Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Suspected English Drug Dealer on the run following Undercover Police Operation.

LaaMok

Suspected English Drug Dealer on the run following Undercover Police Operation.

In the early hours of Saturday Morning Police and volunteers were caught up in a dramatic car chase which culminated in shots being fired, the arrest of two people and the seizure of class 1 and class 5 drugs. The case began when Police Colonel Tirapong, the acting chief of Pattaya Police led a team of undercover officers who conducted an operation in the car park of the Bar Ruk 93 Pub located just off Pattaya Third Road close to the South Pattaya Intersection. The Colonel had received information of an English National who was suspected of selling drugs here in Pattaya and he arranged to meet the target in the car park where an undercover officer would attempt to purchase drugs from him which would have been followed by an arrest. The operation did not go to plan and the target escaped in his Black Toyota Vigo as soon as he realized that he was being set-up. A dramatic car chase ensued, during which shots were fired and collisions with chasing vehicles took place. Eventually the truck came to a halt close to the Tamsamakee Temple in South Pattaya at a dead-end. The driver, later named as Mr. Troy Curtis aged 56 from England, fled into a nearby forest and could not be located. Two women inside his truck, Khun Wunpen aged 37 and Khun Anong aged 39 were arrested and joined Police who made their way to the residence of Mr. Curtis, house number 56/2 in Soi Nongprue. Inside the house, Police found a selection of narcotics including 2g of Crystal Methamphetamine, 17g of Cocaine, some Marijuana, Syringes and Bank Books. Other items were taken into evidence. Back at Pattaya Police Station the two women claimed that earlier in the night Mr. Curtis contacted the two women and requested they join him at his house. They confessed to taking drugs inside the house and were then told that they would go out to play pool in South Pattaya. Both denied prior knowledge of Mr. Curtis’s alleged illegal activities. An arrest warrant for Mr. Curtis has now been issued and Police have alerted ports and airports to ensure he cannot escape to another country.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news/2009/may/news_23_05_52.shtml

This looks like a total set up to me. It is obvious that the police and the girls were working together to set this man up and extort money from him. The girls planted the drugs in the house, then convinced the man to take them shopping or something like that, got to the car park and the police would then arrest him. He saw thru it just in time and of course ran. I mean really, wouldn't any normal farang run when confronted with the jack booted police here. Guns and medals and all sort of things hanging from their military syle uniforms. Shameful!!!

Looks like another nail in the coffin for Thai tourism. When will they learn?

This looks like a total set up to me. It is obvious that the police and the girls were working together to set this man up and extort money from him. The girls planted the drugs in the house, then convinced the man to take them shopping or something like that, got to the car park and the police would then arrest him. He saw thru it just in time and of course ran. I mean really, wouldn't any normal farang run when confronted with the jack booted police here. Guns and medals and all sort of things hanging from their military syle uniforms. Shameful!!!

Well you could be right but why is it "obvious". I know a few DEA officers in Bangkok and they are committed and serious professionals, very highly regarded by the foreign police officers who often work there too.

Its just plain wrong to "assume" that every action taken by the police is extortion.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

This looks like a total set up to me. It is obvious that the police and the girls were working together to set this man up and extort money from him.

Why is it obvious?

you have a vivid immagination, you say its obvious and a set up, so it couldnt be that the guy is actually a drug dealer then.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Why is it obvious?

It really isn't, I was in a negative mood and posting a ridiculous theory to make light of all the Thai bashers, conspiracy fans that like to defend any Farang's actions, and take up crudgels against the local police and/or other authorities.

It won't happen again. My apologies..

From where i'm sitting it looks like someone has grassed up the English guy to get rid of him as competition.

The Colonel had received information

The quantities are hardly earth shattering are they.

Police found a selection of narcotics including 2g of Crystal Methamphetamine, 17g of Cocaine, some Marijuana, Syringes and Bank Books.

Maybe the local dealers didnt like an English upstart moving in on thier patch.

Testicles

The fact he ran for life means he had something worth running away for i.e a stash of drugs that would get him banged up for a long time.

At the end of the day, if any illegal drugs are in your life in LOS, you're asking for trouble, as we've seen over & over again!!!!

Probably easy money......until you get busted & then it's hard time!!!!

There are all too many rogues in Patts, hiding & on the run from their own countries and they need money somehow.............The sooner they're flushed out, the better for all the rest of us.........

Just my thoughts on the matter.....

Blunt.........

So many women, so little time!!!

The last place in the world any farang wants to end up is in a Thai prison. Hopefully, this is where this drug dealer will spend the rest of his days.

Just the 17g's of charlie are probably enough for a pretty stiff sentence no pun intended!!!! 5555 Run Forest Run!!!

pabannerscaled.jpg

Never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can sleep.

(Murphy's Law Of Combat)

if its true what is being reported then the man is a lunatic.there are plenty countries where he can deal his trade and get a slap on the rist but to do this in thailand is totally insane..everyone knows the penalty for dealing in thailand .only a pure mad man would do this there

No sympathy at all to his poor, hard and forthcoming future.

Reading it all again?

Took off and had collisions with pursuing cars.

If said car had hit and killed an innocent, hit a bike etc??

Shots were fired??

Stray shots someone??

We all know the lethal range of a hand gun is not just around a car or the end of a building.

He is crook....took off at speed... shots fired......done the 100yard dash into the woods?

No sign of a set-up to me, just did not want to be interviewed by the plod.

Immigration cards should have the same printed message as other S.E Asian countries.

"The Penalty For Drug Trafficing Is Death"

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

It's obvious this guy is screwed. One things for sure I wouldnt want to be in his shoes. I've come across people who smoke a little dope or whatever in patts. I always say no thanks and walk away.... I'm not going to risk my neck for somebody else's bad habits.

Some lessons are learned the hard way.... but a man in his 50's who lives there should know the consiquences!!