IGNORED

Thaksin Shinawatra buying Manchester city

Guest Qwert06

Guest Qwert06

Why not put something into his own country................

EXCLUSIVE

By James Fletcher

SAM ALLARDYCE will be jobless after an amazing blunder over his decision to quit Bolton.

Sport of the World understands he resigned at the Reebok after being ASSURED he would become the new Manchester City boss.

But Allardyce was MISLED into believing his pal and former City star Ray Ranson is guaranteed to take over the Premier club.

However, we can reveal former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra dramatically emerged as favourite to take charge at City after a rival £100 million offer was submitted.

He is unlikely to hire Allardyce, preferring to look for a top European coach in the mould of Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho.

Allardyce handed in his resignation to Bolton chairman Phil Gartside last week. Gartside was livid and immediately sent Allardyce home on gardening leave.

But in a bid to cover up the astonishing behind-the-scenes row, Big Sam joined his squad at Stamford Bridge for the clash with Chelsea.

Escape

Significantly, Bolton assistant boss Sammy Lee faced the press after the game, with no sight of Allardyce.

He said: "It's just speculation. Sam has been ill and didn't travel down with the team that came down this morning. That is ONE of the reasons for my appearance."

Allardyce has a £2m escape clause in his current Bolton deal, which his pal Ranson was prepared to pay.

But Allardyce was unaware of the interest from former Thai PM Shinawatra, thinking Ranson's £90m bid already had the support of influential City director Dennis Tueart.

However, the decision over who wins control of the club - and therefore Allardyce's future rests with City's major shareholders, John Wardle and David Makin.

Unfortunately for Big Sam, they remain unconvinced by Ranson's business plan and his ability to plough enough money into rebuilding the club, even if he takes over.

Feared

As revealed in the News of the World last week, they wrote to Ranson informing him of their concerns. But the former City player continued with his plan-and even convinced Allardyce he would replace current boss Stuart Pearce.

Wardle and Makin own nearly 30 per cent of the Premiership club.

The next largest shareholders are Mark Boler, who owns 18.75 per cent, BSkyB who own 9.9 per cent and Francis Lee who owns around seven per cent. Ironically, Tueart owns no shares.

Lee is believed to be ready to back Ranson and has told him he will sell his shareholding-and possibly join his takeover team-but with Wardle and Makin refusing to sell, that support is irrelevant.

Sport of the World has also learned that City have reported Ranson to the Takeover Panel citing concerns over comments made through the media.

They feared that his public approach could affect the share price-particularly as they had still not received a formal approach by 5pm on Friday-when the Stock Exchange closed. Shinawatra's bid will be discussed at an emergency City board meeting this weekend.

His bid is highly attractive to the Eastlands board and is almost certain to be backed.

What are your own views on Thaksin???

Makes a chance from yanks buying our football clubs I guess.

Got to wonder what he's upto though.

The way the premiership is at the moment its not easy money for the owners.

He could pump 50mil through the club and have nouthing to show for it except a bunch of highly paid flops who won't leave coz no one will pay their wages.

With any luck he'll hire sven and save the FA a fortune.

After his antics 3 yrs ago, when he wanted the thai people to fund the purchase of Liverpool,always expect the unexpected with him.

I just cannot believe that he'd be in it for the long term and would be highly suspicious of his motives.I hope City don't go down this road.

He's gotta do something with the zillions he made from the crooked sale of his company (shincorp). He must be a football nut. Also he must have an angle to make even more cash.

As a City fan, I'm not sure if I prefer Thai money or the debt-ridden deal offered by former player Ray Ranson. It looks like Joey Barton will leave whoever takes over.

I hope it works out for city.

You never know, he could be going the same route as roman abramovich and using the funding of a successfull club to build up his prestiage and contacts abroad.

Before chelsea roman was just some unknown oil tycoon, now he's an A lister in any party or social even in europe, bigger than us movie stars.

Would be a great way to repackage himself in the west if he's planning on building a buisness empire there.

Not cheap though.

Bit depressing really. Even if you won the sole prize on the uk lottery you'd struggle to buy a first team player for any prem team, and definatly coudln't afford the wages.

Edited by hazze

He lives near me, i'm still trying to find his daughter! :GrinNod1:

Well at least he has enough money to maybe give Abramovich a run for his money - although I can't imagine Man City ever challenging Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool for the title.

• 3 months later...
Well at least he has enough money to maybe give Abramovich a run for his money - although I can't imagine Man City ever challenging Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool for the title.

Well as I write this now Man City have played 3 and won 3 so sit top of the league and one of them we beat was utd :Hello: Still pissed now.