Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Baht bus route in jomtien

Luvulongtime

Have they changed the baht bus route in jomtien in recent times and is it going to be permanent? Are the buses now going south on beach road but traveling north on second road? Thank you

5 minutes ago, Luvulongtime said:

Have they changed the baht bus route in jomtien in recent times and is it going to be permanent? Are the buses now going south on beach road but traveling north on second road? Thank you

yes correct (but also South on Second Rd also)

Edited by thainet

17 minutes ago, thainet said:

yes correct (but also South on Second Rd also)

Thank you. So the buses now go South and North on both Beach Road and Second Road? Or is it just both ways on Second Road? And is this likely a permanent thing? 

2 minutes ago, Luvulongtime said:

Thank you. So the buses now go South and North on both Beach Road and Second Road? Or is it just both ways on Second Road? And is this likely a permanent thing? 

I'm condo hunting see. Having buses going along second road permanently would really make me open to considering more places. Thanks. 

53 minutes ago, Luvulongtime said:

I'm condo hunting see. Having buses going along second road permanently would really make me open to considering more places. Thanks. 

It’s temporary while they do work on Beach Road. Either drainage or water?? These projects tend to be very slow BUT I’d expect the baht buses to go back to only using Beach Road once it’s completed.

I fully understand your question. I won’t consider staying east of second road because of this - even though Bolt is cheap now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

5 hours ago, Luvulongtime said:

Only south on Beach Rd from Dongtan police box down to Chaiyapruek.

Both ways on 2nd Rd and no Beach Rd is not going to be permanent one way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Luvulongtime said:

Second Rd.

• Thanks 1

So beach and second rds are going to be traffic both ways, that's going to make it harder for us drunks crossing the road,who was the brain surgeon who came up with that idea 

12 minutes ago, atst said:

So beach and second rds are going to be traffic both ways, that's going to make it harder for us drunks crossing the road,who was the brain surgeon who came up with that idea 

You are definitely not a brain surgeon........They (Beach Rd and Second Rd) have always been traffic both ways, but because of ongoing construction, beach road is only one way south for an undetermined period.

9 minutes ago, thainet said:

ongoing construction

I live here in Jomtien and travel on Beach Rd everyday...there is no ongoing construction! 555

Which has many business owners up in arms!

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/businesses-protest-one-way-traffic-on-jomtien-beach-road-455711

Edited by Rocketboy

We can say assumed 'ongoing construction', or the 'committee' hasn't decided yet on a plan.

Actually I was on beach rd a few days ago and thought the one way was easier than the previous 2 way....

Can still park both sides, turning into beach side parking easier, so not sure why businesses are complaining, but I'm sure someone will enlighten me.

Edited by thainet

9 hours ago, thainet said:

You are definitely not a brain surgeon........They (Beach Rd and Second Rd) have always been traffic both ways, but because of ongoing construction, beach road is only one way south for an undetermined period.

Well surprise surprise all these years I've been mistaken, now you have got me thinking about all the time's I've travelled down beach Rd and up second rd thinking there one way, either I need to stop drinking or drink more.

9 hours ago, thainet said:

Can still park both sides, turning into beach side parking easier, so not sure why businesses are complaining, but I'm sure someone will enlighten me.

A large proportion of beach road customers live at the Na Jomtien end ,and traditionally travelled via baht bus along beach road getting off at the markets, cafes etc . Now they found themselves travelling along 2nd road ,and perhaps it's taking time for them to get used to where to alight ,and find their way down to the  beach road businesses.

( Just my theory ) 

13 hours ago, atst said:

Well surprise surprise all these years I've been mistaken, now you have got me thinking about all the time's I've travelled down beach Rd and up second rd thinking there one way, either I need to stop drinking or drink more.

Yep it's a drinking problem, thread is about Jomteim and I was thinking Pattaya beach and second rds, the wonder's of a night off , I can see clearly now the piss has gone.

On 02/04/2024 at 00:19, Rocketboy said:

Only south on Beach Rd from Dongtan police box down to Chaiyapruek.

Both ways on 2nd Rd and no Beach Rd is not going to be permanent one way.

so does it turn left onto Chaiyapreuek road (opposite the Police booth on beach road) ?

11 hours ago, Shamrock71 said:

so does it turn left onto Chaiyapreuek road (opposite the Police booth on beach road) ?

11 hours ago, Shamrock71 said:

No it continues directly along the 2 way beach road to Na Jomtien..

On the return , it turns right into Chaiyapreuk ( as that's where it becomes one way ) and continues on to 2nd road . 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

No it continues directly along the 2 way beach road to Na Jomtien..

On the return , it turns right into Chaiyapreuk ( as that's where it becomes one way ) and continues on to 2nd road . 

This is mostly correct BUT SOME Songteaws turn left at Chaiyaphruek. Sometimes. 

21 minutes ago, tsmith18 said:

What @gusincebu wrote is all the way correct.

Heading north on Beach Rd from Na Jomtien to Chaiyapruek you can ONLY turn right!

Ok heading south on Beach Rd you can turn left at the light onto Chaiyapruek or continue straight on Beach Rd.

Edited by Rocketboy

1 hour ago, Rocketboy said:

Heading north on Beach Rd from Na Jomtien to Chaiyapruek you can ONLY turn right!

If you turned left (heading North) you would be in the sea. :)

tsmith18 was obviously referring to Southbound baht bus.

2 hours ago, penboy said:

If you turned left (heading North) you would be in the sea. :)

tsmith18 was obviously referring to Southbound baht bus.

Wow I live here in Jomtien and I didn't realize that!!!!! 555

7 hours ago, tsmith18 said:

and some of them do U-turns and go in completely different routes, as soon as bunch of assholes jump on and pay the driver to go wherever.  Drivers don't care - its all about the baht.