IGNORED

St Giles Makati Philipines

windsors420

Exploring the Philippines for the first time after 20 years of visiting Thailand. I've spent 3 days at the St Giles hotel Makati. A mixed review, but good value and convenient.

The hotel is located  next to Makati Avenue. If you're interested in easy nightlife there is a back door alley that leads towards Burgos Street. Brought back a lovely young woman to my hotel from O'Reilly bar on Burgos. 4000 pesos to bar and 4,000 peso tip to her in the morning.(143$ USD) Quite expensive and I'm sure I overpaid a bit. However, she was spectacular. A bit soft in the midsection but a behind that you could bounce a coin off of.

Back to the hotel review. $45 USD with a basic but all right king size bed. The carpet was clean, although I hate carpets in hotels. The room seemed clean, but I did kill one roach. What I did not like is that they have a sign for to help with conservation so they only make up the room every two days. Like they care about conservation. Doesn't need to be a brain surgeon to figure out why they do this.

The staff was immensely friendly and helpful with excellent command of English. The security guard checked in any female visitors. The buffet breakfast was not a good deal but all right. I preferred the buffet breakfast at the nearby City garden hotel. That was $580 pesos. A little expensive, but a good selection. One time I ate there could not fit another meal the whole day.

All in all this hotel was a decent choice if you're willing to overlook some issues.

• Like 2

I stayed at St Giles in last august and was very impressed

If you're a little like me and have difficulty getting around towns you are not familiar with, but still want to explore there is an easy trick that I use. A 25-minute walk (doable if you're not a lazy bastard) right down Makati Avenue leads you to the Hulo ferry that takes you to Chinatown and is a very pleasant 40 minute trip or so.

I don't know if it's my phone or GPS location but I had trouble using the grab app to get a cab or a motorbike taxi. It kept placing my location at a nearby hotel (Durbin Hotel) and every time I manually entered St Giles it always reverted to the other hotel.