IGNORED

Upgrades To Business Class?

danboy

hi guys does anyone know what the airlines charge to upgrade to business class at the airport , and is it charged per sector or the whole way from manchester to bangkok.

hi guys does anyone know what the airlines charge to upgrade to business class at the airport , and is it charged per sector or the whole way from manchester to bangkok.

Only ever paid once (usually free or with airmiles) and on TG from BKK to Frankfurt it was 34,000 THB444

Ive done it with Thai AIr a couple of times. It is per sector and the info is all on thier website somewhere.

I paid 20,000bht for Bangkok to Melbourne.

Testicles

Depending what airline, if the airline allows payment on last munite to fill seats, or if you have to upgrade according to regular fares. There is no general rule for such. A little more info would be quite good to have.

Wanna fight against me? Klick: Brutefight against Runabout

I had a friend who did it from London to Bkk with Thai & it is per sector & cost him £700 last year.

I drop a tablet & sleep in Economy for 7 or 8 hours & the money is IMO best keept for some fun & games in Pattaya.

I drop a tablet & sleep in Economy for 7 or 8 hours & the money is IMO best keept for some fun & games in Pattaya.
I could not agree more.

• 2 weeks later...

no airlines have any fixed policy on this , but sum come out with attractive schemes at times so best to ask at the apt if sumthing really attractive is going on

Fly KLM from BKK to Heathrow via Amsterdam and back every 4 weeks. Used to use 40,000miles for an upgrade to biz, but that was only Bangkok to Amsterdam.

After flying with KLM for a number of years now routinely get upgraded to biz on the Amsterdam to Bangkok leg, usually asked in Bangkok going to Amsterdam if I would like to pay. Since I usually get my preffered seat, use the lounge to consume copious amount of gin, get on plane and take a sleeping pill usually decline.

Upgrade on Singapore Airways to biz from Perth (Aus) to Bangkok via Singapore is 25,000, that covers both legs.

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

They usually upgrade those with 'elite' status or somebody who paid full fare economy (the Q up or Y up fares). On those last 2 fares they'll put you in 1st, if it's open. Still not cheap, just cheaper than Biz, slightly. You might look at buying miles on CL, Ebay, etc. There's ways to accumulate a lot of miles fast; sign up for their CC, move $$ around (bank to bank), buy wine at 25miles/$, change mobile phone providers, etc. Check out your airline's program. I know Delta was selling their miles 2 fer 1 a couple months back. I signed up for their Amex (20K) and bought 100K/$1300. Check out "Flyer Talk", they've got all the scams down. Oh Yeah; they also sell upgrades on CL and Ebay. You need one for each leg, so pick the long one. They're transferable, but technically not resalable. It's up to you to make sure that your fare is upgradable and there's open seats. 1st you call the airline and tell them your 'friend' wants to upgrade you. Are there any open seats ? With Ebay, your pretty safe, with CL, not so much. Use Paypal if you can. I paid $200 to bump econ to 1st, SFO to Maui a few years back. I think systemwide upgrades go for 4 or $500. Maybe less now that the economy's in the tank. Good Luck; wj

Edited by wackyjacky

I had a friend who did it from London to Bkk with Thai & it is per sector & cost him £700 last year.

please, please tell me what tablet you take to sleep. i can never sleep on the plane (i have a 2 hour, 14 hour then a 6 hour flight).

i took 1 ativan pill that didn't do anything for me.

please, please tell me what tablet you take to sleep. i can never sleep on the plane (i have a 2 hour, 14 hour then a 6 hour flight).

i took 1 ativan pill that didn't do anything for me.

Gilligan: I'm surprised about the Ativan. The ones I got in BKK were pretty damn strong and worked like a charm. I was incoherent, comatose, and drooling (I suppose) for about 12 hrs on the flight back. You might have to move up to Xanax. If they don't take you down, you might have to get a veterinarian dart you on the gangway. wj

I have valium out like a light.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

I would never pay to be upgraded as I'd rather save my money for Pattaya

In recent years I have flown with etihad and I am a member of there ff programme. And have been upgraded to business class for free on 2 occasions

the ativan just made me tired, but not enough to sleep.

this trip i either take 1.5 ativan or try that dart from the vet