IGNORED

BA are going back to BKK and KUL

javasumatra

Hello,

For those interested -

BA are relaunching LHR-KUL daily on November 10

and launching LGW-BKK three times a week from October 28. (Good luck getting on that subload 🙂 )

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, javasumatra said:

Hello,

For those interested -

BA are relaunching LHR-KUL daily on November 10

and launching LGW-BKK three times a week from October 28. (Good luck getting on that subload 🙂 )

I wish they were doing LHR-BKK

Great news….. even if you refuse to fly BA…… any extra competition should help to bring prices down…… slightly 

• Like 3

Where did you hear this? Couldn't see anything online

It was reported by Head for Points from a BA press conference (BA Showcase 2024).

From 

Booking starts tomorrow

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Minstrol said:

Where did you hear this? Couldn't see anything online

I used to work for BA and still have lots of friends and family working there.

LGW-BKK and LHR-KUL are not much use to me as I emigrated to the USA almost 10 years ago. We tend to go westerly with JAL, SIA or EVA. Aside from that, I reckon the BKK route wil be served by some old knackered 777-200.

Edited by javasumatra
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RickyH said:

“KUL”?

Kuala Lumpur.

Easier for me to get to Gatwick than Heathrow......will add a little competition to Eva and Thai

10 hours ago, Pinoydave said:

Great news….. even if you refuse to fly BA…… any extra competition should help to bring prices down…… slightly 

Why would anyone refuse to fly BA our flag carrier ??

If I was on an aircraft that went Tech at 35,000 than I'd hope it was a BA plane for the best chance to get safely to the ground

Live on the BA website now, looking at around £750 return including baggage. You can get similar prices with Thai or EVA from LHR, maybe more handy for people down on the south coast but still goood to see BA back flying to BKK.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, KyleReading said:

Why would anyone refuse to fly BA our flag carrier ??

I like and have great memories of BA but flying on a 777-200 London-BKK with all the other options out there - no thanks. 

BA have great crews but the 777-200s are awful. 10 abreast in economy, no direct aisle access in biz, a laughably outdated IFE.

USA-London, BA are always my choice. The aircraft are pretty modern, crews are great and however bad BA can be, they are nowhere near as bad as AA, UA or DL.

Missus, I and junior are heading out to Thailand in April with JL in business. IMHO, JL have one of the best (and most underrated) J products out there. They don't have the bling of the ME carriers but the service, seats (apex suite - sky suite 1), food and drink are second to none only let down slightly by unresponsive IFE.

Edited by javasumatra
typo

10 hours ago, Minstrol said:

Live on the BA website now, looking at around £750 return including baggage. You can get similar prices with Thai or EVA from LHR, maybe more handy for people down on the south coast but still goood to see BA back flying to BKK.

So add in my regional flight, and its the same as what I am paying with KLM.