IGNORED

Sabang- Big Apple Dive Resort

windsors420

I've just spent a few days at the Big Apple dive resort in Sabang. I can give it a qualified recommendation for a modestly priced hotel that checks most of the boxes. Good deal for about $45 USD.

The staff was fantastic and the restaurant was decent pub grub. A few things I did find annoying, but luckily after I recently reached my 60th birthday things that would have driven me crazy in years past is just water off a duck's back. What I didn't particularly like, although some people might like this feature , is that to get to the hotel from the beach you have to walk down and extremely narrow walkway and it is not very easy to find the entrance, especially if you're in your cups. Some people might like that the walkway connects to the covered passageway of most of the girly bars and discos. When you're walking next to the beach you don't even notice any adult entertainment enterprises.

Back to the hotel. One of the rooms I stayed at had steps from my bedroom to the bathroom, which in the middle of the night clumsy me almost broke his neck. The second room I had on the second floor was level that did not have that problem. However, the key to the safety box was lost in that room so I had to carry my valuables on me. I really hated that. Not having a safety box is a deal breaker for any hotel I stay at. In addition, if you are  noise sensitive music can easily be heard from the bar restaurant area. It does cut out early in the morning.

There was a small pool that I didn't use but I did see people in it. All in all the hotel is a good value.

Note: the mosquitoes have been horrendous and I sure hope that the island does not have dengue fever.

Edited by windsors420
Additional info about health conditions on Island.