IGNORED

Email tracking ?

chivas

I need to send an ordinary email to a receipient but I do not not want the receiver to know its from me.

The email is not threatening,criminal or anything like that.

Is my best option to simply open a new yahoo or gmail account and then send the email from an internet cafe etc or is there a better way ??

Thanks

The question is, what possibilities to check had the receiver.

When you send the e-mail to the police is the best you create a "throw away email address" and go to the Internet cafe.

But then you can not become an answer.

When you send to a normal person,

- install the FireFox with the TOR anon system (like xB Browser)

- create a e-mail address (like yahoo.com).

Then you make an anon connection to yahoo and create the email-address and send the email.

For checking a answer you must connect with an anon connection your Yahoo account.

http://www.sharpmail.co.uk/

go to this website.....

very good at sending anonymous emails... you can even use any, yes any choosen address... send emails from anyone or company....

whats even more when they reply you get the reply direct to ur email account...

The question is, what possibilities to check had the receiver.

When you send the e-mail to the police is the best you create a "throw away email address" and go to the Internet cafe.

But then you can not become an answer.

When you send to a normal person,

- install the FireFox with the TOR anon system (like xB Browser)

- create a e-mail address (like yahoo.com).

Then you make an anon connection to yahoo and create the email-address and send the email.

For checking a answer you must connect with an anon connection your Yahoo account.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that-on your first option which is fine for me and virtually exactly what I need but whats to stop me reading any reply again at an internet cafe should I want to ??

An apology if what I ask appears to be obvious to others !!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that-on your first option which is fine for me and virtually exactly what I need but whats to stop me reading any reply again at an internet cafe should I want to ??

An apology if what I ask appears to be obvious to others !!

nothing at all , you could even set up the temp email addy to forward all emails to your own email addy or any other for that matter ,

Just set up a gmail account, it doesn't show location information.

Doesn't it send the persons IP as with all other email accounts?

Depends on what your reasons are and how sophisticated your recipient is.

If you just want to fool a BG into thinking that you are someone else, then you can just change to "from" address in your email client. If you just need a relatively anonymous email, then as others suggested, sign up for a free gmail or something. If you are sending to a computer-illiterate person, then that will work just fine.

If you really need true anonymity (like for something law-enforcement related), then best do some research before you screw around with this. If you're asking the question in a forum like this, then you probably aren't knowledgeable enough to keep from getting burned. Be careful.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Just remember the more techniques you use to try and hide your location, IP address etc, the more your email is likely to be treated as spam. My suggestion to:

1. Create a gmail account.

2. Use an Internet Cafe.

3. Use a internet proxy to access gmail. (to hide country).

Hope this helps.

Like everything though if your doing something illegal, you'll get busted.