IGNORED

AMA - I am working as a Remote Software Developer & can help people, if required

patrickj

The title says it all. I have 10 years of experience working as a backend software developer at a top-tier American company. I work remotely and visit the office once every quarter for a few days.

Although this specific area of the forum has very less topics, I thought of adding this here if someone is still interested and has any questions or if I can be helpful to someone. 

• 1 month later...

Hey Patrick..I am Raj..and currently in Australia would love to get some insight on remote opportunities...

to aid to my mongering journey :)

Will your work location be tracked by the company/your mgr? I assume you report the work location as a U.S. address and you are not supposed work long time in another country?  So you report all the travels or you just be silent on this and dial in to meetings? Really appreciate if you can share your experience on this ty

I bet changing your Teams / Zoom background image comes in handy when doing those remote meetings from Soi 6.

:D

• Haha 2

How do you handle the timezones? Do your employer know in which country you are? In which country do you pay taxes? Did you get extra health insurance for other countries?

• COVID-19

Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

• Advertise on Pattaya Addicts