Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Anyone live on the Darkside

Hot_Sauce

Just curious if any members here live on the Darkside?

If so, how do you like being there. What are the positives and negatives.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I did for quite a few years. 

1. Benefits
    1. all the positives of Pattaya that you can dip into whenever you like
    2. Quiet - clean air
    3. Good community
    4. Less temptation so not always pussy hunting
  2. Negatives
    1. ummmm if you want to fuck a stunner very quickly and not travel a few miles, you are probably out of luck? 
    2. Less choice of TF girls willing to come over, although last year staying there i have no issues getting my desires sorted out. 
    3. Need a car or at least a bike

If you naturally prefer city life it will not be for you. 

Thanks for the reply Hamchang 

I kind of prefer to live in a quieter area. City life can wear me down some days. 

Just curious how well you can communicate with the shops/restaurant’s and bars if you don’t speak Thai? I’m guessing you will get bye ok though.

I hear that your $$ can go a little further over there as compared to being in the inner city. But as you mentioned. You would need your own transportation.

From the videos I’ve seen. It gives me the feel that you are living in a little more Thai culture environment. Compared to being in central Pattaya. But not a complete Thai culture. Don’t think I could handle living out too far in the countryside.

But it’s not too far away from the city  for those days you want to check it out or go to the beach.

I’m just wondering in my head. If I would be happier living on the East Side, as compared to Jomtien or Pratamnak? 

15 hours ago, Hot_Sauce said:

Just curious how well you can communicate with the shops/restaurant’s and bars if you don’t speak Thai? I’m guessing you will get bye ok though

They speak english. 

I hear that your $$ can go a little further over there as compared to being in the inner city. But as you mentioned. You would need your own transportation.

motor bike cost you nothing to buy second hand and that's all you really need. Plus the taxi apps are very good there now as well. 

From the videos I’ve seen. It gives me the feel that you are living in a little more Thai culture environment. Compared to being in central Pattaya. But not a complete Thai culture. Don’t think I could handle living out too far in the countryside

It is still possible to live a complete western life and never really interact with the locals in the dark side other than people providing a service. Defeats the point though if you do. Half way between local and farang life really. 

I’m just wondering in my head. If I would be happier living on the East Side, as compared to Jomtien or Pratamnak? 

Stay a week in each - they are all quite different however as above more room for your money. Dark Side think pool villas with a private pool, or village with a centre pool. 

Following with interest, as the Dark Side has emerged as my likely eventual destination.

There's plenty of residential areas in central Pattaya that feels like your away from the madness. I live in one and at night I could hear a pin drop, no reason to go to the DS for peace and quiet.

If I were looking to move from where I am now (near Klang and Sukhumvit) I'd seriously consider either around Mabprachan Reservoir or the Pratumnak Hill area. Both have quiet residential areas. The deciding factor would be how many days/evenings a week I would like to spend in central Pattaya. If few then Mabprachan would be higher on the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

The deciding factor would be how many days/evenings a week I would like to spend in central Pattaya

150 / 200 baht in a Bolt so it's really no limitation aside from the time spent in the cab. Far side of Mabprachan where I stayed last sept to Soi 6 is about 20 minutes. 

• Like 2

Meanwhile the area around Maprachan and Chak Nok got a very good restaurants as well. August, Da Marco, Matys, Vespresso...

There some Gyms (aircon) and Maprachan lake with the bicycle and footpath (10 km for one round) is very popular in the mornings and evenings.

2 hours ago, Hinyen2 said:

Meanwhile the area around Maprachan and Chak Nok got a very good restaurants as well. August, Da Marco, Matys, Vespresso...

There some Gyms (aircon) and Maprachan lake with the bicycle and footpath (10 km for one round) is very popular in the mornings and evenings.

They really did a great job on the bike/running track around the reservoir, and on the park on the NE end. Pictures of the track and park in posts below.

On 22/04/2024 at 15:05, forcebwithu said:

If I were looking to move from where I am now (near Klang and Sukhumvit) I'd seriously consider either around Mabprachan Reservoir or the Pratumnak Hill area. Both have quiet residential areas. The deciding factor would be how many days/evenings a week I would like to spend in central Pattaya. If few then Mabprachan would be higher on the list.

Its not only the question how many days someone likes to go out in Pattaya city, its how many girls are willing to travel so far out like DS to meet.

I live at cozy beach, Pratumnak Hills, takes me 10min to City Center and the girls pay 70b from the Klang area for example.

Just having the feeling to be close to the beach and to Pattaya City as well as to Jomtien, made my decision to live here compared to DS very easy. As for prices, i would say its pretty much same same, of course the option to live in a house is much less here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfgang68 said:

Its not only the question how many days someone likes to go out in Pattaya city, its how many girls are willing to travel so far out like DS to meet.

I didn't have a massive problem last year finding girls willing to come over. Paid their bike taxi basically. 

I've had a house here for over 5 years. It's on a quiet residential village with 24 hour security CCTV, maintenance crews for gardening & refuse collection.

Very quiet nearly all the time, the kids play in the pool for an hour or so when they finish school, neighbours are a mixture of Thai, Chinese, Russians, Indians & Farangs! Everyone generally keeps themselves to themselves but you do get a smile & a nod. 

10 minutes to town on a Bolt Bike or 15 by car if there's traffic. Plenty of stores around, 7-11's, open markets for fresh fruit & veg, expat food stores etc.. No negatives for me as it gets you away from the hustle & bustle. Most people use Lazada for their general needs, shopping trip to Makro once a week for groceries & fresh meat.

Plenty of bars over on the Darkside & some pretty girls which will generally be more grateful & better value than the Buakhao madness. 

There's also plenty of Thai restaurants & other food outlets. 

We lived in Condo's for 4 years & I found I could never stay in; in a house it's so much easier to relax & chill out.

Getting stuff like electrical goods etc. is not an issue as everyone delivers & sets it up for you. It'll take a while till you settle. We're halfway between town & the lake, 10 mins to the highway if we need to go to BKK. 

We did think about getting a pool villa but decided to stay where we are as we really like it. We're in town most evenings as we have the bar to manage but it's nice to escape the Pattaya bedlam for our little bit of peace & quiet, good luck! 😉

Edited by Petesie

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png