IGNORED

Windows vista

Guest Qwert06

Guest Qwert06

Anyone else on it?

I hated it when i first got it but now io know how to use it, well have a rough idea realy LOL it's brilliant esp the Media centre

My lap top has not froze once, it's quick as fuck too and i believe the security microsoft intalled in it is a million times better than the old windows.

Anyone else got any views?

Just got new lap top with vista on it like you said not had no problems and seems quicker as well..

im on it but am finding loads of software conflicts with the programs i use, one massive one is msn messengerlive - my webcam has picture but no sound! how irritating and no matter how hard i search -- no forum / support site (even msn) knows how to correct it!

love the aero graphics and the user account control and defender, lots better than xp in that respect, it is flashy looking and i like it a lot.

only thing i would say is hold off it just yet until more companies get their driver incompatability sorted out.

i bought a new lappy and had no choice but to run vista, other than install xp on my partition, which seemed pointless at the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on it but had to wait until vendors release updated applications that work with Vista.

Some was a must have for me.... Cisco VPN, PGP, Mobile Phone Sync software, etc... I'm pretty much up and running now though. FYI SP1 for Vista is due out in Oct'07

I would say I'm about 95% stable... Still run into some technical issues from time to time but not anything that would make me jump back to XP.

KhunIT

VistaDesktop.jpg

• 3 months later...

I run multiple machines with each a different OS XP, Vista and Linux. All have good and bad points. The biggest problems I have had with Vista is lack of driver support for some hardware and programs that will not run on Vista. Vista is also a resource hog. :Dance1: Vista has great potential but it is just not there yet.

I run multiple machines with each a different OS XP, Vista and Linux. All have good and bad points. The biggest problems I have had with Vista is lack of driver support for some hardware and programs that will not run on Vista. Vista is also a resource hog. :Dance1: Vista has great potential but it is just not there yet.

Yes, the lack of supported drivers on Vista is annoying. This is supposed to be sorted out by the release of SP1. Where is SP1 Mr. Gates?

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

must admit i am steering clear because of problems they had with previous new software, 98 , xp and so on were a real pain when new, it seems to take a while to get them right , and on top of that i always hate the new version untill i get used to it , after all my Commodore 64 still works great so why change?

• 3 weeks later...

i hate the whole thing !!! the look of the folders, just everthing. The biggest thing I hate is the the little scroll up arrow you had in XP so you could back into ur parent folder, now u need to go into the explorer tree. Anybody know what I'm talking about ???? and if they have a fix for it.

Also hate when you downloading stuff it keeps directing it to "my pictures or my downloaded folder" !! XP used to memorise it and keep the same folder. Annoying because i usually have to download work related attachment to a work folder and I need to click about 10 time to find the folder :( is there any advantage ??? apart from the security protection ( MS spyware)

FYI SP1 for Vista is due out in Oct'07

Nope, March '08, and, knowing Microsoft, SP1 won't be released until at least June. They need to get SP1 out ASAP, because there's no drivers out there for this fuckin' poorly planned OS.

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

i got a test version from microsoft almost a year ago.

when the final version came i tested it for a while but for safety i put back on my xp pro on the laptop to come to LOS.

i liked it but still gone wait a while to change my desktop and laptop to vista again.

• 2 weeks later...