Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Water tank empty daily, no visible water leaking anywhere

how122255

Hello,  looking for some help please.  I am living in a townhouse on the darkside. Very recently the water tank is empty almost daily.  I don't see any wetness anywhere or any signs of water leakage.  Any thoughts ?  Thanks for any suggestions. 

Are you in a village with a central water well (pay water bill to the village center and not to PWA / Provisional water authority)? 

Basically it is not topping up from the well or from the water authority notably due to Songkran and the trillions of gallons wasted. Should rectify soon, however you can also get water delivered by truck. Ask your village, neighbours, local shop or even the local swimming pool compnay for a water deliver by truck and they will top your tank full to the brim. A company like this; 

https://www.facebook.com/people/รถน้ำพัทยา-บ่อน้ำจืดพัทยา-0868250811/100064642781822/

https://www.facebook.com/people/รถน้ำพัทยา-ศุภชัยน้ำจืด-0926272298-0819736680/100068528958492/?mibextid=LQQJ4d

https://www.pattayawater.com/

https://www.facebook.com/รถน้ำพัทยาบอลน้ำจืด-1485945278391561/

AF1QipMDGS81jFwJ8U5hkYXbcyOfNrB9GlXSg331pO1l=w426-h240-k-no

All comes from the Water center in Mabprachan so no different to the stuff from the tap. Cost 200-300 baht? Something like that for 1000 litres. 

Edited by Hamchang

There is no problem with the water supply, coming to the house,  refiling the tank.  If I turn of this water supply,  the tank will soon be empty.  As if it is leaking out but no water is anywhere to be seen.  It is dry everywhere around the water tank and the patio.  I am in Parkrungeng, off soi Khao Talo.  I pay my monthly water bill to a small private post office type shop.

Well sad to say that you have a pipe leak underground somewhere. Either between the tank and pump, or between the pump and the house tap/bathroom/kitchen tap inlets.

If the water disappears and the pump does not run, then the leak is between the tank outlet and the pump inlet (supposedly this piping is underground).

Hope this helps.

Edited by thainet

Check all the WC cisterns that none are not stuck on 'filling' and overflow running internally down the toilet bowl

1 minute ago, regyai said:

Check all the WC cisterns that none are not stuck on 'filling' and overflow running internally down the toilet bowl

Good point, but then the pump would be running (probably intermittently), which the OP should notice.

If piping is buried best advise will be a plumber!

Leak could very well be under the house making the issue time critical

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Hamchang said:

due to Songkran and the trillions of gallons wasted.

Hard to waste water as it just goes somewhere else. I often think of Songkran water fest as just jump starting rainy season.

As others have posted, strong possibility you're dealing with an leak in one of the underground pipes into your house.

Happened to me a couple of years back. The pipe that had a slow leak ran under my driveway. I didn't notice anything amiss until the ground got saturated and the driveway payment started looking damp. The city water supply was quite happy to keep my water tank topped up while underground the water slowly leaked away. Must have been leaking close to a month before I noticed and fixed the problem.

That month's water bill was around 7,700B when the normal bill is around 100B. Ouch!

There is not usually an easy way to fix this.

Isolate the  pipe from the tank to the pump / house / garden or whatever, If the water disappears, the leak is in the tank.

If you know where the water delivery pipe ( from the tank ) is situated, expose it at key locations ( typically outside the kitchen and bathroom(s). Fit an isolation valve on the line that goes into the house ( say, the kitchen ) then fit another on the continuation of the supply line ( to, say, the bathroom ), etc. Turn all of these valves off. If the water disappears from the tank, the problem is in the line between the tank and the house. If the water stays in the tank, open the valves progressively moving away from the tank. When the water starts disappearing, the problem is in the last section of line that was opened. Expose that section of pipe, find and fix.

The volume of water that can be consumed by a garden is astounding. Had a client with a leak in his garden ( buried water pipe that was on a pumped supply ), approximately 1,500 Litres of water an hour was being lost - but no evidence of a damp patch. Fortunately, he was on a deep water borehole pump, powered by Solar roof panels, so he didn't suffer a huge electrical or water bill. The give-away was that the pump that normally ran occasionally, was running constantly.

Usually the "fix" is far easier than the "find" in these situations.

Best of luck.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jetdoc said:

Hard to waste water as it just goes somewhere else

Goes out to sea turning potable water into salt water. 

Thanks to all poster for their help and suggestions.  I have a lot to check out.  I appreciate the help.

16 hours ago, how122255 said:

There is no problem with the water supply, coming to the house,  refiling the tank.  If I turn of this water supply,  the tank will soon be empty.  As if it is leaking out but no water is anywhere to be seen.  It is dry everywhere around the water tank and the patio.  I am in Parkrungeng, off soi Khao Talo.  I pay my monthly water bill to a small private post office type shop.

You cut pasted the same answer from Asean forum lol 

I can't recall the village - is the house like the town houses in Eakmongkol where there is a tiled car port with a gate, and no garden, houses joined three sides with the water tank at the front?  Water pump next to the tank? If there was a leak after the pump, as others said the pump would be non stop on and off.. 

41 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

You cut pasted the same answer from Asean forum lol 

Yes,  you are correct.  I posted the same thread in 2 forums, hoping to get more replies.

43 minutes ago, Hamchang said:

I can't recall the village - is the house like the town houses in Eakmongkol where there is a tiled car port with a gate, and no garden, houses joined three sides with the water tank at the front?  Water pump next to the tank? If there was a leak after the pump, as others said the pump would be non stop on and off.. 

This sounds correct but being my townhouse is the last one on that soi I am only joined on one side and the back.  The blue plastic tank sits inside the tiled patio,  with the water pump right next to the tank.  For some odd reason,  it seems to be better today and not losing water.  Maybe the 'water ghosts'  have had their fill. Thanks

5 minutes ago, how122255 said:

For some odd reason,  it seems to be better today and not losing water.  Maybe the 'water ghosts'  have had their fill. Thanks

... or Songkran is over long enough for the supplies to be restored :wink: 

6 hours ago, Hamchang said:

Goes out to sea turning potable water into salt water. 

Keep hearing the rising sea water is due to polar ice melting, but hey, maybe it's just a Songkran thing ;o)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, how122255 said:

Maybe the 'water ghosts'  have had their fill. Thanks

If you  mention that theory to your missus disappearing water will be a drop in the ocean compared to the tsunami building😋