IGNORED

Pattaya Booms with Tourist Influx, Hotels Exceed 90% Occupancy

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

S__172548100-300x169.jpg

Pattaya — Pattaya is experiencing a surge in tourism, with hotels exceeding 90% room occupancy driven by an influx of visitors from China, Russia, and India, alongside a rise in domestic tourism. According to Mr. Sanphet Supabawornsathien, president of the Eastern Thai hotel Association, this positive trend is fueled by several factors. Russian tourists, seeking […]

Pattaya Booms with Tourist Influx, Hotels Exceed 90% Occupancy
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Busiest February I have ever seen, and I have seen a few over the decades.

• Like 2

Chockablock. Chinese, Indians, Russians, big groups of Korean and Middle Eastern guys. 

Yeah agree that it seems to be busy, lots of people. 

However from a mongering perspective I don't think it's that busy for the girls. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, khwan said:

However from a mongering perspective I don't think it's that busy for the girls. 

Maybe it looks that way. But maybe the lack of hot young girls indicates that many of them have gone elsewhere to cater to these groups more privately and what you see on Soi6 and gogos is the left over trash no one really wants. 

Russians are now taking over Pattaya, just as they have taken over Phuket. I walked through central Pattaya yesterday and heard more Russian being spoken than Thai.

The Russians have taken over popular tourist cities that are not prominently western aligned and lax sanctions enforcement. Dubai, Bali, Goa, Cyprus, Sri Lanka etc. The influx is so bad that Bali Governor has threatened restrictions as result of their conduct. And badly heavily depends on Tourism. Sri Lankan has now followed suit as the Russians have set up bars and clubs that does not allow entry to locals. 

They are in expensive resorts and hotels and many are long stay. 

All the while, their sons of the lower end of society are dying in numbers. 

1 hour ago, khwan said:

I think you may be correct, since this week I have been getting heaps of messages on TF.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, George1234 said:

Chockablock. Chinese, Indians, Russians, big groups of Korean and Middle Eastern guys. 

Nope, I would say the majority are Caucasians.

17 hours ago, khwan said:

Prices being asked are the reason.....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Nope, I would say the majority are Caucasians.

Yep. Chockablock. With many of the nationalities included in the news piece. The majority may well be farangs. 

19 hours ago, jdn2020 said:

Maybe it looks that way. But maybe the lack of hot young girls indicates that many of them have gone elsewhere to cater to these groups more privately and what you see on Soi6 and gogos is the left over trash no one really wants. 

This is so idiotic.   I'm not sure what you are seeing but I'm talking to/seeing many hot young gogo girls.  Left over trash?   Wtf are you talking about 

• Like 4

Unless every hotel guest is asleep or out at 9-11pm this is untrue.  I walk home many times at night looking up at hotels and only about 30% of rooms/balconies have their lights on.  Now my condo does has a huge influx of Chinese and some Indian AirBnB illegal guests....Somehow Google, Agoda, and Booking.com can list my condo building as a hotel on their websites....it sucks for the condo owners and sucks for the hotels nearby as only the ones with bus tour travelers are relatively full

Edited by LovinBgood

May your heart always be joyful. May your song always be sung....and may you stay - Forever Young

I'll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours Bobby Dylan

I’ve moved hotels today, the receptionist said they have been at 100% for the last few days.

• Like 1

Influx of Chinese will get worse very quickly.

As of yesterday, 1st March, Chinese visitors do NOT need a visa. They can enter visa free for 30 days.

The Apartment that I stay in every year, is full, which I have never seen before.

There was not one person staying in it, during the covid years, and I worried that it would close.

1 minute ago, ICanand IWill said:

As of yesterday, 1st March, Chinese visitors do NOT need a visa. They can enter visa free for 30 days.

Well, its still got a long way to go, to reach the numbers that were here pre-covid days.

I don't think they are too enamoured with Thailand, and how they get treated.

• Like 1

Just sorting my accomadation out for a quick visit at the beginning of April - and all my normal condos are completely full.

I'm still searching, but its looking like I'll be in a tent on Beach Road.  If any BM's spot me, pop over and shake the tent pole, and we can have a beer.

• Haha 2

The Chinese influx is largely to do with Spring Festival/Lunar New Year. I dint think visa free is going to make much of a dent because Chinese already had Visa on arrival at 2000THB. I dont think saving 2K is a big concern for most tourists.

Right now Chinese are a little wary of Thailand because you are constantly hearing news of Chinese dying or getting kidnapped in Thailand. These kinds of stories go viral in China and are pretty consitent l. The mall shooting a few months ago had a few Chinese victims as well.

The other thing to consider is the economy. China is in a lot of trouble right now economically and many Chinese have gone into saving mode.

I dont see them getting to pre-covid numbers for awhile.

Countdown Clocks

53 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

pop over and shake the tent pole,

As long as they shake the right 'tent' pole!!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rain_angelus said:

The other thing to consider is the economy. China is in a lot of trouble right now economically and many Chinese have gone into saving mode.

People who can afford to holiday still go on holiday when the economy is troubled. People always try and allocate their disposable towards a holiday.

And whatever the economic cycle might be at a given time, the absolute numbers of people from Asia who will be able to newly afford a holiday is going to be immense over the next few decades. The creation of new middle classes is orders of magnitude more important than short-term movements in the economic cycle 

Thailand, without question, will able to build on visitor numbers in the years to come. Pattaya is going to do just fine with domestic and international tourism. 

4 hours ago, ICanand IWill said:

Why is Chinese people visiting on Pattaya an “influx” That will “get worse?”

It’s just people of a different race to you going on holiday.

if you can’t handle that, then it’s all on you 

Edited by Gonetothedogs

1 hour ago, George1234 said:

People who can afford to holiday still go on holiday when the economy is troubled. People always try and allocate their disposable towards a holiday.

And whatever the economic cycle might be at a given time, the absolute numbers of people from Asia who will be able to newly afford a holiday is going to be immense over the next few decades. The creation of new middle classes is orders of magnitude more important than short-term movements in the economic cycle 

Thailand, without question, will able to build on visitor numbers in the years to come. Pattaya is going to do just fine with domestic and international tourism. 

This is not directed at you George, but I am always staggered at those people who fly half way round to world to a foreign country and complain there are too many foreigners there. 

5 hours ago, Yankser said:

I’ve moved hotels today, the receptionist said they have been at 100% for the last few days.

I had trouble finding anywhere “reasonable” in Na Klua or Pratumnak last weekend. Na Klua Was almost totally booked out on hotels.com 

ended up in a Guesthouse on Pratumnak Soi 6 close to “little Moscow” The night market there was doing brisk business but the bars on Soi 5 were quite quiet. 

Long gone are the COVID days of Areca Lodge for 700 a night