IGNORED

Multi passport entry

alphagemo

This is a multi layered question.

I want to stay in Jomtien for about 6 months but I am quite a bit younger than 50 and so far from being a millionaire, what would be the best option?

I saw that you can do the e-visa thing and you are supposed to do it from the country you are living in but if it's online what is stopping you from not doing that?

I have 2 passports UK and US, but I have been living in the Philippines for the past 2 years, so I figured I could do the e-visa and then extension for 90 total and then apply for another e-visa with the other passport, then leave to somewhere nearby and come back in with the second passport and do another extension. Would that be possible?

Also do condo rentals require a long stay visa beforehand 

Depends on if Thai immigration can link the two passports together. I have 2 UK passports and they know when I’m in and out and can link the 2 together and get questioned if I stay too long, even when switching between them 

Visas are issues by a different department and I don’t think they can link the two passports together, so can get visas on different passports. You should create two different accounts tho on the evisa site for the different passports 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Evisa application will ask for return flights and they’ll need to be from the country you are applying to eg from the U.K. if you apply through the London embassy. It will also require proof of address eg bank statement, utility bill etc. Proof of funds will also require a bank statement and they would expect it to be from a bank in that country.

As you are in the Philippines you would need to apply to a Thai Embassy or Consulate there in person for a visa. They don’t have a reputation for being easy to deal with but if you could get a multiple entry Tourist Visa that would be the easiest option. It means you’d be able to stay for 3 months (60 + 30 days) leave the country and reenter with same visa for another 3 months.

If they’ll only give you a single entry Tourist Visa then you’d still be able to stay 3 months but when you leave the country you’d either need to get a visa from a nearby country or come back on a Visa Exempt which would give you 2 months (but not the 3 months more you want).

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

6 hours ago, davidge said:

The Evisa application will ask for return flights and they’ll need to be from the country you are applying to eg from the U.K. if you apply through the London embassy. It will also require proof of address eg bank statement, utility bill etc. Proof of funds will also require a bank statement and they would expect it to be from a bank in that country.

As you are in the Philippines you would need to apply to a Thai Embassy or Consulate there in person for a visa. They don’t have a reputation for being easy to deal with but if you could get a multiple entry Tourist Visa that would be the easiest option. It means you’d be able to stay for 3 months (60 + 30 days) leave the country and reenter with same visa for another 3 months.

If they’ll only give you a single entry Tourist Visa then you’d still be able to stay 3 months but when you leave the country you’d either need to get a visa from a nearby country or come back on a Visa Exempt which would give you 2 months (but not the 3 months more you want).

Is there an amount that they are looking for in the account ?

If I book the flight it has to be to and from the passport country? I can't fly to Japan first and Vietnam after?

So if I don't have any bills in either of those places I would just be SOL?

How would they know if I was applying in the UK/US or the Philippines if it's all digital for the UK/US ?

A multi entry 60day visa isn't available online correct?

Thanks for the info so far

They sure aren't making anything easy

31 minutes ago, alphagemo said:

Is there an amount that they are looking for in the account ?

If I book the flight it has to be to and from the passport country? I can't fly to Japan first and Vietnam after?

So if I don't have any bills in either of those places I would just be SOL?

How would they know if I was applying in the UK/US or the Philippines if it's all digital for the UK/US ?

A multi entry 60day visa isn't available online correct?

Thanks for the info so far

They sure aren't making anything easy

Bottom line, if you are currently living in the Philippines then you are not meant to be using the Evisa system so just understand you are trying to play the system.

As for the questions, it can vary depending on where you are applying. Some embassies/consulates are easier to deal with than others. Even though it is a central application website each visa is actually issued by the relevant Embassy.

I can answer some as it applies to London, which is one of the more helpful Embassies by reputation.

1. For a Tourist Visa they don’t require a high amount of funds. They ask for bank statements or payslips but balance doesn’t need to be high. 

