IGNORED

Can't decide Amethyst or Areca

steviemac121

On 13/02/2024 at 14:29, vivid2 said:

The Super Deluxe rooms at Areca are in the Evergreen building, and they have really good sized balconies.  But their main advantage is that the air conditioner is NOT on the balcony…they’re placed outside of the building on the opposite side from the balcony.  Which means you can’t hear it from your room, and it doesn’t blow hot air at you on your balcony. 

The hotel got back to me with this 

"Kindly be informed, that the Deluxe Plus room is located at the Areca and Corona wing, Sir. There is wifi service in all of the buildings".

So I think I'm in the upgraded part of the hotel.(hopefully).I also emailed Amethyst about premier rooms they were looking 590 baht extra which put the rooms to £55 a night Areca £41 not a lot but adds up over a trip.Stull looking but thanks for all the help

8 hours ago, steviemac121 said:

located at the Areca and Corona

The Areca and Corona wings have both been refurbished in recent year, the Corona building completed late last year!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/02/2024 at 11:10, steviemac121 said:

I thought i had the first part of my next trip sorted in a deluxe room in the Amethyst when after checking with the hotel its a very small balcony in these rooms.Quick search later and I got a Deluxe plus Pool view King room in the Areca for the same price.Location is brilliant in bother these hotels so it's down to the rooms.

1.How small is the balcony as I like chilling with a drink and a book on balcony before going out.

2.These rooms in Areca how bad is the wifi as from reading reviews it seems to where in the hotel you are depends on the WiFi quality and I do stream a lot on holiday if I can't sleep.

I know these seem trivial but as I only get 1 trip a year now I'm married am trying to just tick all the boxes.

Has anyone stayed in these particular rooms and if so could you let me know what you think of these rooms...

1.How small is the balcony as I like chilling with a drink and a book on balcony before going out.

all good for this, usually they are for 2 person but some may have the airconditionner close so it can be noisy.

2.These rooms in Areca how bad is the wifi as from reading reviews it seems to where in the hotel you are depends on the WiFi quality and I do stream a lot on holiday if I can't sleep.

i had no problem with it but it probably depend of the room and i dont stream on vacacation.

I know these seem trivial but as I only get 1 trip a year now I'm married am trying to just tick all the boxes.

Areca is the best place i know in Pattaya, girls friendly, clean , 2 pools, the buffet is ok, very close to LK, the bus is close so you can be on WS or Soi6 in less then 10 minutes. A lots of restaurant, massage, bar, gogo and all what makle Pattaya so fun, the hotel also have a massage parlor inside. 

Has anyone stayed in these particular rooms and if so could you let me know what you think of these rooms...

i had a deluxe a few time but not with the pool view. Bring some good earplugs if you are on city side because LK can be noisy and at the morning there is some car into the area but definetly not comparable with the noise near WS.

Book in Plus zone only, the one without Plus in the name are into the old building, less expessing be a lot older.

its not perfect but the price/value ratio is excellent. For a yearly trip you cant be wrong if you book the deluxe with pool view.

• Like 1

Is there rooms that has got walk in shower at Areca? I find it to dangerous to step in and out of a hot tub at my age, especially when mao.

15 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

Is there rooms that has got walk in shower at Areca? I find it to dangerous to step in and out of a hot tub at my age, especially when mao.

Several rooms have walk in showers, it will tell you on the room description on their website.
https://arecalodge.com/rooms.html

From personal experiences the standard plus and deluxe plus both had them when i was there on previous occasions (in the main building)

21 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

Rooms in the Evergreen or Corona section are renovated and have the walk-in showers

Capture.PNG

On 23/02/2024 at 22:45, Tarpon said:

some have bath other have walk in shower, its usually written into the room description.

There is one floor in the Areca building that they kept the shower in the bath as baths are apparently favoured by some nationalities, I am not sure if they did the same in the Corona Building, but it is usually stated what type of room you are getting when booking, at least that is on the Areca website.