Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

BKK TO LHR Why so expensive ?

barforth

My girlfriend wants to come to the UK for an holiday, when I checked Thaiair the fare was approx. 1,000gbp, whereas for the same dates from LHR to BKK was 510gbp even EVA was about 300 more.

Does anyone know why it is so much more expensive from BKK or is there a way around this ?

Many thanks

hard to understand airline pricing. demand, exchange rates, length of trip, which day you are flying, etc all make a difference. Usually flights out of BKK are cheaper than most places as a general rule.

I had two friends flying from San Fransisco on the same flight to Tokyo, one got off in Tokyo and the other went on to BKK after connecting. The one that got off in Tokyo was 1000 USD more than the one with the extra flight to BKK.

Anyway try this site, it searches other sites for fares. If you book out a couple of weeks you should get a price of around 530gbp, Ethiad seems to be the choice these days. Try adjusting the days also, you might get a better fare

http://www.sidestep.com or http://www.sidestep.co.uk

Edited by mike_asia

I'd guess its about demand. I'd imagine there are significantly less people going BKK-XXX than XXX-BKK

So they can charge more for this.

I'd guess its about demand. I'd imagine there are significantly less people going BKK-XXX than XXX-BKK

I always go to Los on a single ticket...the return ticket is always cheaper :Chokdee3:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I always go to Los on a single ticket...the return ticket is always cheaper :Drunk_Party:

:GiveBeer1: Hope imigration dont stop and ask to see your ticket because you need a return ticket too enter thailand .Have seen it happen.

cheers chris :GiveBeer1:

Wriggley Tin 1

imy understanding was that you could enter thailand with a single ticket if you have a non imm 'o' visa-- im sure you can

:001_Sawasdee: Hope imigration dont stop and ask to see your ticket because you need a return ticket too enter thailand .Have seen it happen.

cheers chris :)

imy understanding was that you could enter thailand with a single ticket if you have a non imm 'o' visa-- im sure you can

actually eithad asked before i left home, once i showed them i had 3 month visa...no hassle...fly away son :GoldenSmile1:

sometimes i have an air asia ticket to cambodia if dont have a visa..all ok :Drunk_Party:

if you have a single ticket its the airlines responsibility to bring you back if thai emmagration refuse entry :22600584-Th:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Makes sense to me.

I have been searching for flight myself leaving Thailand to UK and think the best price is Gulf Air but for me I have decided to go with Emirates as it is a better company. Total cost to BKK - BHX - BKK 760 GBP.

kamagrauk.co.uk-banner-monthly-international-120x60.gif

use_opendns_155x52.gif

You do not need a return ticket to enter Thailand. A return ticket is required by the specific airline you have booked with.

If you travel with a visa then you do not require a return ticket.