IGNORED

Fisherman dies from Electric Shock.

LaaMok

Monday 8th June 2009

Fisherman dies from Electric Shock.

A tragic accident occurred at a small lake in Huoy Yai Municipality on Sunday Afternoon which resulted in the death of a local resident. Police Captain Pongsatorn from Huoy Yai Police Station was assigned to the case and inspected the body of Khun Nee aged 64. He had apparently electrocuted himself while he was fishing in the small lake. The victim was using electric cable which he placed in the water and then attached the wire to a battery which produced an electric charge. This is a popular form of fishing which allows for the capture of large amounts of fish in a short period of time. His body has been sent for a post mortem examination to confirm the cause of death.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/june/n...8_06_52_2.shtml

I've seen similar news reports during floods, where locals are fishing by introducing a charge into the water by stupid means...rarely ends well. Every time I go up to Isaan I cringe at how things are grounded and avoid puddles near buildings. A tourist was electrocuted a few months ago in Bangkok walking in a section of a flooded street after a flood as well.

Nasty.

Not sure if the Darwin awards cover thailand, but if they do he's got to be in with a shot.

Thais seem to have no fear of electricity.

Everything from powercables to neon signs is cabled in the most half-arsed and dangerous way i've ever seen.

thailand is not the land of safety for anybody.

cept a few very priviledged(sp)

Member since Dec 06.