776960&textColor=65280&datesColor=65433&year=2009&month=7&day=10&hour=14&minute=0&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>