IGNORED

Kasikorn K-Biz - change language

Kandinski

Since Kasikorn change personal banking from K-Cyper to K-Biz I have not been able to use my computor for banking as the page will open in Thai only and I havent so far been able to locate a change to English function

Ive been in contact with customer service a few times and their , identical, reply is :

According to your inquiry regarding to change the language on K BIZ service, to change the language for K BIZ, you are required to change the language on the login page (the page that you press your User ID and password). When you are in the login page, you can change the language on the left hand side on the top to “EN”. We truly apologize for inconvenience.”

Everything works fine until the login page but after lock in I cant find anywhere to change language. Anyone else had same problem and know how to fix?

image.png.d508bb5ddd8e82aab0d74d742b39b69c.png

Hope this helps

Oops it seems that on the log in page you may have to change to English again

image.thumb.png.032014f4abbd927530daae65aceee922.png

As I had this issue previously, now I have saved the Kasikorn bank English log in page as a favourite

22 hours ago, kd_traveller said:

image.png.d508bb5ddd8e82aab0d74d742b39b69c.png

Hope this helps

Oops it seems that on the log in page you may have to change to English again

image.thumb.png.032014f4abbd927530daae65aceee922.png

As I had this issue previously, now I have saved the Kasikorn bank English log in page as a favourite

Unfortunately not😢 

To the best of my knowledge I've tried any possible combination of language setting whereever I've came across the function, even opened everything (in Thai) after login.

Have had 3-4 mail bouncing back and forth with customer service and they are suggesting same procedure as you but referring to the language button being on the left side on the screen (which is consistent with login on a phone) while the language function is on my right side of the monitor (as shown on your screen dump) which makes me wonder if customer service actually understands my question.

BTW, reason for raising the question was I've changed my mobil phone and the Thai bank apps can only be activated when within reach of a Thai mobil network. Back in a couple of weeks and can easily live with login to the web solution .....and spend some of the waiting having fun with Kasikorn customer service 

Thx for reply😀

23 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Unfortunately not😢 

To the best of my knowledge I've tried any possible combination of language setting whereever I've came across the function, even opened everything (in Thai) after login.

Have had 3-4 mail bouncing back and forth with customer service and they are suggesting same procedure as you but referring to the language button being on the left side on the screen (which is consistent with login on a phone) while the language function is on my right side of the monitor (as shown on your screen dump) which makes me wonder if customer service actually understands my question.

BTW, reason for raising the question was I've changed my mobil phone and the Thai bank apps can only be activated when within reach of a Thai mobil network. Back in a couple of weeks and can easily live with login to the web solution .....and spend some of the waiting having fun with Kasikorn customer service 

Thx for reply😀

It looks like @kd_traveller's post is for the mobile app, not the website via a browser which I believe is where you've encountered the Thai language issue. Here's a cut and paste of a post I made on the issue on another forum. Hope this helps you.
---------------

Several months ago Kasikorn did a fancy upgrade to their website. After the upgrade when I logged back on the default language was Thai and I could find no option to change the language to English. As I only use the site to pay my monthly internet bill I just used Chrome's translate to English function and carried on.

Today I had some free time so began the hunt once again for the option to change the language, thinking surely the Thai programmers couldn't be that daft as to leave the language selection option out of their fancy redesign. Finally in frustration I gave up and asked Mr. Google for help. That led me to a reddit post that gave me the answer I sought.

The daft programmers did in fact neglect to include change language as an option AFTER you log on. Instead you have to change it BEFORE you log on.

That's a really poor design decision as there are probably very, very few users that would catch the option to change the language on the log on screen. Not only is that not industry standard, but our eyes are drawn to the user ID/password fields and the drop down language selection option in the upper left corner is easily overlooked.

Annoying doesn't even begin to describe what I think of Thai programmers.

image.jpeg.7dd3ed5fe5271ce261b8f7b9570be31f.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

😢 ........the Thai bank apps can only be activated when within reach of a Thai mobil network........

