Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

How Can We Make Your Night Better ?

Alan lad

hi guys

Well the low season has hit !! This would have to be the hardest year i have seen in 7 years of running a bar !

And because of this i am asking you guys what it is that we at NLD1 can do to help you our guest have a better nite out ?

I am sorry to say that after not increasing any drink prices for over a year (4 tax increases the last one was 10%) shortly we will have to put up some prices a little .We will post when this happens and how much ,how ever i can say we will still be the cheapest place to drink (at the moment some places are nearly 40% more than us in somer drinks).

But this aside what would you like to see us do for you ?

Would a happy hour late at nite help ?

Not we are not going to increase the bar fines ,they will stay at 450 bt and 250 bt after 2am .

We are going to run a comp with the girls and feed back on this would be great ?

It is going to be a cash prize for the girl who take care of a guest the best on any one nite .You write down a girls number ,who you think should be in the running (this is split into dance and service with 2 prizes at the end of the nite). It is up to you as to why you like this girl and you may write down her number each time you drop in .

At the end of the mth we will add up and see who the girl was that had the most votes.

I am HOPING this will make the girls work harder at taking care of you our guest ,with out wanting to get her to hassle you for drinks etc .You might even be able to use your vote to help you in some way ,i am sure .

GUYS FEED BACK PLEASE

alan

sounds like a good idea. and a late night happy hour is a great idea. as i will be there on the 24th july. at around midnight or a bit later. but will be there for sure.. and is all ways my first pit stop.. come say say g'day to nook?. and have a laugh with the girls..

Honestly, can't think of anything mate! It has all the ingredients to make me go back again and again. Been that way for years. My request would be "don't change anything". Good luck to you!

Edited by ifriendyou

hi guys

Well the low season has hit !! This would have to be the hardest year i have seen in 7 years of running a bar !

And because of this i am asking you guys what it is that we at NLD1 can do to help you our guest have a better nite out ?

I am sorry to say that after not increasing any drink prices for over a year (4 tax increases the last one was 10%) shortly we will have to put up some prices a little .We will post when this happens and how much ,how ever i can say we will still be the cheapest place to drink (at the moment some places are nearly 40% more than us in somer drinks).

But this aside what would you like to see us do for you ?

Would a happy hour late at nite help ?

Not we are not going to increase the bar fines ,they will stay at 450 bt and 250 bt after 2am .

We are going to run a comp with the girls and feed back on this would be great ?

It is going to be a cash prize for the girl who take care of a guest the best on any one nite .You write down a girls number ,who you think should be in the running (this is split into dance and service with 2 prizes at the end of the nite). It is up to you as to why you like this girl and you may write down her number each time you drop in .

At the end of the mth we will add up and see who the girl was that had the most votes.

I am HOPING this will make the girls work harder at taking care of you our guest ,with out wanting to get her to hassle you for drinks etc .You might even be able to use your vote to help you in some way ,i am sure .

GUYS FEED BACK PLEASE

alan

Hi Shane,

Congrats for not putting the beer prices up at the 1st tax increace, but if the maths don't add up then you may have to put some extra baht on the beer.

Sounds like a good idea with having a prize for the girls, that will make the clients happy.

I may be coming to Pattaya in the next week or so (for a week, maybe longer) as i have got rid of my share of one of my properties so I plan to come back to patts 2 Months earlier than I planned (with a friend if he can get the time off).

A happy hour sounds good as well.

Cheers

Highlander

I have not been a customer of yours in the past, nothing against ya, I just havent been in...but I will make a point to stop in as I will be in town for several weeks this summer. So, with that in mind, I will offer you what does/would pull me into a gogo (where I spend 90% of my time) and make a regular patron of me. Not all have been found, but here is whats in my head...i call it the Disney experience:

1. Cute sign girls with a fun attitude (think chatty, bouncy, glad they are there and having a good time)...it really does work if they engage me walking past the bar, gently hold my arm, smile, suggest i go inside (not clingy, just fun)...then actually guide me in and seat me, leaving me with a little peck on my cheek...always puts me in a great mood as I start to look around.

2. Promptly greeted by waitstaff within 60 seconds...IM THIRSTY...again, attitude is key...ask what I want and go...DONT EVER ask for a drink, i will offer if i want to by anyone a drink (this is a huge turn off to me and from what ive read, a lot of bm).

3. As I only drink vodka mixes (juice/tonic) or water, I could care less about beer prices (especially draft beer, nasty business)...but, to me, in a gogo, 90baht would be fair for a cocktail...if they offer a special from 8-10pm, all the better. Lady drinks, I have to say same same, 90baht...maybe 60 baht for water...we both know that still leaves tons of room for covering overhead and healthy profit.

4. DONT bug me to buy ping pong balls or ladydrinks for mamasan or other staff, I will offer if I want to buy anyone a drink (did I alreay say that).

