IGNORED

Romanian Tourist Falls to Death from Pattaya Hotel Balcony

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

S__91373590-300x169.jpg?v=1707463281

Pattaya — A 63-year-old Romanian tourist lost his life in a fall from the balcony of a 7-story hotel in Soi 5, Pattaya, on Friday morning, February 9th. The incident was reported to Pattaya police around 9:30 AM. Police officers and rescue workers arrived at an unidentified hotel to find the lifeless body of the […]

Romanian Tourist Falls to Death from Pattaya Hotel Balcony
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

When we claim to have high-level international tourism, we at least adjust the height of hotel balconies.

This is at least the third tourist to fall from a balcony in less than a week. And thousands over the past few years

On 09/02/2024 at 19:17, Jakuy7 said:

thousands over the past few years

Anything to back up that claim. Seems a bit smelly. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

Anything to back up that claim. Seems a bit smelly. 

Well they are constantly posting on this forum about falangs falling off balconies. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

4 minutes ago, 1tooth said:

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt

Don't see why. The guy seems to think you can't move anywhere in Thailand without being murdered, kidnapped, run over, shot, stabbed, and raped by a bunch of LBs (I know I forget a few things there.) Frankly, it's rather tiresome. 

18 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Don't see why. The guy seems to think you can't move anywhere in Thailand without being murdered, kidnapped, run over, shot, stabbed, and raped by a bunch of LBs (I know I forget a few things there.) Frankly, it's rather tiresome. 

That’s not what he saying. 

The frequency is alarming by any means and it has been going on for years. If you factor suicide for various reasons as well as accidents (short balconies, inebriated etc)  it cannot account for these numbers.

Patts and Thailand is relatively safe but these falls need to be accounted for. 

The trouble is Farangs seldom have family here and therefore no voice. And because of Patts reputation families back home are unlikely to go on social media or contact the press to seek answers. So I have no qualms in saying it is easier to close such cases.

9 minutes ago, Joeleg said:

That’s not what he saying

I was referring to his general dismal postings. 

But, to address it directly. "Thousands within the past few years". Really? I know it's not exactly uncommon. But these cases get a lot of exposure because not much else is going on (aside from traffic deaths, of course. On this point I will somewhat agree with him.) 

Thousands?  What's the name of that song....... It's Raining Men!

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

This one makes at least three people joining the Pattaya diving team in the past couple weeks.

Edited by Kale

To get to thousands in the past few years you’d need 6+ a week over 3 years. I certainly don’t see that quantity reported weekly. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tosserred said:

To get to thousands in the past few years you’d need 6+ a week over 3 years. I certainly don’t see that quantity reported weekly. 

Indeed. It's made up bullshit. There's a few instances here and there. And they're uncomfortable. But it's nowhere near those numbers. 

• Like 1

In fairness, it is a more common occurrence than you see in other places. I genuinely wonder why?