So one cannot use the app outside of Thailand basically, even using eg AIS  roaming and VPN?

But can still use the PC option from anywhere?

6 hours ago, Edge said:

So one cannot use the app outside of Thailand basically

I have SCB App on my phone (activated in Thailand) and have no problem to use it outside of Thailand. Thai SIM is turned off btw. There is no difference if I use it with my home wifi or my local sim card. I used the app from outside Thailand  to pay hotel Bills / Deposits for Thai Holidays and to top up my AIS SIM. Highest bill was around 40k Baht.  

10 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

I have SCB App on my phone (activated in Thailand) and have no problem to use it outside of Thailand. Thai SIM is turned off btw. There is no difference if I use it with my home wifi or my local sim card. I used the app from outside Thailand  to pay hotel Bills / Deposits for Thai Holidays and to top up my AIS SIM. Highest bill was around 40k Baht.  

Thanks.

The QR scan option doesn't work right?
Or didn't in Cambodia or Malaysia anyway.

7 minutes ago, Edge said:

Thanks.

Or didn't in Cambodia or Malaysia anyway.

Even though the app can be used anywhere in the world using the internet, the scan/QR function is only available in Thailand at the moment, but I believe it maybe possible soon in a few other countries around Asia, with reciprocal rights through bank hookups. Cambodia is going to be the first country I think.

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Do you mean the square thingy you scan? I am not 100% sure, but the hotel Bill was a payment link that most probably had that scan option. I did that payment in April this year from Switzerland. As I do all online payments at home with scan option, I am sure I did this too if it was offered to me. And I would remember if it would have been declined. 

I tried that payment link again, but it just tells me that it already has been paid. 

40 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

Do you mean the square thingy you scan? I am not 100% sure, but the hotel Bill was a payment link that most probably had that scan option. I did that payment in April this year from Switzerland. As I do all online payments at home with scan option, I am sure I did this too if it was offered to me. And I would remember if it would have been declined. 

I tried that payment link again, but it just tells me that it already has been paid. 

The app works but it cannot decipher the QR code (yes the square thing) for PromptPay.

As thainet  said, it should be coming soon...I read Cambodia and Malaysia for sure.....the banks already signed up to it but maybe figuring out how....and maybe if they can charge for it.  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It looks like @kd_traveller's post is for the mobile app, not the website via a browser which I believe is where you've encountered the Thai language issue. Here's a cut and paste of a post I made on the issue on another forum. Hope this helps you.
---------------

Several months ago Kasikorn did a fancy upgrade to their website. After the upgrade when I logged back on the default language was Thai and I could find no option to change the language to English. As I only use the site to pay my monthly internet bill I just used Chrome's translate to English function and carried on.

Today I had some free time so began the hunt once again for the option to change the language, thinking surely the Thai programmers couldn't be that daft as to leave the language selection option out of their fancy redesign. Finally in frustration I gave up and asked Mr. Google for help. That led me to a reddit post that gave me the answer I sought.

The daft programmers did in fact neglect to include change language as an option AFTER you log on. Instead you have to change it BEFORE you log on.

That's a really poor design decision as there are probably very, very few users that would catch the option to change the language on the log on screen. Not only is that not industry standard, but our eyes are drawn to the user ID/password fields and the drop down language selection option in the upper left corner is easily overlooked.

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

---------------

You right, it's the desktop site that's a challange. Been using that version for more than a decade and aware of where to change language but regardless have still not succeeded to open banking page in English. 

The way around when app is not available is to login to Kasikorn Web where banking actually open in English. Not a big deal, just slightly annoying 

3 hours ago, Edge said:

So one cannot use the app outside of Thailand basically, even using eg AIS  roaming and VPN?