2. It doesn’t need to be a return flight but they will expect to see a flight from U.K. to Thailand and a flight out of Thailand to somewhere within the validity of the visa.

3. This is the requirement as stated on the Embassy website:

Document that can verify applicant's current residency (Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency.).       
        -   Applicants are requested to submit their local utility bills eg. electricity bill/ gas / mobile phone / rental agreement. 

4. As I said they ask for proof of where you are living and a flight.

5. A multiple entry Tourist Visa is available online but the requirements are much higher.

Honestly, what you need to do is go to the Thai Embassy in Manila and hope they issue a visa. It will need you to be in Manila for at least a couple of days if not longer.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Bottom line, if you are currently living in the Philippines then you are not meant to be using the Evisa system so just understand you are trying to play the system.

As for the questions, it can vary depending on where you are applying. Some embassies/consulates are easier to deal with than others. Even though it is a central application website each visa is actually issued by the relevant Embassy.

I can answer some as it applies to London, which is one of the more helpful Embassies by reputation.

1. For a Tourist Visa they don’t require a high amount of funds. They ask for bank statements or payslips but balance doesn’t need to be high. 

2. It doesn’t need to be a return flight but they will expect to see a flight from U.K. to Thailand and a flight out of Thailand to somewhere within the validity of the visa.

3. This is the requirement as stated on the Embassy website:

Document that can verify applicant's current residency (Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency.).       
        -   Applicants are requested to submit their local utility bills eg. electricity bill/ gas / mobile phone / rental agreement. 

4. As I said they ask for proof of where you are living and a flight.

5. A multiple entry Tourist Visa is available online but the requirements are much higher.

Honestly, what you need to do is go to the Thai Embassy in Manila and hope they issue a visa. It will need you to be in Manila for at least a couple of days if not longer.

Okay, that all sounds good. What I meant by living in the Philippines I mean I am staying there as a tourist for a long time. Still thanks for the info

32 minutes ago, alphagemo said:

Okay, that all sounds good. What I meant by living in the Philippines I mean I am staying there as a tourist for a long time. Still thanks for the info

If you’re applying in person rather than online then you don’t need proof of residence etc. It will just depend on the Embassy what they ask for.

Does a cellphone bill count as a utility bill for the UK e-visa?

10 hours ago, alphagemo said:

Does a cellphone bill count as a utility bill for the UK e-visa?

If it shows a U.K. address it should be ok.

You need a utility bill now? Previously only used my bank statement with UK address on it 

28 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

You need a utility bill now? Previously only used my bank statement with UK address on it 

I don’t think he has a U.K. bank account. I posted the requirements from the London Embassy earlier. Basically, they expect to see something with your name and a U.K. address - though I don’t know how strict they’d be for a TR.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davidge said:

If it shows a U.K. address it should be ok.

Good to know. Would a US bank with a UK address work then too?

10 minutes ago, alphagemo said:

Good to know. Would a US bank with a UK address work then too?

Should do 

• 3 weeks later...

I submitted my application. But I did not see anything that specifically said to submit a proof of funds.

I feel like I did something wrong and just wasted a bunch of money.

1 minute ago, alphagemo said:

I submitted my application. But I did not see anything that specifically said to submit a proof of funds.

I feel like I did something wrong and just wasted a bunch of money.

Multi Entry Tourist visa?

10 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Multi Entry Tourist visa?

Yes

9 hours ago, alphagemo said:

Yes

How many flights did you have to upload? Just the one return flight or multiple?

18 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

How many flights did you have to upload? Just the one return flight or multiple?

Just the 1 flight into Thailand 

• Like 1

It took me a few days to finally make the payment go through and this may be a dumb question but if there is a document issue do they work with you to replace it or do they just reject the application? 

23 minutes ago, alphagemo said:

It took me a few days to finally make the payment go through and this may be a dumb question but if there is a document issue do they work with you to replace it or do they just reject the application? 

They will email you and ask for additional docs. Your application goes to the back of the queue in that case tho