IGNORED

Bungalow in Pattaya - near the beach

Deris

Hey guys I'm looking for a bungalow in Pattaya, near the beach. I'm having problems finding a place online. I would like a link to the place or at least a contact number or name. If anyone stayed there please tell me your impressions.

Deris

Hey guys I'm looking for a bungalow in Pattaya, near the beach. I'm having problems finding a place online. I would like a link to the place or at least a contact number or name. If anyone stayed there please tell me your impressions.

to be honest i doubt you will find one close at all really as the main areas around the beach are condos and bars and shops but i guess it depends on what you class as near to the beach ie 3 or 5 mins walk or 3 or 5 mins drive etc etc

you have a better chance of geting 1 close to the beach in Jomtien

do you want this cos of a wheelchair by any chance ?

If your looking for a beach experience with a bungalow then I'd fit a sidetrip into your holiday. Koh Samed or Koh Chang are pretty close to Pattaya and there are plenty of bungalows to choose from.

I guess I don't have to have a bungalow, someone told me there were some nice ones over there but that info is about 20 years old so I thought I'd check. I have a lot of old military friends. I need a nice hotel then. Not to far, 5 min walk, from the beach. I hear the beaches there are very nice. I will be there with friends, 1 or 2. Hopefully it's a guys only weekend(as we are all married with wives in tow). They are supposed to stay in the Petchaboon area, we'll see. I need a place that the family can hang out at but close enough to check on a few bars at night.

Deris

You may need to update your info, or change its source

For a start the words "Pattaya" and "nice beaches" dont belong in the same library, let alone same sentence

Long way to travel for a "guys only weekend" as well ;)

You will be suprised at the cost of stuff compared to Phetchabun

Hedonist

Edited by hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

I guess I don't have to have a bungalow, someone told me there were some nice ones over there but that info is about 20 years old so I thought I'd check. I have a lot of old military friends. I need a nice hotel then. Not to far, 5 min walk, from the beach. I hear the beaches there are very nice. I will be there with friends, 1 or 2. Hopefully it's a guys only weekend(as we are all married with wives in tow). They are supposed to stay in the Petchaboon area, we'll see. I need a place that the family can hang out at but close enough to check on a few bars at night.

man your way way way wrong and off track

the beach is about 3 or 4 metres wide is full of deckchairs and you got to risk life and limb to get over beach road to get to it and then fight your way past the couple of hundred freelance hookers , the beach such as it is is 1 of the worst i have ever seen and im from the UK LOL and as for the sea well i sure as hell wouldnt swim in it even if i could get to it

if there are a few of you then a villa or private house rental may well be as cheap for you to do instead of 2 or 3 hotel rooms and some even include car hire as part of the deal or price , if you want a more family friendly beach then you need to drop down south a bit in my opinion to around Jomtien or the area between Pattaya and Jomtien

there is at least company offering private villa or house rentals on this forum who you could look at and you could do a lot worse than spend a couple of hours on google.com to find out more up to date info on this area

Edited by merlin99

The beach area of Nakua is much cleaner, and less populated, than Pattaya beach.

Why not get a room in Pattaya for a night or two, and take a look around?

There are lots of vacancies.

Thanks for the advice. I personally haven't been to Thailand in well over 12 years. I guess I'll just play it by ear. If the family tags along I'll try to get us into a nice beach area somewhere, if not then it may be a wild party in where ever I end up.

Deris

i think you could try Cabbages and Condoms on Pratamnak hill, soi 4. e-mail: [email protected] It has its own beach ,big pool and tropical garden, really nice.I was there a couple of times, ate in their restaurant. Accommodation in thai style bungalows. But it is pricy, something around 3-4 th per day. Also you can try Rabbit hotel on Dongtang beach, it offers bungalos as well,a bit cheaper i think

http://www.rabbitresort.com/

Well what else..i know one very decent bungalo type tiny hotel on Asia Pattaya beach (which is the best beach in Patts for sure), it's located RIGHT on the beach but as i lost its card and can't recall its name it doesn't count.. Still if you happen to be on Asia Pattaya beach spare 5 minutes to find it, just for futher vacations, it's really nice, i checked rates in 2008,it was from 1500 and up. Without pool though.

All those places are quiet and peaceful but relatively not far from city center

Another bungalo hotel on far Jomtien is Natural park hotel

http://www.naturalparkresort.com/

I had stayed there for 2 weeks 2 years ago, it was ok but now seem's been renovated and got more luxurious

Minus : it's far ,really far, and beach across the road may detract too

I may just have to find a a nice hotel room on soi 8 or close to the Walking Street. Argh.... I guess I'll just have to wait till I get there, walk around and find a hotel. All the choices I'm finding online are making me crazy. I feel like a 3 year old in a candy store, I don't know what isle of the store to go to ....

