Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Instant noodle quality differentials

lixianan

I saw a post on reddit the other day about mama noodles, something about how at hotpots people kept repeating the name when they put the noodles in the broth. Didn't think much on it, but I was up and about at 330 am today with nothing to do, so wandered down to 711 for some breakfast, saw the mama branded noodles on the shelf, and thought, "why not?"

Anyway, 15 minutes later and I feel like my life has been a lie up to this point. Why are the instant noodles in the UK so shit comparatively?! I've always heard about people in college living on instant noodles and thought they must hate it, but these were fantastic, I might go buy some more.

My TGF freakin' LOVES them!

Gotta admit, the green curry favored one she ate in the hotel room smelled fantastic.

I'll tell you, the noodles in the USA aren't any better than those in the UK. Ha!

I never ate instant noodles until I moved to SEA, and it was a completely different experience in this part of the world. I've tried most of the Thai ones, which are pretty good, but the best in the region IMO are the Malaysian Maggi Kari Noodles.

Soup noodles with a slight spice kick and full of flavor. I make mine with greens, tomatoes, egg, and pork, and it actually makes a delicious quick meal.

Even though I'm not in Malaysia, I still order these online to have a few on hand when I need a quick meal. I recommend them to any noodle enthusiast.

Lazada Example

image.thumb.jpeg.8750df0927f5675fef1b462af4a9415c.jpeg

We both love Mama, and also Shin Ramyun from Korea. 

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdGAwpFgv_dY5l1yEaV

Try adding cut up hotdogs, tofu, or canned Tuna, stirring an uncooked egg into the boiling goodies, and, in the case of the Korean noodles, kimchi.  Try adding less than their recommended amount of water for extra kick.  You can also boil and drain the noodles, then transfer to a frying pan and add the spice packs and other goodies in there while stir-frying.  Great, quick snack after a night on the lash!  :Beer:

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

In SEA instant noodles are part of nearly everyone's diet, and are surprisingly healthy.

It is a cut throat market with very low margins, but it generates a US$ 50 billion market in Asia alone.

If the Asian companies produced the same crappy products that are widely available in the UK /US they would be out of business within weeks.

https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/instant-noodles-market-101452

• Like 2

The Japanese invented it (Nissin), the Koreans(Nongshim) made it better and the Indonesians (Indomie) run an empire selling it World wide. 

The Swiss entered the market(Maggie) in the 1960s shortly after the  Japanese. via the parent company Nestle but never realised its potential and focused on the other key food items which were not noodles. As kid growing up I remember Maggie not the other brands then. 

You should see overseas Chinese students studying in OZ universities. They buy the noodles in boxes, not individual packets. It is indeed affordable and filling but the nutritional value is low.

Indonesians and many other Asians and Africans use the noddles ( usually fry it or soup) and add other wholesome ingredients such as veg, meat and make a good nutritional mea. 

The best instant noodles that I tasted was on flight back to OZ on SIA. Was in Business class and saw instant noodles as one of the items that can be asked outside of meal times. 

I asked for it and it came in soul bowl with veg and some meat added. It tasted very nice. The Aussies chap next to me, covered in blanket and who asked for a “don’t disturb sticker (night flight), smelled and changed his mind and ask for a bowl as well. 

image.png.a2535cd7cef36315cb0c1c6b914ab023.pngimage.png.e8a210f7f80b1e67758701ecff44d4af.png  image.png.8c5e7487cee0ebf322d6c1c526b56a65.png

image.png.c99f239fff28bc6d913d0dbe9a8fd817.png

Edited by Joeleg

1 hour ago, ICanand IWill said:

In SEA instant noodles are part of nearly everyone's diet, and are surprisingly healthy.

It is a cut throat market with very low margins, but it generates a US$ 50 billion market in Asia alone.

If the Asian companies produced the same crappy products that are widely available in the UK /US they would be out of business within weeks.

https://www.fortunebusinessinsights.com/industry-reports/instant-noodles-market-101452

It is not part of Asian diet. It is consumed like a snack food or when an individual is feeling hungry between meals.

Asians have a very rich and extensive culinary cuisine. You see it in Chinese, Japanese, Indian restaurants etc. None of these serve instant noodles. In Asian homes, instant noodles are never served at family meal times. It is not even part of their main diet. 

Mostly used by students on a tight budget and night workers when most places are closed. 

In Europe and North America they are widely available in Asian grocers and even in mainstream super markets. It is taken more of a filler in between meals on some occasions. 

Using an analogy of beer and condoms. They are available extensively in convenience stores, patrol stations, supermarkets etc. It does not mean they consumed and used by the general population but certainly an essential item.

Edited by Joeleg