5. HOT girls on offer...this is a tough one cuz "hot" is only an opinion. It seems most gogos have a variety of sizes and shapes for all tastes. Personally, i go for young (18-23), thin, no or minimal tats, no stretch marks (i do gogos so i can make sure of this), perky natural breasts (dont care about size), nice hair, not too much makeup and freshly showered.

6. Girls on stage should make eye contact, smile, appear as if they are having a good night (even if they are not) and wait for me to ask them over (though I know some guys love it when surrounded by 5 girls when they first come in, I dont). Now i know some places are a bit more rowdy, and thats cool, adds to the energy (like Windmill/Babydolls with the banana and tub shows and What's Up with the tub and noodle stuff).

7. BARFINES...to me, being a US guy, $10USD seems a fair compensation to the bar for keeping the girls on the ready for me, so my ideal is 350 baht...and IF a gogo charged that amount (and had girls i liked), I would be in every night...but I realize that that may be a pipe dream at most gogos...but, as evidence it does impact my decision (and im not budget limited other than by my own sense of economy) i do find myself barfining from the beer bar just before you enter WS or the one across the street from Tony's because I know its only 300 and i can usually find a cute girl in those spots IF i feel i have been splurging on other things during the day.

8. A nice mix of music that is loud enough to feel the groove, but not so loud i cant talk to the person (hopefully a hot thai girl) sitting next to me. Mix it up, a little rock, a little hip hop, a little techno, a little thai.

9. A funny ladyboy mamasan...these girls crack me up most nights!

10. Not sure if it helps to know where I have consistantly hung out in the past, but if it does...Windmill, Babydolls, Casanovy, Shark Club...i only go to Angelwitch once in a while for the show...same same What's Up.

So, hope this helps...I find the fact that you proactively asked to be refreshing...bottom line...90baht cocktails, 90baht ladydrinks, and a 2 for 1 happy hour with great girls gets my baht every night!!!

Cheers, alex

Edited by Alex the Hedonist

I mostly do gogo bars and can honestly say that what draws me back to the same places night after night are the girls and the overall attitude of the staff.

If I like the girls and the staff treat me good the price of your beers could be higher than your neighbors and I would still come to your place - Actually I normally do drinks but you get my point :)

Luckily I’m not on a budget but if I had to choose between cheap drinks and lesser “fun/service” and a higher price and better “fun/service” I for sure would choose to skip a drink or two and go for better service. So don’t try to rip me of – but I’m for sure willing to pay a fair price for good service.

I realize that these are not direct points/hints so I will borrow a little from Alex advice to point in my direction (hope that is ok)

“Cute sign girls with a fun attitude (think chatty, bouncy, glad they are there and having a good time)...it really does work if they engage me walking past the bar, gently hold my arm, smile, suggest I go inside (not clingy, just fun)...then actually guide me in and seat me, leaving me with a little peck on my cheek...always puts me in a great mood as I start to look around.”

- Couldn’t agree more

“A funny ladyboy mamasan...these girls crack me up most nights!”

- Always like the funny ones

“HOT girls on offer”

- I totally agree (off course) but hot is not just looks - attitude also plays a big part.

“Girls on stage should make eye contact, smile, appear as if they are having a good night (even if they are not) and wait for me to ask them over (though I know some guys love it when surrounded by 5 girls when they first come in, I dont)”

- What Alex said

I’m far from shy when offering drinks but if you bug/push me it will only make me offer less, and in the end leave.

I have nothing bad to say about your place – have only been there a few times – so be sure to take this as general advice.

Ps: Your competition seems like a really good initiative.

On my way for my third visit this year – so I hope to be doing my bit to keep the business going….and will be sure to stop by and check out any BM advice you choose to follow

Except the music, everything is great. A little bit of work on the interior design wouldn't harm either. All in all, I still think it's the best go go bar in Pattaya

A good all round go go mate, cheap beer and some nice ladies to look and chat with

I allways pop in with the wife, friends, or even on my own.never had a problem there, happy hour prices are good to

Real nice place about 5 weeks ago when i was last in pattaya, nice hosteess called pook, ex classroom and a geordie bloke, manager, two nice people to chat to, if you are on your own or waiting for someone

I will be there next week for sure,

Regards

Dirty

hi guys

Thank you so much for the kind words ,and i will try and reply to most of what is said here .So you know i am reading it and taking notes.

katand milo mate i am with you on the remix and bar snacks we will look into (just have to keep the girls away from them). Hey when do we get to have our name on your girls rear end ?

ifyou thanks for the feed back mate but we are looking for ways that we can offer you our guest better value and a nite you will never forget .

phar lap mate hope to see you soon ,its cold back there .

highlander mate it was great having a few beers while i was in perth even better to see you soon .

hi guys

Thank you so much for the kind words ,and i will try and reply to most of what is said here .So you know i am reading it and taking notes.

katand milo mate i am with you on the remix and bar snacks we will look into (just have to keep the girls away from them). Hey when do we get to have our name on your girls rear end ?

ifyou thanks for the feed back mate but we are looking for ways that we can offer you our guest better value and a nite you will never forget .

phar lap mate hope to see you soon ,its cold back there .

highlander mate it was great having a few beers while i was in perth even better to see you soon .