3 hours ago, Edge said:

Oh yeah, the app can be used worldwide when it's activated. My problem is I had a new phone forgot all? Thai banking app has to be activated on the mobil data network from a Thai provider. Guess its the big brother watching you philosophy 😏 

25 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

You right, it's the desktop site that's a challange. Been using that version for more than a decade and aware of where to change language but regardless have still not succeeded to open banking page in English. 

The way around when app is not available is to login to Kasikorn Web where banking actually open in English. Not a big deal, just slightly annoying 

I think I see where the confusion may be happening on my end. You're probably changing the language on the main Kasikorn page when I thought you were referring to the login page.

Intuitively one would think the selection of a language on one page would be remembered and used on clicking through to any of the site's other pages. That's not the case with K bank. When you click on the link to the login page you have to again select the language, which is a drop down menu selection in the upper left corner.

Once you've done that, then bookmark the page so you don't have to go through that nonsense again.

I'll save you the trouble of having to go through through the additional language selection step. Just click on and bookmark the link below.

https://kbiz.kasikornbank.com/authen/login.jsp?lang=en

image.png.7510fde375f11c365096543ba2492dd5.png

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I think I see where the confusion may be happening on my end. You're probably changing the language on the main Kasikorn page when I thought you were referring to the login page.

image.png.7510fde375f11c365096543ba2492dd5.png

Despite I'm  100% sure language is set to English, both on Kasikorn homepage and in the login picture, banking page still opens in Thai when using a desktop. Not a big issue after I learned banking works fine and in English when using the phone, its  just annoying. 

One of these days, and if bored, I'll call customer service but don't really expect there will be a solution untill I drag a laptop to a Kasikorn branch and show them there is likely a bug in the system; there's or mine.

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It looks like @kd_traveller's post is for the mobile app

Not a mobile app, only on a Laptop, never used the app!

15 hours ago, Kandinski said:

Despite I'm  100% sure language is set to English, both on Kasikorn homepage and in the login picture, banking page still opens in Thai when using a desktop. Not a big issue after I learned banking works fine and in English when using the phone, its  just annoying. 

One of these days, and if bored, I'll call customer service but don't really expect there will be a solution untill I drag a laptop to a Kasikorn branch and show them there is likely a bug in the system; there's or mine.

It worked for me on my computer using Chrome browser. Made sure i saved the login page in English for future use. Now only need to find a way to save the login name and passwords. 

Taoism: sh*t happens

Buddhism: if sh*t happens, it isn't really sh*t

Islam: if sh*t happens, it is the will of Allah

Catholicism: if sh*t happens, you deserve it

Judaism: why does this sh*t always happen to us?

Atheism: I don't believe this sh*t

4 hours ago, DP Gumbypgh said:

It worked for me on my computer using Chrome browser. Made sure i saved the login page in English for future use. Now only need to find a way to save the login name and passwords. 

Hmm, I'm using Firefox and will most certainly try if problem can be solved by changing in browser. Thx for the tips

On 02/05/2024 at 20:25, Kandinski said:

Oh yeah, the app can be used worldwide when it's activated. My problem is I had a new phone forgot all? Thai banking app has to be activated on the mobil data network from a Thai provider. Guess its the big brother watching you philosophy 😏 

Help please anyone....

Still in Thailand trying to see what is possible on the K+ App...tried International Transfer.

Maybe I do wrong but.....it forced me to tick that the source was from working in Thailand.....the bottom line was that to send 100 quid to UK was 4650 Baht and the Transaction Fee was 1080...I cancelled.

6 hours ago, Edge said:

tried International Transfer.

https://www.deemoney.com/

I do not have experiance with them. However I heard they are good to get your money out of TH. No Idea what they charge but sure as hell less then 1080.

8 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

https://www.deemoney.com/

I do not have experiance with them. However I heard they are good to get your money out of TH. No Idea what they charge but sure as hell less then 1080.

Thanks, just about to give them a try.

Headline exchange good but fees not visible yet.

Btw that K+ fee might be fixed so I'll try a higher amount...