IGNORED

North Pattaya Bus Station

DanFrank

I plan to take the public bus from Bangkok to Pattaya. 

What are travel options to the LK Metro area from there ? Are there baht buses, that go from the bus station down Beach Road or would I need to change baht buses assuming there is one from the bus station to the top of Beach Road. 

I won't have much luggage though too much for a motorbike taxi. 

I would just grab a bolt once you arrive. Theres usually also baht buses waiting at the station, but I'm not sure if they go a certain route or if they are operating as a taxi from a to b.

There are 50 baht buses that will take you to the hotel as long as it is in central Pattaya, Jomtien etc they charge more.  Usually they wait until full before they leave or at least near full.   

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Grab would by far be the easiest choice...

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

Yes. There are baht buses at North Pattaya bus station, they are highly organised, ask you where you are going and show you which baht bus to get on, there are lots of buses arriving and the baht bus drivers, will group passengers into an efficient route/loop to drop everyone off and return to the bus station.

The route will depend on who else is on the same baht bus as you. My route is typically via Beach Road and they work their way back dropping people off along the way and stop for me at the soi lengkee/3rd road junction, I am usually one of the last off the bus, simply because most people are going to hotels on Beach Road/2nd Road.

Agree the price before you get on the baht bus, typically 50 baht plus tip.

Sure, Bolt & Grab are easier, the baht bus is a lot more fun, afterall this is Thailand and I am not usually in a rush.

• Like 2

PA-SIG.PNG.ee32881a8f3d2f2bdf9b7061c2a3e4ff.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

To answer my own question and back up what others said... when I got off the bus from Bangkok there were several baht buses waiting. guy asked me which hotel I was going to, told me 50 baht and pointed to a specific bus. the Baht Bus left straight away with about 8 people on it. It dropped me off right outside the Areca Lodge

Bus from Bangkok was a bit of a pain. It left late then made a 15 minute fuel stop just outside Pattaya. I would book a taxi in future though I am a bit nervous of the driving skills of the taxi drivers. 

On 28/02/2024 at 21:12, DanFrank said:

To answer my own question and back up what others said... when I got off the bus from Bangkok there were several baht buses waiting. guy asked me which hotel I was going to, told me 50 baht and pointed to a specific bus. the Baht Bus left straight away with about 8 people on it. It dropped me off right outside the Areca Lodge

you were lucky , the baht bus leaves only when the bus is full. Sometimes you have to sit in the bus and wait.

Ding Ding ...... Please remember to like and subscribe.

5 minutes ago, mmaaarrrkkk said:

you were lucky , the baht bus leaves only when the bus is full. Sometimes you have to sit in the bus and wait.

Hence, why its always been quicker for me to cross the road, and wave one down.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Hence, why its always been quicker for me to cross the road, and wave one down.

That is my first approach but the frequency of baht buses is pathetic on Pattaya Nuea Rd at that point so I’ll often just make my way on a Bolt taxi.