Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Centara Life Hotel (LK Metro) or Page 10 for first time visitor

mrtinfoilhat

I currently have refundable bookings for

* Centara Life hotel (Formerly Centara Life Avenue)  Deluxe Queen with balcony which received a positive review from @LOTTELLEE WINNA and
Page 10 - Grand Deluxe King Bed -- which some people like and others hate. The Grand Deluxe has the closet outside of the bathroom. I've ready every review and still having a struggle.

This will be my first trip to Pattaya so I'm interested in safety, convenience/location, room quality, balcony (smoking), and comfort. Page 10 is a bit more money but not enough for me to care.

I'm a little concerned that Centara Life hotel is hidden down an Alley and difficult to find for FLs and Bolt drivers. I'm also concerned about the tiny room as I expect to rest a bit during the day.

Page 10 rooms are much larger but people say they are warn out, poor internet and AC doesn't stay on when you aren't in the room. I'm not too picky about the fanciest room but I'd like something clean and cool.

If you had to choose between the two for a first time visitor, which would you choose? Help me stop being so indecisive. 

My experience at Page 10 was great and it is one of my favourite hotels. The location was ideal for me. I had the deluxe room, closet inside the bathroom.

The only thing I look for in a hotel room is to have a big bathroom and walk-in shower and Page 10 have them. I've only tried connecting to the wifi once and it was shit. I had a room on the 6th floor facing north so it was quiet all day long. Pool area is small tbh.

The staff were great, haven't had breakfast but it looked well stocked. Yes it's a bit outdated, and you only get one keycard so no AC while you are away. The AC was cold though, but a bit noisy. Another thing is that some days I would only have luke-warm water.

The price was B24k for 13 nights in November which is acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Read my trip reports here, thanks:

September 2019November 2019

May 2023November 2023

Page 10 is a decent hotel, it’s just showing its age a bit but imo opinion there’s nothing wrong with the place.  I’d happily stay there again because of its location. Fairly easy to get most places I’d want to go due to its proximity to the baht bus route, without being in the middle of the action. I  didn’t have any issues with aircon…the wifi? I didn’t really use it because I buy a sim when I arrive then use hotspot on my phone (I tend to do this even when I stay at hotels with good wifi)… The service was good and it was nice and clean. The breakfast was kind of boring but got the job done. All in all I’d recommend Page 10 just don’t go there expecting a 5 star hotel.

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

I always ask newbies looking for advice what they see themselves doing.

If you're an outdoor bar type guy, you'll probably want to stay near soi buakhao, as the large complexes like tree town are off of it. I'd choose Areca Lodge for this type.

If you see yourself hanging out at Walking Street every night you'll probably appreciate quick and easy access to beach road to catch a baht bus, or bike.  LK Empress/Deep BlueZ are my choices for this type, as they are basically right at the beach road end of things.

If you're looking for a mix soi 10 is a really good area to be.  Page 10 is a good starter, but honestly I'd prefer Areca Lodge for this type as well.

A very nice room @ The Dynasty Inn (Grand Deluxe)

It's on the top floor and has a nice balcony area

Near Soi Metro, Soi 6, and WS

Edited by Greg_B

Centara life is good but rooms small you need a room with a balcony, balcony rooms can get noise from the bars though, the rooftop pool is good has gym and sauna plus steam room as well.

I’m staying at Centara Life again next week. However this might be the final time as a new Beer Bar complex is about to open - this is located right next to the hotel…unsure of just what impact this will have on ability to sleep.

15 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

honestly I'd prefer Areca Lodge for this type as well

Unfortunately that was booked by the time I was making my plans. I'm leaning toward Page 10 just because I honestly don't need the newest shiniest room and I'd rather be on a street than a hidden alley. 

Wish me luck. I arrive in Pattaya the same day as you @LOTTELLEE WINNA

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrtinfoilhat said:

Unfortunately that was booked by the time I was making my plans. I'm leaning toward Page 10 just because I honestly don't need the newest shiniest room and I'd rather be on a street than a hidden alley. 

It's your first time in Pattaya, but just so you know, Areca is located on a street with more businesses than Page 10 is.  Soi 10 is basically justa row of hotels with an odd massage front (though it's a great spot to walk to stuff from).  Literally across the street from Areca is LK Metro, and there are like 10 restaurants, various bars, and a 7-11 on Soi Diana (officially called Soi 13 off second road).  If your impression is Page 10 is on the more bustling "street" you are very, very mistaken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

I’m staying at Centara Life again next week. However this might be the final time as a new Beer Bar complex is about to open - this is located right next to the hotel…unsure of just what impact this will have on ability to sleep.

At least it won't affect your stay, it appears in final stages of construction. I wouldn't have thought it would add much noise from existing Soi Boomerang outlets?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PGSTC776 said:

It's your first time in Pattaya, but just so you know, Areca is located on a street with more businesses than Page 10 is.  Soi 10 is basically justa row of hotels with an odd massage front (though it's a great spot to walk to stuff from).  Literally across the street from Areca is LK Metro, and there are like 10 restaurants, various bars, and a 7-11 on Soi Diana (officially called Soi 13 off second road).  If your impression is Page 10 is on the more bustling "street" you are very, very mistaken. 

I'm actually liking that it is a quiet street, I don't have to stay *right* in the middle of everything.

I'm also not talking about Areca, I'm talking about Centara Life which is down a strange alley way. If you think I'm talking about Areca you are very, very mistaken.

• Confused 1

You quoted a comment about Areca.  Anyhow, looks like you have some awareness of the area.  Have fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PGSTC776 said:

You quoted a comment about Areca.  Anyhow, looks like you have some awareness of the area.  Have fun. 

Thanks, and apologies for the snark.

• Like 1