IGNORED

Are Internet or Walkin Rates Cheaper?

remedy

if you walk in the day before you want to stay and enquire about rates you will probably be offered a good deal as good as or better than the internet, if you walk in with luggage and try to check in you will probably be charged higher. the internet rate is usually pretty competitive though esp nearer high season.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Walk in rates are always cheaper if you are willing to walk out again and ask at the next hotel

My method.

Walk in, ask "How much"

They will say Blah.

I ask for a large discount on "Blah"

They sat no

I then ask how much discount they will give me,

They normally offer about 20%.

I pretend to think about it, and then ask for 30%.

They agree, or I start to walk out.

They often call me back and give me a 30% discount.

I then check in, go to my room, unpack, then I return to reception and start to negotiate on what it will cost for the week.

I have had to walk out of 2 hotel max per trip.

On the first morning, assume that you get a free breakfast, they will try to charge, but I always win this one as well

Walk in rates are always cheaper if you are willing to walk out again and ask at the next hotel

My method.

Walk in, ask "How much"

They will say Blah.

I ask for a large discount on "Blah"

They sat no

I then ask how much discount they will give me,

They normally offer about 20%.

I pretend to think about it, and then ask for 30%.

They agree, or I start to walk out.

They often call me back and give me a 30% discount.

I then check in, go to my room, unpack, then I return to reception and start to negotiate on what it will cost for the week.

I have had to walk out of 2 hotel max per trip.

On the first morning, assume that you get a free breakfast, they will try to charge, but I always win this one as well

This is not entirely correct as it depends mainly on the category of the "hotel".

Your strategy might work in a guesthouse but definitely not in a 4 or 5* hotel.

In higher rated hotels they will quote you upon walk-in the so called rack- or published rates, which are the far highest on the market.

In case that the front office staff is authorized, they might give you a 20 – 30% discount on these rates and this only during low occupancy periods. But you will still pay more than through any other agent.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

This is not entirely correct as it depends mainly on the category of the "hotel".

Your strategy might work in a guesthouse but definitely not in a 4 or 5* hotel.

Agree , if your dealing with the owner of a guesthouse that method might work , but if its a decent hotel the manager or shift manager will only have certain discount authority.

I have posted this a few times before on here

Booked Sabai Lodge through Asia Rooms , on Sabai's website room was 1200 , Asia Rooms were 950 including breakfast, booked for a week online , after the week wanted to extend our stay and the best the manger could offer was 1000 excluding breakfast, even when i told her i can go online whilst she watched and book for 950 with breakfast she said sorry that the best i can do.

I also stayed at Areca and booked through the addicts link 950 per night , I think the standard rate was 1200-1300 , i doubt the shift manger at Areca could give a 35% discount on the spot.

I think Pattaya Bay resort has that 999 internet only deal, which is about 300 a night cheaper than walk up

When you think about it the massive accommodation sites wouldn't be happy if they were buying rooms in 200 lot blocks yet anyone could walk in and get a better rate

IMO its not worth the hassle of walking out of hotels to save $4-$5 a night , your on holidays, if you want to do a walk in to check the rooms for yourself but i dont think their is any huge financial befeit to it .