IGNORED

Agoda email question

windsors420

I have been having an extended stay at my favorite hotel in Pattaya. The first time I have returned since before the pandemic. The hotel does not have a way to book directly through its own website, but only through a site such as Agoda

At times I'm not always the wisest person and do not read the fine print when I make a purchase. Today I read carefully the email response from my hotel after I booked an extension. The email said that they will do the best to satisfy my request but they don't guarantee it. How can that be? Isn't payment from Agoda a contract and my room  guaranteed. It certainly was not a request. Is it like an airline that can suddenly withdraw a ticket when they're overbooked? This really doesn't concern me, because if I lost my room it would not be the greatest tragedy on Earth because there are hotels and places to stay within a rock's throw of everywhere in Pattaya. However, I can imagine losing a room during the absolutely peak holiday and ending up stuck. 

I only got bad experiences by booking with Agoda. They changing prices during you proceed to payment. Their app is very sensitive to type correct... switching you off. A lot of hassels. 

I never had those problems at booking.com where I am on Genius Level 3.

Agoda will refund you if the reservation which is really on request until the hotel declined it.

Prepayment for hotels through 3rd parties no less, is something I refuse to do.

Even where I stay, I prepay on arrival at a cheap monthly rate but if I leave early they'll rebate it after using the higher weekly rate.

I cannot fathom a hotel not having their own booking because the commission is huge at Agoda while the hotel directly can charge less and still make more per night.

I'd contact Agoda and tell them the hotel refused to confirm and to refund the money. Then book with a hotel directly.

1 hour ago, Marc5 said:

I never had those problems at booking.com where I am on Genius Level 3.

Here is the irony. Booking owns Agoda.

Be aware of all the fine print terms and conditions as it’s these that can bite you on the arse, speaking from a real experience 

Nothing but good experiences with Agoda. Not an issue with hotels currently, we are out of peak season, so if you did need to change hotels, you will get plenty of choice.

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Nothing but good experiences with Agoda.

Ditto.  Just got a no questions asked refund on a room that I booked through them and prepaid (unlike usual).

The only thing to know is that if you need to check out early you eat the room fee for the remaining days.  At least, this is what happened last August at the Krungsri River in Ayutthaya, I booked a room for a friend for 2 days and he left after 1.  No bother, I moved my wife's daughter and couple of grandchildren in there instead.  :)

• Like 1

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

6 hours ago, ricktoronto said:

Here is the irony. Booking owns Agoda.

Yeah that was so funny because booking came up with excuses when I was trying to price match to Agoda lol

Never had a problem with Agoda (fingers crossed, will be booking next trip very soon :) ), those T&Cs are standard legal fare all companies do similar things.

Have you read the same on your airline booking? It will say something along the lines of the airline has no obligation to get you to your destination!!!

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

11 hours ago, windsors420 said:

I have been having an extended stay at my favorite hotel in Pattaya. The first time I have returned since before the pandemic. The hotel does not have a way to book directly through its own website, but only through a site such as Agoda

At times I'm not always the wisest person and do not read the fine print when I make a purchase. Today I read carefully the email response from my hotel after I booked an extension. The email said that they will do the best to satisfy my request but they don't guarantee it. How can that be? Isn't payment from Agoda a contract and my room  guaranteed. It certainly was not a request. Is it like an airline that can suddenly withdraw a ticket when they're overbooked? This really doesn't concern me, because if I lost my room it would not be the greatest tragedy on Earth because there are hotels and places to stay within a rock's throw of everywhere in Pattaya. However, I can imagine losing a room during the absolutely peak holiday and ending up stuck. 

This message is automated and is because you have requested non smoking or smoking and king bed or double single bed when you booked. It hasnt anything to do with the booking itself just the requests.

I always get this message.

Edited by swede37
  • Like 2