IGNORED

Airbnb recommendations for BKK and Pattaya

freddy73

Hi, looking for some Airbnb (or similar) recommendations for BKK and Pattaya..

Requirements, large room/1 bed apartment, pool, central location, and washing machine.

Budget - up to £40/$35 per night, will be staying a minimum of 10 nights in both city's

Any recommendations greatly received

When are you going?

I've always stayed in hotels but have an Airbnb at The Edge in Pattaya for 5 nights booked in early March.

You should be able to find a room with a laundry machine in that range (one of the smaller ones). Location is tops but I can't report on the experience until I've been. Heaps of listings in that building. To save a few bucks try next door at The Base but I've not heard great things about there lately.

I stay at the Grand Avenue on Soi 15 in Pattaya. Many apartments listed on Airbnb. Close enough to the action but nice and quiet and secure. 
in Bangkok I stay on Soi 8 or Soi 5 or Soi 11. Just use the map function on the search function. Close to the BTS and Nana and Soi cowboy but quiet enough to sleep at night or during the day. 
DM me for any further advice. 
Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Is short term Airbnb legal or not?

am to thinking of renting Airbnb for 10days

12 minutes ago, Heisenberg7008 said:

Is short term Airbnb legal or not?

am to thinking of renting Airbnb for 10days

Not legal but not enforced so many still do daily, weekly rentals through AirBNB,.

Just curious why are people booking airbnb in Thailand when hotels are so cheap?

If its about the washing machine ok although there is plenty of cheap laundries .

Or maybe having multiple guests?

The thing that is putting me off booking airbnb is the daily cleaning is not provided and can be rather booked separately at additional cost( 200-300b).So once you factor that in its not really a cheaper option than a good 4* hotel?

Not being judgmental, just wondering.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Hotcarrot said:

Just curious why are people booking airbnb in Thailand when hotels are so cheap?

If its about the washing machine ok although there is plenty of cheap laundries .

The thing that is putting me off booking airbnb is the daily cleaning is not provided and can be rather booked separately at additional cost( 200-300b).So once you factor that in its not really a cheaper option than a good 4* hotel?

This is the exact conclusion I made. Change of the sheets and cleaning rooms push me not to book airbnb. 

On 12/03/2024 at 00:21, Hotcarrot said:

It depends on a lot.  In Bangkok you can spend about $50 USD a day (during high season) for a 30-45 m² room in an upper tier condo with great facilities (gym, pools, rooftop gardens, saunas, etc).  The equivalent hotel room (quality wise) will cost over $100+ USD per day, and only be 20-30 m² without the same span of facilities.  So, no you really do save a lot using different measures like total space, and access to facilities.  The savings compounds as well, so even if you manage to score a great deal on that $100+ USD at $70 a night, the extra $20 you save over a 2-3 month stay isn't insignificant to most people. 

If I'm staying someplace for 30+ days, I typically check out Airbnb offerings first, because I know it'll typically save me a good $700-$800.

Here's a great example... check out this place at roughly $100 a night on Airbnb.  

Living room image 1Living room image 10Bedroom image 3Full bathroom image 2

Roughly the same price as the very bottom tier room at a place like the Landmark... and completely, and totally destroys the Landmark in every way as a place to stay.