Edited by Deris

Deris

How is the Sunshine hotel & Residences? It is a recomended location on the addicts hotel list but has anyone stayed there recently? The price is right and the reviews I see are very good, may have to go for the deluxe room.

Deris

dude...this would be perfect for you...i can highly recommend:

www.secretspattaya.com/villa

check out the villa, sweet deal and very private pool...not too far from the beach via car or scooter.

cheers, alex

Looks nice but may push my budget to much. I think i'm giving up on the bungalow. It was something my wife mentioned, she's Thai, but she won't be there so.........

Deris

Looks nice but may push my budget to much. I think i'm giving up on the bungalow. It was something my wife mentioned, she's Thai, but she won't be there so.........

check out Twin Palms resort on the Beach road near soi 5. It's cheap and decent, has very nice pool and location. On second thougt, if you go alone you should look for guest friendly hotel..if you don't want to overpay 300-500b for LT partner. Hardly Sunshine hotel & Residences is guest friendly..

check out Twin Palms resort on the Beach road near soi 5. It's cheap and decent, has very nice pool and location. On second thougt, if you go alone you should look for guest friendly hotel..if you don't want to overpay 300-500b for LT partner. Hardly Sunshine Hotel & Residences is guest friendly..

So Sunshine is not guest friendly?

I've deiced to find a hotel for 1200-1600 baut per day for a delux room. I need one thats guest friendly though.

{Agoda does not list Twin Palms, or I just don't see it.}

Man I'm such a pain in the ass huh? I just need a few suggestions for a nice room that is guest friendly.

Edited by Deris

Deris

So Sunshine is not guest friendly?

I've deiced to find a hotel for 1200-1600 baut per day for a delux room. I need one thats guest friendly though.

{Agoda does not list Twin Palms, or I just don't see it.}

Man I'm such a pain in the ass huh? I just need a few suggestions for a nice room that is guest friendly.

Well, based on your demands, i think Sunshine will suit you fine for its location and rates. Just PM them and make sure about their guest policy. Why i doubt about this , b'coz all big hotels in Pattaya ask for guestfine, but maybe Sunshine is an exception ..

See this is the skinny. I will have my wifes 2 thai borothers with me. Now I will either have to look and not touch while they are around then try to sneak out late or get them some girls too. I think getting a few girls that speak english as translators might work. So I'll have to get them a room too, therefor my price range is limited. I may have to pay for 3 over 2-3 days. ... ... that would be a weeks worth of fun. All the time my wife and daughter will be staying in a hotel back in the Pechaboon province. So you see I'll be bleeding money for at that time.

Deris

See this is the skinny. I will have my wifes 2 thai borothers with me. Now I will either have to look and not touch while they are around then try to sneak out late or get them some girls too. I think getting a few girls that speak english as translators might work. So I'll have to get them a room too, therefor my price range is limited. I may have to pay for 3 over 2-3 days. ... ... that would be a weeks worth of fun. All the time my wife and daughter will be staying in a hotel back in the Pechaboon province. So you see I'll be bleeding money for at that time.

yes..a bit tricky . Farang always pay..Well, if i were you i would think about something very cheap and basic, like Apex hotel or any of Sawadee hotels. Many Thais on travel stay in Sawadee, so it would be just fine for your thai mates. But if i get you right after 2-3 days your companions will leave you ? So you can indulge yourself in every whim when you stay on your own, and move to another, more decent hotel . By the way, this one located on soi 8 seems good

http://www.flippergroup.com/flipper_lodge/index.html

why dont you try the areca lodge only 5 min from the beach

Do you have a link ? I'll check and see what I can find.

Deris

dude...just hang with your wife n daughter and forget about the mongering...thats my advice.

Cheers, alex

Do you have a link ? I'll check and see what I can find.

just cick on addicts hotels top of page

dude...just hang with your wife n daughter and forget about the mongering...thats my advice.

Cheers, alex

That's probably what will happen anyway. I will go to Pattaya because her brother really wants to go but I may bring the wife and daughter to stay at the beach just south of Pattaya. I will walk around, hopefully meet some of the guys from the board, have a few beers and perhaps pat a girl on the ass. Then head back to the hotel to my wife.

...unless she dosen't come then it's just me and her brother...My wife wants me to take him there.... What is a guy to do??? :P

Deris