IGNORED

Any more free withfrawal ATMs ?

mai

Can someone please supply name of banks that do not charge for foreign card withdrawal.

Before I use K-atm - the green one with the music. But I go away for 2 weeks , come back and now they want 150 baht per withdrawal (over 4 dollar!!!)

All the others seem to do the same - TMB, Siam, etc.

This is crazy if you only like to take 1000 bht per visit.

I also see that pack of L&M cigarettes go from 49 bht to 60 bht. Maybe time to find new country!

Can someone please supply name of banks that do not charge for foreign card withdrawal.

Before I use K-atm - the green one with the music. But I go away for 2 weeks , come back and now they want 150 baht per withdrawal (over 4 dollar!!!)

All the others seem to do the same - TMB, Siam, etc.

This is crazy if you only like to take 1000 bht per visit.

I also see that pack of L&M cigarettes go from 49 bht to 60 bht. Maybe time to find new country!

to the best of my knowledge all banks/atms charge this now(another way of trying to screw the tourist)

Bank of Ayudhya did not charge last time I used them.

when was that?

Is the 150 baht just for farangs?

I have a Kasikorn bank account and I get charged stupid fees. So is it more than just using international cards or is it also an internal thing/

I couldnt imagine Thais putting up with that sort of nonsense

Thailand Airsoft The website is for sale. I am starting up a new Bitcoin project and need development funds... The Airsoft Site is being sold for 800,000 THB

Bank of Ayudhya (yellow ATM) are still not charging as of yesterday 12/06/09. I was told the Government Savings Bank are not charging either. They seem to be the only ones.

Al.

Edited by Al.

UOB bank not charging - took out money yesterday from one at entrance to Villa market in Avenue mall. I underdstand they will charge 100 baht as of Aug. 11. The AEON bank on seccond floor of Tesco Lotus on Sukhumvit also does not charge.

great stuff, will use these now, no point in giving banks 150bt when you do not have to, cheers

This is now getting EXTREMELY confusing

I have been nearly charged at both UOB and Bank of Ayudhya on my recent trip.

Only the fact that the warning came up saved me getting charged. I ended up doing it the "old" way........at an exchange booth with passport and card

In fact not one single ATM i tried my card in was non fee (and i tried all of them, believe me!!!!!!).

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Thanks for replies.

I can confirm bank of Aduytha (also called Krungspi??) - the yellow one - DOES NOT charge.

If you have been charged, maybe it was an airport ATM - which normally all impose charges.

I will try AEON, UOB (but think I tried them already and they charge) and the other one and the Government Savings Bank - what colour is that one??? It sounds like they won't accept foreign VISA if it is a govnt owned bank though.

I guess they will all do this charge soon. Thats the way things work in Asia - copy prices and little competition. Although, why should they give a toss about tourists? The day they all charge 150 bht - I'm leaving.

This is now getting EXTREMELY confusing

I have been nearly charged at both UOB and Bank of Ayudhya on my recent trip.

Only the fact that the warning came up saved me getting charged. I ended up doing it the "old" way........at an exchange booth with passport and card

In fact not one single ATM i tried my card in was non fee (and i tried all of them, believe me!!!!!!).

Hedonist

Did you mean you gave the exchange booth teller your passport and ATM card? They'll give you cash without you having to use the ATM machine?

Thanks for replies.

I can confirm bank of Aduytha (also called Krungspi??) - the yellow one - DOES NOT charge.

If you have been charged, maybe it was an airport ATM - which normally all impose charges.

I will try AEON, UOB (but think I tried them already and they charge) and the other one and the Government Savings Bank - what colour is that one??? It sounds like they won't accept foreign VISA if it is a govnt owned bank though.

I guess they will all do this charge soon. Thats the way things work in Asia - copy prices and little competition. Although, why should they give a toss about tourists? The day they all charge 150 bht - I'm leaving.

No, it was in a shopping mall in Hua Hin. It might have something to do with the fact that i was using a Mastercard credit card but i got the warning that i would be charged 150 baht if i continued with the transaction. Like you say, AEON and UOB are charging, but others on here are saying they AREN'T..........hence the confusion.

As far as i know Government Savings Bank branches are few and far between, and ATMs of them even rarer i should imagine.

I wouldnt assume because they are a Government bank they dont allow foreign cards. TMB is Government owned too !!!!!!

Also, this isnt just Thailand gouging the tourists, but more of Thailand catching up with the rest of the world....as i got stung in Malaysia for a fee, and i would hazzard a guess that should i use my Kasikorn ATM card here in my home country there will be a charge added..........that i possibly wont be forewarned about either!!!!!!!

Just be grateful you can still do it the "old" way still.........take your passbook to an exchange booth with your card and hand it over to be processed manually

Hedonist

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Did you mean you gave the exchange booth teller your passport and ATM card? They'll give you cash without you having to use the ATM machine?

Yes, thats exactly what i did

Crazy situation, i know, and i cant see it lasting, tbh

Other people on other forums are saying they even go into the banks themselves and do the same thing

Best to say you forgot your PIN number if you get told you can use the ATM though..........just in case

Hedonist