Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

What's the best direct airline from UK to BKK - BA/QF/TG?

ali_c

Hi guys what would you prefer to choose if all 3 were the same price from London to Bangkok as I work for an airline and my tickets work the same on all 3 and have only ever been on BA so was wondering if anyone had experienced all and could let me know what would be better to go with (economy class that is)

thanks

ali_c

I've not flown with them for two or three years but BA & QF were similar in layout and service. TG had a greater seat pitch. The in flight TV in all 3 was very poor compared to the modern on demand systems. Don't forget Eva Air also fly direct, I have not flown with them but have heard good reports. If you have the time and choice I would try Ethhad. Also consider Emirates if you stick to their A380's. Avoid the 777's as they are extremely cramped.

Hi guys what would you prefer to choose if all 3 were the same price from London to Bangkok as I work for an airline and my tickets work the same on all 3 and have only ever been on BA so was wondering if anyone had experienced all and could let me know what would be better to go with (economy class that is)

thanks

ali_c

As you have already said they are all the same price and that it is limited to those 3 I would go economy with BA everytime....Just ignore the ignorant bitches serving you..smile and drink your wine ( ask for two or three bottles a time and stack em in the pouch in front of you...!!!

EVA Air is the best airline flying direct outta LHR at the moment, but maybe you only name those 3 airlines because of the embargo if that's the case then TG would be the best choice of the 3.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

I always fly Thai, the food is great and the air hostesses are always cute and friendly! Made friends with one on my last trip when she asked me to go with her to the back of the plane to ask some british hooligans to quieten down.

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

Yeh, erm, sorry about that...

Anyway, EVA are good albeit quite difficult to get a low price.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

Had to fly BA to Thailand once because of price and times available had not used them for many years on other routes because of food/ attitude seats treatment etc. if anything they were even worst they regularily come very low on any website reviews compared with other airlines main asian airlines are amongst best in world Thai sorry to say are not what they were as others improve they remain the same but of your 3 its got to be thai every time

Hi there

I have flown all of them and also eva as well my experiences of them are BA & QF ok but grossly overpriced these days and the cabin crews are quite formal and not the friendliest......T.G old aircraft no monitors on the back of the seats.... In flight entertainment lasted about 2 hours then all the crew in our section apart from the galley went to bed not to be seen until just over an hour before we landed so if you wanted a drink you had to go to the galley where the two crew there were cold and unfriendly.

The first time i used them i simply put it down to a bad crew as these things do happen sometimes but the following year same again...On both occasions this only happend on the outbound flights with the inbound ones being a fair bit better apart from the in flight entertainment which again was pretty dire.

The only plus was at the time they were fairly well priced although they have gone up since then and i can understand why they have not updated their cabins as they are waiting for the delivery of their new a380s but this wont take place till 2011 at least....Maybe we were just unlucky but on my experiences with them i wouldnt recommend them unless you get a very good price.

This brings me to eva although i havent used them for 4 years i flew with them 3 years on the bounce and were spot on in every aspect so out of the direct flights they have been the best for me IMHO

Out of the indirect ones i havent flew with either but emirates and ethiad always get get a lot of good reviews and i flew with cathay pacific last year as i got a very good deal with them with a 2 hour stop over in hong kong outbound and 3 and a half inbound ok it takes a bit longer but they were brilliant in all aspects.

Hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

I have used BA, Thai and Eva. If they were all the same price I would choose BA for best all round service and safety record. Thai has perhaps best food and drink service but very poor in flight entertainment on the old 747's from LHR to BKK. BA has best IFE system. Eva is Ok, has good IFE although food and drink were not quite as good as the other 2.

Generally though, BA are usually most expensive by £50 -100 and I have usually gone with Thai or Eva for price reasons. I bring a laptop or DVD player for the Thai flights so I can watch a movie.

One final point which may be a factor. The EVA flights returns midday from BKK, arriving 1930 at LHR and I have found this most convenient return time, instead of the overnight flight.