Ladd, Apart from your stutter your getting there, you getting there.

Now as for Katandmilo's rear, (Your selection which :D ), we now have sole rights for her next 5 Thailand fights :GoldenSmile1: However, were you to make me an offer we can't refuse, you could be emblazoned across that rear in a joint effort for her next step on the ladder towards fighting fame. :)

Like NLD1, only a few minor points:

1. better ventilation - although I am a smoker, I don't enjoy sitting in a smokey room. Always room for improvement here and have noticed parts of NLD1 have poor ventilation.

2. sometimes play isaan music ? The girls naturally get crazy/happy when it's playing and guess what, that makes me happy :)

3. publicly documented std testing regime - (not to replace condoms for any kind of intercourse)

4. maybe instead of happy hour for punters, happy hour on LDs - but not making the girls eat the entire discount

5. a website with info on the girls/upcoming events, ...

6. although staff in nld1 is very courteous, they have a ways to go to get to happy's level where the waiters/waitresses, actually wai you; it's not the wai itself, but the attitude.

The following four are the most important to me though:

7. hot girls - CHECK - (already have that!)

8. great sound system and music - CHECK

9. courteous staff and great management - CHECK

10. reasonable drink prices and reasonable way of buying girls real drinks! CHECK AGAIN!

So, whatever you do, don't sacrifice on 7-10!

Edited by el_jefe

hi guys

Please forgive me ,i was posting thing last time when i got the call about the complaining customer and things got posted wrong.

Cerb mate are we going to get into trouble fight over another girls ass ? I know she is well worth it BUT he is one big guy !

Thing we better make this a 3 way and ask then to talk with us all .

Ok guys thank you with all the feed back . I have already started making small changes with service girls both inside and outside .

Starting with a good looking new girl outside to great you and walk you into the bar ,she speaks great english . So dont be shy in asking her thing that might help you .She is allowed inside for 1 drink only as she works outside.

She has asked me if she has to go with anyone ? To which i explained that ALL girls working with me have to go with only people they were happy to go with .BUT guys she has a bit of a broken heart so please dont count on her going with anyone .

Service inside over the next few days i am hoping you will see the change .

And theres more things toi come

alan

• 2 weeks later...

In the past one year, I've been to NLD1 about 3 or 4 times now and for the life of me ... I just can't figure out which ones are showgirls/hostesses and which ones are dancers and what were the constraints on each of these categories. Need better wrist bands or something to identify them. Each time I seem to get conflicting answers from mamasan or the girl I ask. Even though they did point out some identification tag and some sort of house rules regarding barfining them, it seems the girls had it all jumbled up and it was really hard to tell whether or not if I called a girl over for a LD, would she be allowed to go out with me or would she just say something like "sorry ... me showgirl ... no can go before xx time " ? And if she did agree to go, what would I have to shell out for her barfine?

More giant dildos to pass around the room! Can never have enough of those. :Hair_Out1:

[center][size="3"][url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/21796-getting-to-los-in-one-piece-tips-for-surviving-the-flight/page__p__322708__fromsearch__1&#entry322708"]Getting to LOS in one piece, tips for surviving the flight[/url] [/size][size="3"] [color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Restaurant Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34723-benihanas-brunch-in-royal-garden-plaza/page__p__550523__fromsearch__1&#entry550523"]Benihana's Brunch[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40196-shabushi-restaurant-6th-fl-central-festival/page__p__642739__fromsearch__1&#entry642739"]Shabushi[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/40224-central-festival-food-loft/"]Central Food Loft[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56291-rosabieng-restaurant-sukhumvit-soi-11/"]Rosabieng (Bangkok)[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34681-more-bar-and-grill-downstairs-from-the-marriott/page__p__549788__fromsearch__1&#entry549788"]More Bar and Grill[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34680-valentines-day-at-cherrys-on-third/page__p__549786__fromsearch__1&#entry549786"]Cherry's[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56293-bali-hai-sunset/"]Bali-Hai Sunset[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56294-so-who-wants-to-eat-shit/"]Shit[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/56315-rogers-italian/page__gopid__879575&#entry879575"]Roger's Italian[/url] [/size][/center][center][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Hotel Reviews[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34823-mosaik-apartments-soi-daynight-2/page__p__551879__fromsearch__1&#entry551879"]Mosaik Apartments[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/37964-paragon-place-hotel-pattaya-nua-rd/page__p__605514__fromsearch__1&#entry605514"]Paragon Place[/url] [/size][size="3"][color="#000000"][b][size="4"]Trip Reports[/size][/b][/color] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/34867-a-short-visit-to-koh-chang/page__p__552510__fromsearch__1&#entry552510"]Koh Chang[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38011-khao-yai-national-park/page__p__606162__fromsearch__1&#entry606162"]Khao Yai National Park[/url] [url="http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/38006-songkran-in-the-village/page__p__606114__fromsearch__1&#entry606114"]Songkran in the Village[/url][/size] [/center]