IGNORED

A German on a Motorbike

Guest Qwert06

Guest Qwert06

On my last 4 or 5 trips over the last 4 years when i have been walking along beach road on the opposite side from the beach there has been a German in his 40's ave build and blonde hair sorta like Rod Stewarts with a Thai girl on the back of his bike stopped me, asked me if i am on holiday or live in Patts. The first 4 times i said holiday which is a que for her to get off the back of the bike and get some sort of paperwork out her bag, which has been the trigger for me to look at him and say "no thansk" he is always very polite and in no way over bearing. But my instinct which i trust tells me there is something very wrong with this bloke and his partner. I can't tell you if it's the same girl

On my last trip he came up to me again in exactly the same fasion, and my reply to him was ," i live here" which he replied,"no problem" and drove off.

Has anyone else met this prick and know any more about him??

On my last 4 or 5 trips over the last 4 years when i have been walking along beach road on the opposite side from the beach there has been a German in his 40's ave build and blonde hair sorta like Rod Stewarts with a Thai girl on the back of his bike stopped me, asked me if i am on holiday or live in Patts. The first 4 times i said holiday which is a que for her to get off the back of the bike and get some sort of paperwork out her bag, which has been the trigger for me to look at him and say "no thansk" he is always very polite and in no way over bearing. But my instinct which i trust tells me there is something very wrong with this bloke and his partner. I can't tell you if it's the same girl

On my last trip he came up to me again in exactly the same fasion, and my reply to him was ," i live here" which he replied,"no problem" and drove off.

Haven't seen this guy as far as I'm aware but I think I would keep out of his way.

Alan

Think that he is a timeshare conman

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Stopped me four times asking " do you speak English " to which I reply "no" and off he goes. He's trying to sell time share. Recently seen some Indian looking types doing it.

Stopped me four times asking " do you speak English " to which I reply "no" and off he goes. He's trying to sell time share. Recently seen some Indian looking types doing it.

I have heard about this guy many times on the forums, sometimes he simply asks for directions to get the ball rolling.

Guest Qwert06
Haven't seen this guy as far as I'm aware but I think I would keep out of his way.

Alan

I did fuck him off mate as i said in my origional post.

Think i seen him once at the bottom of soi8 on beach road, an english bloke was telling him to chase himself.

Edited by stuarty

Pattaya september 17th bring it on

I have encounteed a few like him and they were different European nationals. They must be hard up trying to make a living selling time share.

I have seen this one a few times on WS & Beach Road during the daytime.

If they ask me "do you speak English?" i usually reply "nyet" which is Russian for NO..that does the trick too

Guest Qwert06
Think i seen him once at the bottom of soi8 on beach road, an english bloke was telling him to chase himself.

thats roughly where he has aproached me before.

Been approached in North Pattaya a few times . The guy is always polite and I just use the same approach as some other posters. State I live here and off he goes

Death is Natures way of telling you to slow down

• 4 months later...

He stopped me near Soi 4 and the girl was trying to sell something. I had to duck into a restaurant to get rid of them.

I had just come from the dentist and my mouth was numb and I wasn't expecting a tout sales pitch.

All the best,

jH

i had the fat british guy on the motorbike- about 5 days in a row- ride up to me. luckily, the first thing out of his mouth was "do you speak english?" so i just shook my head and kept walking. he's a friggin moron- he can't remember asking the same person over and over?

I've been stopped like this by guys of various nationalities; once they know I live here, off they go without much further ado.

It's the Thais with the clipboards who are always carrying out a "survey" on Beach Road or Second Road that get me. "Hello mister, which country you come from?". As you all probably know, this is a scam. Once the survey is complete, you will get a scratch card and surprise surprise you will always win a prize. But of course you have to go to a certain hotel (can't remember which one) to collect the prize and that's when the hard sell begins once you are inside their lair.

Edited by hpsauce

Verbum sat sapienti est.

I've been stopped like this by guys of various nationalities; once they know I live here, off they go without much further ado.

It's the Thais with the clipboards who are always carrying out a "survey" on Beach Road or Second Road that get me. "Hello mister, which country you come from?". As you all probably know, this is a scam. Once the survey is complete, you will get a scratch card and surprise surprise you will always win a prize. But of course you have to go to a certain hotel (can't remember which one) to collect the prize and that's when the hard sell begins once you are inside their lair.

they got wise to me on my last trip..."what country you from?"

"no english- deustch!"

9 times out of 10, they left me.

one little crapper pulls out a german survey and points at it. i just laughed and kept walking.

had it happen to me a couple of times,same as in spain,but have to say they are not as pushy as they are in spain,i even out of being nice feeled out a form with my hotel and name and they phone me to say i had won a prize but had to go miles to get it,if brits were able to do it can you think what it would be like

one little crapper pulls out a german survey and points at it. i just laughed and kept walking.

I laughed for like five minutes after reading this :Good_Post: .

At least you have an interesting story to tell, "Yeah, Rod Stewart tried to scam me into a time share," :GiveBeer1:

I got hit with the fat British guy aswell. Totally wasn't expecting it, I thought I was being nice to offer directions to him, and he made a bit of small talk before he hit me with the pitch. Just walked away quickly and pretended not to hear him calling after me. Tubby little bastard.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

I took a walk the other morning and one almost crashed his motor bike trying to pull over and ask me if I speak english and then 5 minutes later another one came along asking the same thing with some scratch tickets.I even scratched one and jumped for joy when I one the grand prize.

Last Saturday I was walking up the artist's soi that runs beside Mike's shopping mall. An English guy was walking up to people as they passed by trying to shake their hands and asking where they came from (Indian tailor style). I just ignored him. I hate being impolite, but it was so obvious just looking at the guy that he was up to no good.

On another occasion, over a year ago I was at Pattaya bus station when I was approached by a Scottish guy who told me he'd been drinking at a bar, but the police had raided it and because he hadn't had his passport on him, they took all his money. He explained how he needed to meet his wife and kid in Bangkok but didn't have the 100 Baht for the bus ticket. Something about him didn't ring true, and I declined to help. I felt guilty about this at first, but exactly a week later I was making the same trip and I'll be damned but he was there again in the bus station speaking to another farang and probably using the same sob story.

Verbum sat sapienti est.