Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Roof Garden Inn

kpdxxx

Is this place any good?

There are lots of reviews around, all positive, but non recent.

I stayed at Dynasty Inn last time. Which was quite a walk and not so great. So the Roof Garden Inn seemed like an alternative. What I want to know is can you walk to Walking Street from the RGI? Are the rooms larger than the Dynasty? Is it clean and bug free? This seemed to be the case in 2005, is it now?

Has anybody been there recently?

• 2 weeks later...

KPDXXX,

I stayed there last year. It's a fine hotel with big rooms, if you get the ones facing the road. There's no noise from the road either. Very clean ....and no bugs.

Can you walk to Walking Street?? Don't think so, but you take the baht bus for a 5 minute ride and get off just behind WS without any difficulty. Baht buses run pretty much every 5 minutes or so.

The hotel treats you good and the staff are friendly. Good food next door. Baht bus to Jomtien beach just down the road, in the opposite direction. Nice beach for the daytime.....and some great little bars at night as well.

CM

I might be ancient, but my dick still rises in the east.......the Far East that is!!!!

For the price, Roof Garden Inn is good choice. Stayed there twice with my buddy but on our last trip stayed at Dynasty Inn which was more central location. Staff at RGI are friendly starting with Arnold the owner, and Nanny the daytime reception lady, both are friendly and helpful with any questions you have. Rooms are clean, tile floors swept and mopped everyday. The rooms are smaller than Dynasty deluxe. If you thought it was a far walk from Soi 13 to Walking Street, you better have good walking shoes if you wanna walk from Roof Garden Inn. The Baht bus is the way to go and comes every few minutes in either direction. Sometimes the baht buses are full cause you got the people from Jomtien heading into town. At nite it'll cost 100 baht for you and your tilak to go back to RGI. There is a restaurant to the right of RGI called Mr. Chan's if you need food but it's not open late.

Edited by dre

For the price, Roof Garden Inn is good choice. Stayed there twice with my buddy but on our last trip stayed at Dynasty Inn which was more central location. Staff at RGI are friendly starting with Arnold the owner, and Manny the daytime reception lady, both are friendly and helpful with any questions you have. Rooms are clean, tile floors swept and mopped everyday. The rooms are smaller than Dynasty deluxe. If you thought it was a far walk from Soi 13 to Walking Street, you better have good walking shoes if you wanna walk from Roof Garden Inn. The Baht bus is the way to go and comes every few minutes in either direction. Sometimes the baht buses are full cause you got the people from Jomtien heading into town. At nite it'll cost 100 baht for you and your tilak to go back to RGI. There is a restaurant to the right of RGI called Mr. Chan's if you need food but it's not open late.

Hi,stayed 3 weeks at roof garden,staff is great and a great chicken bbq across the street,BUT IF YOUR IN CENTRAL PATTAYA LATE AT NIGHT,IT COULD COST YOU 120 BAHT TO GET HOME.Also a great little resturant at Mr.Chans arthouse and hotel.My wife and stayed at Mr.Chans and saved 150 baht a night.This trip in July I have one week before my wife files in ans I'm staying at Sercerts hotel.Wife says to enjoy,play safe,and stay away from Emma.