IGNORED

Right place for buying a camera in BKK or Patts?

ramble

which is the right place to buy a good camera and a cellphone in los ?i mean prcewise and also genuity of the product.anybody care to help?

i love pattaya

I wouldn't recommend buying these items in los. They will be cheaper in your own country and will be easier to return if you have problems with them

I would say it depends on your currency exchange just now.

I bought a Canon Ixus 850i from MBK and saved $110 (US) on the actual camera. On top of the camera, I got a free leather case, tripod and plastic screen protector on the LCD viewer.

With the exchange rate now, it will be the same price as the UK shops, but I could probably buy it cheaper from a UK internet trader.

As far as dealing with problems if it breaks, it's no problem. With Canon, you send off your receipt and international guarantee registration that is in the Canon box, and they send back an acknowledgement of ownership and dates of guarantee) I bought my nephew a Nikon CoolPix (again saved, about $90US - free tripod, case etc). His shutter lens wouldn't close after about 8 months. He kept all the documentation and got in touch with Nikon UK. They sent him out a postage box and it was fixed and returned within 6 weeks.

So, if you are still getting a reasonable exchange rate, then you will get a good deal, else, I would just stick with your home countries internet trading shops.